Playback issues - program repeating

Jvtm

Hey there @@7illusions. The new app is a good step forward. Just a few quirks. I've been watching some of my tv shows and at the end of the show the program jumps back into the middle of the episode and continues playing again. This is on direct play of AAC/h264 videos. Have you seen this issue before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
KnowEyeDear

Jumping into an old thread. Just finished a rebuild. Installed Win8.1 so used the app instead of MBC. My setup is exhibiting the same behavior as the above post. Has this been sorted, or must I change things back?

Cheers, any assistance appreciated

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi KnowEyeDear,

I was pretty sure it was sorted, but maybe not if you are having problems. Let's see if we can figure it out. What format is the video in you are having problems with?

• 4 weeks later...
twillist

I'm having the same issue as well as the video freezing at random times for 5-10 secs ever few min. The video is a M2TS file with the video in AVC and audio in AC-3

jordy

I'm having the same issue eg repeating the last part after the show ends. It always does it but from various points eg replay the last half or just the last couple of minutes and it continues to repeat from the same spot until I stop it manually. Also when this happens the play state is not updated.

jordy

Running on win8.1. Most of my shows are in mkv or mp4 format x264/ac3. As far as I can remember they all play direct. I'll play another one today and make sure I get all the details. Need a log. Where do I find it?

jordy

HI, Played a number of episodes today, 4 in a row were perfect they were .mp4. The last one was an .mkv (see Emby media details below). When it finished, it went into a repeat loop where it replayed the last minute or so of the file - until i stopped it by pausing playback and then exiting back to the previous screen.

EDIT:

Play Type: DIRECT

Server: Version 3.0.5694.40828

Emby 8.1 App: 3.4.1.325

Log file attached below.

55c2209a66765_Repeatplay.png

Edited by jordy

7illusions

It feels like a transcoding issue serverside where the stream doesn't end but just keeps on going.

@@Luke what's your take on this?

7illusions

No log, but sinceit's Win8.1 there's no native mkv support so atleast we know it transcoding.

@@jordy, can you post the server logs, including the transcoding log? Thanks

jordy

Here are the transcode and server logs related to this file.

The original Server log was 34mb so I removed the lines prior to the first instance of the problem file.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Edited by jordy

crazybbs

+1 with the same problem on win 10 with a mkv file but it transcode cause it's not h264 video codec. when I play all from here at the end of the show It go to the next show but I hear 2 show at the same time.

just let me know if you need some logs

Thank you

7illusions

It's due to the app forcing StreamCopy which isn't fully working.

I'm looking into solving this.

• 2 weeks later...
KnowEyeDear

Sorry for the delay in responding.

My mistake, I reported this in the wrong sub group.

This actually pertains to WMC

Again, sorry.

Cheers

Edited by KnowEyeDear

jordy

It's due to the app forcing StreamCopy which isn't fully working.

I'm looking into solving this.

Any updates on this getting fixed?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
AgileHumor

Still having the repeat issue where at end, it will replay the episode from about half way through on Roku 2.25 and Server 3.1.1. Visiting relatives who use it and they say its typical.

Any way to fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
shawnf

Hi

I just wanted to add to this thread that this is still an issue. I am in Thailand at the moment so first time I have been transcoding data across the internet with Emby Theatre. I can't provide much infomation since my server is in Australia, but when ever a program finishes it jumps back into about half way and continues again.  Even when set to shuffle in a tv series it is doing this.