Does the name change to Emby change where the server is installed?

kevinmd88

kevinmd88

Just wanted to know, since Media Browser 3 server has changed its name to Emby, if the install location is still:

%appdata% \ MediaBrowser-Server

Or if the path has changed to reflect the new name (e.g. Emby-Server or something)?

Thank you in advance. :)

kevinmd88

Realized after my posting here that I could just try it on any other computer and see where it goes.

For the record, it's still MediaBrowser-server

Thank you!

Long Live Emby

Not yet.  That is going to be one of the trickiest parts of the name change.

• Like 1

ginjaninja

@@ebr

perhaps, if there is going to be some upheavel anyway, its an opportunity to get the windows installation in a 'proper' program location and out of user data....?

@@ebr

perhaps, if there is going to be some upheavel anyway, its an opportunity to get the windows installation in a 'proper' program location and out of user data....?

We've been over this 100 times.  Moving anywhere else causes problems for automatic updates.  Not for everyone - but for enough people that it is a real problem.

However, we hope to make the install portable so that, if someone just has to move it (at their own risk) then they can.

ginjaninja

Ive coming in at tail end on conversation but why are automatic updates so important?..isnt..'there is an update available' with url to changelog..better anyways? . It seems odd that emby cant conform to the standard when other programs seem to manage ok. And if auto update is crucial I would have thought a helper service running with elevated privaledges targetted at embys services/processes/embys bespoke ntfs configured filesystem location/ could do what it needed.

not a programmer but i do know enough about windows archeture to investigate a solution..do u have the url to the topic which describes the impass..ill take a look if its of interest?

• 6 months later...
kevinmd88

[EDIT]

I just realized I posted this on the wrong (but similar) thread. Removing it here, and putting it in its rightful place

[/EDIT]

Edited by kevinmd88