Help Emby Sync Evolve

Luke

dnicks

I started using the auto-organize feature of the server to make possible to replace my original file.  My original file is put in a completed folder, then moved by another program to the series folder it belongs to.  Once it is there, if it's not mp4, it is converted and all sync jobs are moved to one specific folder.  I set up the auto-organize section to watch that specific folder and to replace current episodes with the synced one.

bennymac

I'm looking forward to Onedrive being added.

Edited by bennymac
  • Like 3

gcoupe

As I said elsewhere: I don't use Google Drive (and have no wish to), because I use OneDrive. At the moment I manually sync my music collection with my Music folder on OneDrive - but it would be very useful if Emby or Plex would do this automatically for me.

• Like 1

amzawisz

Bulk sync Option, or sync all button.  

For those of use with Google Drive Edu accounts with unlimited storage (10TB) Uploading everything I have is not an issue but I have to go show by show, movie by movie pretty much.  Takes a long time.

Ability to have it automatically sync say 3 different qualities of video.

Maybe these are options I just haven't found yet. 

Bulk sync Option, or sync all button.  

For those of use with Google Drive Edu accounts with unlimited storage (10TB) Uploading everything I have is not an issue but I have to go show by show, movie by movie pretty much.  Takes a long time.

Ability to have it automatically sync say 3 different qualities of video.

Maybe these are options I just haven't found yet. 

Bulk folders yes by right clicking folders or tap holding when mobile.

the multiple qualities is not available right now but is something that can be considered

AmericanCrisis

I am a huge fan of sync so far and I've been using it to compare to my handbrake x264 re-encoded films.  I am wondering though how sync "settings" would correlate or compare to handbrake "settings"?  

I found myself really yearning for sync to work with my tablet this past week.  I did a little bit of flying and wanted to watch something via my emby server and was unable to without paying for wifi.  In any event, I decided that I would attempt a sync job while at my extended layover in the airport and would have that film for viewing once I got on the next flight.  This was a sad surprise to find out that I couldn't sync to my tablet (am I missing something?)... so I hurriedly attempted to set up google drive sync but ran out of time (it wasn't easy to do on the tablet anyway... waited until I got home).  

Google drive seems like a great tool so far.  I don't know when I would use it besides the above scenario I described though.  

thefirstofthe300

This was a sad surprise to find out that I couldn't sync to my tablet (am I missing something?)...

Currently only Windows 8.1 supports device syncing, so if you have an Android or iOS tablet, you will have to wait a bit longer before syncing is implemented. 

Mibok

There is a way to knowing the Google Account associated whit Sync? I created a new account to use only with Emby, now i forgot what was the name of the account. I can see the client ID and secret, but there is no way to find the google account name.

By the way, it seems that Cloud Sync is working for me now, previously it killed my internet with every try to upload, but with the last update i limited the upload speed to a level below the limit of my connection, and that apparently fixed the problem.

Edited by Mibok

There is a way to knowing the Google Account associated whit Sync? I created a new account to use only with Emby, now i forgot what was the name of the account. I can see the client ID and secret, but there is no way to find the google account name.

With the way google authentication works we don't get that information i'm afraid.

Mibok

I see, then i'll create another account then and this time i'll use the same account name for the Emby sync task. Thanks  :)

• 5 weeks later...
dethknite

I look forward to having additional device syncing support (ie. Android TV, FireTV Stick, Roku via attached USB hard drive, android phone, etc.)

Edited by dethknite
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
hooraah

Just recently started to get into sync, both cloud sync with google drive and device sync on my android phone.

One observation - I may be unobservant, but is there a way to specify when (such as wi-fi only)  items will be synced to devices (like an android phone?)  Its not a big deal for a device always hardwired, but for a phone which switches between wifi and 4G having it sync over a 4G connection can be killer especially if you have limited data.

