Emby WMC is crashing after update

medric

medric

after upgrade to new Emby server WMC starting crashing i have updated the WMC app to the latest release and its crashing. firstly; After the new pic update it cause a crash when you go in to the show and it has to rebuild the tumbs it crashes and you have to load wmc back up and go in to the show and then you will see the season thumbs. Secondly if your watching a show it just crashes you reload wmc and the same show and it works. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but something is not quite right. This is a fresh install(just did it to see if that was the issue). i have uploaded the log files did not know which ones so i have multiple for a better view

Your logging level is set to Error which means I don't get really any useful information there.

However, if WMC/MB is actually crashing, we'll need to see the Windows Event Log error as well.  Thanks.

medric

okay i will switch logging but it seems to be crashing on icon/pic load when you try to get to the folders but also randomly crash playing video and it says windows states app has stop responding. but i will turn on proper logging when i get home.

p.s its gotten so bad we have reverted to using the built in wmc video player

Edited by medric

Hi @@medric, as said on another thread, I had a lot of crashes and hangs lately. Especially when entering a folder with a lot of items (such as TV folders).

On my case, I solved every one of them by uninstalling Avast (installed MSE instead), and cleared all cache on Emby for WMC.

Do you have an anti-virus on your server?

• 2 weeks later...
bxsteez

I've been through a long rollercoaster with MBC/EMBY crashing on my pcs in the house.  I've had issues where it would take 30 mins to load the application and that turned out to be the actual server.  I'm still having crashes("Invalid Application") when loading something with a lot of content.  When I reopen the application the metadata pulled is completely wrong.  

I dunno if we have the same issue but removing anti-virus or at least turning it off to test to see if that is your issue.  Try the firewall too.  There are definitely loading issues with MBC/EMBY and it never seems to be fixed but it always gets better but those are the breaks. 

user29

Hi @@medric, as said on another thread, I had a lot of crashes and hangs lately. Especially when entering a folder with a lot of items (such as TV folders).

On my case, I solved every one of them by uninstalling Avast (installed MSE instead), and cleared all cache on Emby for WMC.

Do you have an anti-virus on your server?

How do you clear the cache?

How do you clear the cache?

The only thing cached is images so that wouldn't really affect this type of thing.  It was the anti-virus that was messing with the network streams in his case.

user29

Ok,  today mine has started to come up with "media browser has stoppd working errors" (I havebt seen this since the old MB2 days)

when i enter a folder - there is nothing there and it starts to populate it, if i wait a while it seems to be ok....not sure what caused it.

I am the latest server and latest client.

You mean "stopped responding"?  If something has the UI thread locked and you try to navigate with the remote, WMC will kick in after a few seconds with that message.  If it is just a long process, then you can hit cancel and wait and everything will be okay once it responds.

To know what is taking so long, I'd need to see a log.

Also, "latest" doesn't mean anything... :).

moviefan

Emby for WMC has been very slow and unstable for me ever since the change to the image processor.

It often crashes and kicks me out to Windows, or just completely hangs, or is very very very slow.

It often takes me three reboots to play a single video now.  Very frustrating.  I'll work on collecting some logs and posting them if helpful.  But I have to think that some others are seeing this same issue.

Emby for WMC has been very slow and unstable for me ever since the change to the image processor.

It often crashes and kicks me out to Windows, or just completely hangs, or is very very very slow.

It often takes me three reboots to play a single video now.  Very frustrating.  I'll work on collecting some logs and posting them if helpful.  But I have to think that some others are seeing this same issue.

Hi, I had similar issues as I documented in this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20614-frequent-crasheshangups-with-latest-264-wmc-client/

I just wanted to highlight it, as I think others are seeing major issues similar to mine. In my situation reverting from 264 back to 262 basically fixed everything. I hope Ebr has a chance to take a look (and sorry if I'm cross posting) but I wanted to just highlight the issues.