Chromecast Language Selection

Faba

Hy,

First I'm sorry if this is not the right forum for Chromecast related problems.

I'm a long time Plex user and have been playing around with Emby for some time now. When I play a video with multiple audio Tracks (mostly German / English), the preferred language setting (English) is ignored. In this case the video is sent to the Chromecast with german audio. I tried it with the android and the webclient and the two latest ubuntu server versions. Just wanted to know if this is a known issue or not. And if so I can provied more detailed informations about it.

Thanks

Faba

if you configure your user profile preferences then those defaults will be applied when the video starts. changing tracks on the fly with chromecast is something we haven't implemented yet but are working on.

I am not talking about changing the language on the fly. English is setup to be the preferred language but Videos start in German when played on the Chromecast. Its in english in the webclient or the android app. 

They are marked as english and german. I only have the issue when send to the Chromecast, other clients work as expected.

well chromecast is soon going to be updated to use the same stream building functions as the other apps. so if it's working in the other apps it will soon work the same way in chromecast.