Multi-Disc "12-Part" Limit for folders Playback Issue

Krazik

Krazik

Hi all,

I have been having issues playing my multi-dics collections since an update for MediaBrowser/Emby in late November 2014. I believe developers have looked into this but I have not seen a recent version fix this problem. Accessing multi-discs was never an issue prior to November 2014 so I am truly confused as to how and why this function is broken.  This issue has been referenced in a few threads on this forum: here, here, and here.

In summary, I've had my media collection in Video_TS format for almost 5 years and I used versions of MB 2 and (early) MB 3 with one minor issue (which was resolved by the devs).  Since I chose to use Video_TS as my format, I used the recommended naming scheme for both Movies and TV Series, adding multiple discs in as folders.  Until last November 2014 this worked perfectly.  After November 2014, multiple folder entries were limited to 12 parts.  This a problem for larger TV Shows like "Friends" or "The Shield" which have upwards of 30+ discs. The 12 disc limit means I cannot access the entire show.

Since I know encoding will come up as a suggested solution I will attempt to address that too.  I don't plan on re-encoding my current DVD library. I had trouble with a large portion of my TV show DVD's and MakeMKV in the past due to the variety of ways companies lay out episodes/extras.  Since Media Center has fairly decent DVD playback capability, the Video_TS approach was the most consistent way for me to watch my content when not playing from the disc.

Again, I am looking for any help in getting this resolved. It's strange that this issue suddenly occurred in MB/Emby especially since it was never a problem.  If there isn't a fix available, I would appreciate a way to "roll back" to a version thate previously works.

Thanks in advance!

this is something i've been hoping to expose in configuration but i'm afraid i haven't been able to get to it. as a workaround in the meantime i would suggest either splitting those shows with extra subfolder, e.g. Discs 1-8, Discs 9-16, etc. Or I would consider following our suggested naming convention for tv shows and folder rips. You can name the rips for each disc in such a way that it will tell us what episodes are on each one.

Krazik

Hi Luke,

I appreciate the update.  Hopefully you can get around to that soon but I know you guys are working on a lot of things.  Whenever you do, I'll be extremely grateful.  I'll look into your suggested options. I think the first one  (Discs 1-8, 9-16, etc) is viable.  It'll take a while since it's my entire collection but it's worth a shot.

Thanks again.