Emby for Kodi - Specials episodes shown in all seasons

puithove

puithove

For my shows that have "Specials" episodes, all of the specials are displayed in the listings for each season - like this:

i-dXLVSxC-M.png

I did some googling on the subject, and according to Kodi threads, the way this should work is that Kodi should use the info provided on thetvdb for "aired before" so that the episodes will show up only in the appropriate seasons, and inserted before the appropriate episode.  Apparently though, for any specials episode that doesn't include this info in the Kodi database, they'll be shown at the top of each seaon's list, just like what I'm seeing.

I look in the metadata manager and see that Emby has brought in the info - see here it should show these specials in season 3 before episode 1

i-nLVbjHM-L.png

So I suspect these fields are just not included in the data to be synced.  I did open up the Kodi database in a sqlite browser, but couldn't decipher the columns to figure out where the data should be so can't tell if that's truly the case.

• Like 1

puithove

I setup two different Kodi databases - one using the native library, and one using the synced Emby library.  I've found the columns that store the specials aired before data.  Take a look at c15 & c16 in the episodes table and episodeview view.  Looks like if it's not a special, they should be -1 (Emby leaves them at 0).  c15 = air before season, c16 = air before episode.

Looking at the rest of the data, it appears there are some other fields that the Emby addon isn't filling in as well - don't know if they're relevant or in any way important for any other functions, just making an observation.

Here is Emby (highlighted the same three episode examples I used above)

i-J2gzPhq-X2.png

And here is native library:

i-LPZn3VC-X2.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...