Sort Order

user29

user29

Hi,

I think i must be missing something - but in most of my clients the sort order is in Alphabetical order, in this app this isnt the case i,e A isnt first

I have a pixar directory and toy story 3 is first

Any way i can change this to be alphabetical (i have looked in settings etc)

Thanks

user29

chessdragon136

Which view are you in (How did to get to the page with the bad sort order)

user29

Which view are you in (How did to get to the page with the bad sort order)

I use "Folders" so i went into one of my Folders as an example i have two

"New Releases" not sorted correctly

"James Bond" Sorted corrected (Alpha)

Cant work it out!

Ultroman

I tried this with the "New TV" feature. It listed my "Vikings"-show as having new content, and when I click on "Vikings" while under "New TV", it lists the episodes in "random" order...until I realized it made complete sense. The order is of course the order in which they have been added to Emby, which is completely random when you copy over many files at once. Could this be the same thing you are experiencing? Try adding a new file to the folder, do a scan for new files, and see if the new title ends up at the top/bottom of the list. If I go to "Media Folders" => "Series" => "Vikings" instead of going through "New TV", then the episodes are in the right order.

Edited by Ultroman

user29

This is weird - all the other clients sort correctly - this seems to be randon (i have a much smaller pixar directory and it sorts it wrong)

Any insight? (the web client has a sort option (i tried toggling this - to see - no difference)

What are other ppl experiencing?

• 4 months later...

i have an issue and it is only with one folder Anime my other 4 folders work great they are mapped as TV or Movies where the Anime is mapped as unset. on the web dashboard it shows correctly in emby windows media center it works on the device an older version it worked (don't remember the number it was .56x i think) but i am on .590 and not it does not work; the sorts is jumbled and i cant find a way to change it.