Unable to connect

matrixebiz
Go to solution Solved by matrixebiz,

matrixebiz

Hello, for some reason my Roku MB/E channel tells me 'Unable to connect' when I select my PC from the list so I have to Add server and type in the IP address agian everytime. Any way to fix this?

matrixebiz

I was having problems with the MB channel so I installed the Emby channel to see if that would fix it but didn't. Should I remove both channels and try agin?

matrixebiz

Ok, I see the problem, it is trying to connect to the old IP of the server 192.168.0.14 but now it is 192.168.0.21

I did a flushdns and rebooted my laptop after turning off the Wireless because it is plugged in Direct and it is fine now. Thx

Edited by matrixebiz

how exactly did you do it manually before? the log doesn't report any saved manual addresses

also do you have the old server still running? because it is sending out server discovery messages and something is responding saying my address is 192.168.0.14

matrixebiz

I would just select the 'Add Server' option and manually type in 21 but I think because they are the same computer 'Name' (14 and 21) the Roku Emby Channel got confused when trying to add it in the server list using the new ip because that 'Name' already existed and wasn't forcing the manual ip change because 14 was also responding. 

I think 14 was the ip that the wireless card picked up and 21 is the lan card so it must have been getting confused.

Maybe because my router only has port 8096 open/redirect for the 21 ip address and not 14 anymore it couldn't connect properly  ??

When I try and ping 14 now it doesn't respond since I turned the wireless card off and Media Browser server now shows as using 21.

Maybe something to bring up to the Developer of the Roku channel?

Edited by matrixebiz

i don't think so because as i mentioned before, the server is sending out server discovery messages and something is responding saying my address is 192.168.0.14.