Emby for Kodi - Login issue

Tolotos

Tolotos

Hi,

one of my Emby users can't login. The logfile is attached but I saw this error

19:24:06 T:7108   ERROR: C:\Users\RGU\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\UserClient.py:215: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
                                              if (username == name):

in the log. The username contains a German "Umlaut" may its the same issue as yesterday with the path containing UTF8 characters. 

Yours Tolotos

kodi.log

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Just to let you know, I've finally figured out how to fix this issue. The fix will be available soon.

Angelblue05

@@Tolotos

If you feel comfortable, can you try this build here? I've reworked the download system to work with special characters and hopefully make it even faster. You would need to start from scratch with this (reset your local db and user info), but having a special character in your username should work now. You just download the zip. In %appdata/Roaming/Kodi/addons/ delete the plugin.video.emby folder. Start Kodi and install the addon from zip, pointing to the zip you just downloaded.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/tree/With-Requests

55380c4ef0802_do_githubzip.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

Tolotos

@@Angelblue05 Sorry, I was a week not at home. After starting Kodi I got the 0.0.30 which works with my non ASCII characters in the user name. I assume the above version is released to the official repo.

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
xnappo

Please confirm this is fixed in 0.1.0 so we can close.