Emby for Kodi - Multiple User Issue

spoopers

spoopers

Ok so I have tried a few different versions of the addon now resetting my database each time, imports TV Shows but not Movies, also it seems to reimport everything on each log on which is a problem as I have multiple users. I have attached my log file below, I'm not sure if its a bug or whether I am doing something wrong. It looks like I have Python errors in the log though.

Thanks

Shane

http://goo.gl/Mid0bJ

Tolotos

Can confirm the error with Kodi profiles.  

I first configured the Kodi system for one of my Emby users without profiles. 

Next I created a profile with all values set from scratch. Emby4Kodi asks the user and password and starts sync. 

Short time later the same error as above in the attached log.

@Devs: Can you please look at this issue? Better parental control in Emby is one of reasons why I switched from Kodi with MySQL to Kodi with Emby. 

Currently I setup my systems to lowest profile which causes loud protests from the older ones.

Tolotos

Angelblue05

With the new version out (0.17) is it working or are you getting the same issue? Please test! :)  If there's a problem, please post your logs (see my signature if you need help).

Dezzorex

With the new version out (0.17) is it working or are you getting the same issue? Please test! :)  If there's a problem, please post your logs (see my signature if you need help).

Still not working with the new version. Sadly forgot to turn on logs before I did it... I reset my whole Kodi and will try again, and post logs to see if It can help.

Btw. Looks like it adds it to main profile, even though Im logged into another profile. I have 155 shows in one profile, and 154 in the second, and suddenly it showed 309 shows in Main Profile, none in the new profile. Also when I log out of the new profile, it suddenly logs into the main one automatically, even though Ive got login screen activated. Kinda feels like it doesn't want to let go of the Main profile.

Will post logs when its done with my library again, but takes some time, since there are so many shows XD

Edited by Dezzorex

saitoh183

@@xnappo or @ or @@im85288

So i just tested ver0.17

Running Emby server : 3.0.5572.0

Kodi: 14.2 Final

Under Masterprofile Scan took 1hr no errors and everything works. 

I then did the following:

- Create a new User

- set everything to be seperate

- Load new user

- Select Emby server and User account i want to use

- Scan starts but fails not to long after:

Log: http://pastebin.com/sWzpBd6r (Log is snippet right after i change user since Log also contained master profile Emby scan which made it too big to paste)

saitoh183

@@saitoh183 if you check your main profile, has it added anything extra (in my almost double)?

Yes your right! TV shows and Movies

5521a14b6e652_kodi_emby_scan.jpg

Edited by saitoh183

Angelblue05

This is fixed in Git now. Multi-users should be working with the next update. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 3

stueeey

This is fixed in Git now. Multi-users should be working with the next update. Thanks for your patience.

excellent news, shall test ASAP & report back. thanks for all your hard work ! 

Edited by stueeey

xnappo

Please post back when you confirm this is working so I can mark this complete.

tropicaljoe

I tried with the latest update .22 and still have issues with adding another profile.

Working fine with single profile

Added additional profile

Going into new profile prompts for emby parameters, server, port , user

exiting Kodi and getting back in, now gives emby script error in main profile and does not populate secondary profile

I have attached the log file

http://: http://xbmclogs.com/phcmdbqqu

stueeey

Please post back when you confirm this is working so I can mark this complete.

@@xnappo - everything seems to be working great so far, both master & 2nd profile running DB sync, with no crossover...  no issues to report. :) thank you

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I tried with the latest update .22 and still have issues with adding another profile.

Working fine with single profile

Added additional profile

Going into new profile prompts for emby parameters, server, port , user

exiting Kodi and getting back in, now gives emby script error in main profile and does not populate secondary profile

I have attached the log file

http://: http://xbmclogs.com/phcmdbqqu

Please see my signature on how to set your logs properly and repost (no need to turn on Kodi debug). Thanks :)

tropicaljoe

Using Emby Plugin version .22 on Kodi 14.2 using a Windows 7.1 Sp1 Machine

Everything was working and synching correctly, until I added an additional profile. Once the profile was added I was prompted for IP, Port, Username, etc. then restared Kodi, upon starting Kodi I recieved a emby script failed. Rebooted and went back to the main profile and still recieve a emby script error, and seems to synch some items and does not finish

I have attempted to use the reset function of the plugin, but still end up with the script error. I have attached my log file below for review, thanks so much in advance for the assistance, what a great plugin you have, I can now move fully over to Emby

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Using Emby Plugin version .22 on Kodi 14.2 using a Windows 7.1 Sp1 Machine

Everything was working and synching correctly, until I added an additional profile. Once the profile was added I was prompted for IP, Port, Username, etc. then restared Kodi, upon starting Kodi I recieved a emby script failed. Rebooted and went back to the main profile and still recieve a emby script error, and seems to synch some items and does not finish

I have attempted to use the reset function of the plugin, but still end up with the script error. I have attached my log file below for review, thanks so much in advance for the assistance, what a great plugin you have, I can now move fully over to Emby

Ok, can you start from scratch? If you have nothing else installed other than Emby, go to: %appdata%\Roaming\Kodi  and delete the whole userdata folder.

If you do have other things you've installed on Emby you'd rather not lose the settings for, go to %appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata and delete the following: Thumbnails and profile folders. In databases, delete myVideos90.db and textures13.db. In addon_data, erase the plugin.video.emby folder. Start up Kodi, let it run on your master profile, then create a second profile and see if it works correctly this time.

I'm thinking something was not reset properly.

tropicaljoe

I took your advice and started from scratch  ( small price to pay for this great addon!) and everything was working in both profiles, until I added a numeric password to the profile. Once I did this and restarted kodi, back to the emby script failure, I attached my log again for review. Maybe it does not like the password being there.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Why are you restarting Kodi? I'm just curious. The password shouldn't affect anything other than to identify you. Once you are authenticated, then the scan starts.

@@tropicaljoe Are you able to set your logs to debug instead? Capture the error and post back. The sync seems to get stuck for some reason. :( Also how big is your library?

Edited by Angelblue05

tropicaljoe

After doing a bit more research. I blew the entire kodi directory away and started from scratch.

This time, I setup a secondary profile first ( with no password ) added the emby plugin and both primary and secondary profiles synched without issue.

I then setup tried this again blowing away the kodi directory and setup a secondary profile first ( with password this time) added the emby plugin and got the script error right away, and it did not seem to synch

I have attached that log for your review

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Are you using the correct audio setting? Under Settings > Audio Output > Play around with the audio output device, restart Kodi in between changes. See if the problem goes away.

WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::GetSpace - buffer underrun

I seem to be experiencing the same issue as you apparently. null_pointer's post might very well explain it. (I do have TV Shows and it still fails, so I'm thinking it's a timing issue)

Edited by Angelblue05