In my early testings of sync I chose a TV episode to sync to my phone and after it had converted was at the status 'ready to transfer' for awhile.  I forgot about it and then a few hours later got a notice about high mobile data usage.  I have unlimited data so its not a big deal but I'm afraid someone less tech saavy is going to get themselves into trouble.

Second - I'm a little confused about bitrates and profiles.  When I can choose to sync a file, I can choose from 3 quality levels (high, med, low), but when I stream I can choose from a variety of resolutions and bitrates.  How does that work?  If I transcode a file using the high profile which lets say has a bitrate of around 8mbps, and I stream from my cloud storage, and then I choose 6mbps as the bitrate, does that mean the file has to be re-transcoded?

• Like 1

hooraah

I look forward to having additional device syncing support (ie. Android TV, FireTV Stick, Roku via attached USB hard drive, android phone, etc.)

I'd like to see the same.  I am not familiar with Roku, but I am interested in purchasing one (or possibly a different appliance).  Can you not sync the file directly to a roku at this time?

What about Android TV or FireTV?

CBers

I wonder if an option could be added to automatically sync new items to the required format, rather than having to do them manually.

• Like 1

Kent

I opened an FR on this but would like to mention it here as well:

Can you add the ability to only sync favorites for views like Next Up.  There are TV Shows in my Next Up that I want synced continuously after watching the last episode but not all of them, only the TV Shows I mark as Favorites.

hoxtonia
I am using both the one drive sync and google drive cloud sync plugins - would love to be able to run a scheduled task with both these running at the same time - so two upload streams.....

my upload stream to one drive averages at about 1061.00 KB/s

I have 10Mb upload speed at home

What speeds should I expect from onedrive/google drive/dropbox? I assume they throttle their end?

ressu

One thing I would love to see is an indicator in the synced items that there is a synced copy. And as a bonus the info about the synced item.

To clarify: I synced an episode to Google Drive. I would love to see the episode details right next to the normal episode.

In addition to being a data geek, it would give a visual indication on synced data.

• Like 5

defiance77

Could the folder sync be used in the opposite direction?

What I mean is i would like to be able to set it up to monitor a directory for incoming movies/tv shows and for new arrivals convert them into my predefined format (or maybe several formats) and move them into my library.

That way I could have a library of always pretranscoded media that is optimized for my needs.

• Like 2

Could the folder sync be used in the opposite direction?

What I mean is i would like to be able to set it up to monitor a directory for incoming movies/tv shows and for new arrivals convert them into my predefined format (or maybe several formats) and move them into my library.

That way I could have a library of always pretranscoded media that is optimized for my needs.

at the moment no but interesting idea. 

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

One thing I would love to see is an indicator in the synced items that there is a synced copy. And as a bonus the info about the synced item.

To clarify: I synced an episode to Google Drive. I would love to see the episode details right next to the normal episode.

In addition to being a data geek, it would give a visual indication on synced data.

I would like some sort of indicator on items which are synced, I was testing sync the other day and when browsing through web, roku and Win8 app, there was no indication that the item was available in the cloud. If possible also when you playback cloud synced media there be some way of knowing it is playing the cloud copy and not a local copy. In the server active devices you could overlay a cloud symbol on anything which is streaming from the cloud. It would be good if the client could also say this, like it currently says if it is direct or transcoded, it could also say if it is local or cloud.

• Like 2

hamstercat

What speeds should I expect from onedrive/google drive/dropbox? I assume they throttle their end?

During development of these plugins the speed I got for the three was slow at times, they do throttle. I found the fastest speed I got was with Google Drive and the slowest with OneDrive. Your experience will vary of course.

SilentAssassin

Can the cloud sync plugins detect how much space is available on the cloud drives? I would like to be able to pool my Google drive, OneDrive and dropbox into one sync location and the server just uploads to whichever has the free space needed and then moves onto the next available until all space is used up.

hoxtonia

A sync to all formats option would be great.....to create multiple formats of a file optimised for each of the emby apps perhaps with some overall quality option - high, low medium.....and then automatically uploaded.