Emby for Kodi - wrong episode thumbs

StealthDefender

StealthDefender

Hey guys i have tested this on two machines ( openelec, win 8.1 )

The actual version of the addon dont take the episode picture (thumb) from the emby server. Kodi create new one out from the video file!

Can anyone look at this?

For test i have reinstalled the addon and refresh the database ( also complete deleting) but no effect!

With the first addon version all goes well at this!

Only when i go to a episodes info to refresh then the correct picture loads.

Greetz Stealth

xnappo

It is because Kodi now knows where the file is, so it is being 'helpful' and creating them.  Maybe look in Kodi forums to see if there is a way to turn it off.

xnappo

Found it - turn off:

Settings -> Video -> File Lists -> Extract Thumbnails and Video Information

@@marcelveldt - but the 'and video information' may mean we lose some stuff you stopped syncing from Emby right?

StealthDefender

It is because Kodi now knows where the file is, so it is being 'helpful' and creating them. Maybe look in Kodi forums to see if there is a way to turn it off.

But why it worked on the first release of the addon and with the actual version it brokes? Makes no sense in my opinion!

Greetz Stealth

xnappo

On the first release, we we still using the old plugin's play stuff.  This meant that native resume didn't work along with a bunch of other stuff.

Now we point Kodi to the file so we can use more of the native stuff - but one of the native things Kodi does it make thumbnails.  So turn it off.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Found it - turn off:

Settings -> Video -> File Lists -> Extract Thumbnails and Video Information

@@marcelveldt - but the 'and video information' may mean we lose some stuff you stopped syncing from Emby right?

No, shouldn't matter... That setting should actually be turned on because it will also collect the details about the videofile like aspect ratio, codec and stuff like that.

I think the problem lies in our code where we set the thumbnail to the episode. That could have been forgotten or not set correctly..

StealthDefender

I added thumbs to the import for episodes, it now uses the thumb from the server.

Is there a new version online allready? Have i make a complete reimport of the database?

Look into this and be happy if it works, you make a great work on this really!

Happy easter everyone....... :D

Greetz Stealth