Emby for Kodi - Excessive CPU/Constant Syncing

KRA

xnappo

@ is looking into it.  We have code now that he developed so we should not need to do the sync in the loop, but with this beta we opted to keep the loop in since the event-based syncing isn't fully proven out.

xnappo

Can I ask what this code does, because I toggled and episode watched on web gui 30 minutes ago, and it's still not in Kodi.

xnappo

Nice - that makes sense.

The queries/sync causing it didn't add up since the old addon did a similar refresh loop for the background data.

@ @@xnappo

The new version 0.12 is step in right direction, but did not fix issue.

0.12 default gives me about the same effect as I got when I set

xbmc.sleep(100000) on version 0.10 I needed another 0 to make it idle like normal.

so in 0.12 I change value to xbmc.sleep(100000) and it idle like normal.

I'm going to reset my NUC/Openelec box and do a complete clean install.

Edited by KRA

@

I did not.

But I finished reinstalling clean openelec and plugin, nothing else. My findings are confusing.

So now what I see is when opening meda menu (series or movies) it will work hard, but then usually idle fine with low cpu freq and %

However now, when I'm at main menu, it's working at full freq again, as soon as I enter series or movies it drops to idle again.

EDIT: I'm tailing a debug log and I see nothing happening when I exit to main menu (other than keypress)

I've turned on sync indicator on finnish, and cpu raise quite a log on sync, but drops to idle when finnish. (unless I stay on main menu)

Edited by KRA

I have notification on, and tailing a kodi debug log, according to log nothing happens when I go to main menu, but the cpu go bonkers, when I go into series or movies view the cpu drops to idle, but nothing in the log, back to main menu, still nothing in log, cpu freq go bonkers again.

Sorry for wasting your time

new findings: it was very odd that previously the cpu would idle on main menu but not in series/movies view. And now it was the other way around.

So I finally notice, when I go into serier/movies menu the framerate drops from 50 to 25-30, as does the cpu freq. Back to main menu the framerate is up to 50 again and so the cpu freq raise aswell. So I turned off the RSS ticker and now it keep the framerate at 25-30 also on the main menu and the cpu freq stays on idle.

So ofcourse this issue I was seeing was completely unrelated to the plugin, and I think it's fairly safe to conclude that the issue was resolved with version 0.12

• Like 1