Export Server Reports

wiretap

wiretap

Does anyone know of a way to export the Reports from the server's web report page? Either to Excel, CSV, or PDF? It would also be nice if we could filter the reports by media folder, if possible. Right now it only appears to filter by categories which lumps a lot of my other videos in with movies and TV shows that don't belong in the reports.

I believe this would be a useful feature for those of us who want to do inventory management and easily compare dupes / missing media from various folders and collections, or to do backup/sync management.

Thanks!

Deathsquirrel

For now it's copy, paste to excel, save as csv, open in excel.  An export tool is a great idea.

wiretap

Ok thanks. Right now I'm using a temporary work-around, but it only copies the folder names.

CTRL + A to select all of the folders within Explorer at your root media directory.. then do SHIFT + Right Click and select "Copy As Path".. then paste into Excel.

An export tool would be awesome so we could capture all the media info that the report gathers as well.

Edited by wiretap

• 1 month later...
moviemadnessman

Semi dead bump: Just wondering if there has been any update to the development status of this?  I realize it probably isn't a huge priority, but I know it went from something that was going to get done last year to just something that you guys would like to do this year ... and since I can't get the report view to show more than 200 items at a time, and with almost 3500 movies alone in multiple locations, it would be nice to be able to just click something to get a complete list rather than having to copy/paste in groups of 200 ... especially since I'd have to do that any time I added files, which happens quite frequently.

Also, on a related note but something that would be helpful even with the present reporting system, is there any way to get a report of files based on originating location and filename?  See edited screenshot below [request is shown in green text; info just as examples]:

556511314a3b3_mby_20150526.jpg

With that information, I could sort and not only see which folders contain which movies (like if I wanted to get a better copy of a movie because there was data corruption or because it is fullscreen and I want widescreen, etc), but I could also see which movies need their metadata corrected (like if Emby thinks that it knows a movie and it is wrong, I don't know unless I either see it happen, or start playing it and realizing it is incorrect).  I realize with correct naming conventions that this does not always happen, but every now and then something slips through even with a perfect system (it happened when I did the original and the remake of the Karate Kid, it grabbed the new info for both even though the old one had the year listed at the end of the file name).

Edited by moviemadnessman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
moviemadnessman

Thank you.

This feature (exporting the reports, not adding the location of the files) seems to have snuck into one of the recent builds in the 3 weeks since posted, and it is much appreciated!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Edited by moviemadnessman

hifiaudio2

When I export a report to Excel the resulting file says it cannot be read in anything I try... an excel reader, Google docs, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Scott84Z28

When I export a report to Excel the resulting file says it cannot be read in anything I try... an excel reader, Google docs, etc. What am I doing wrong?

What's the file extension?

FrostByte

I get this error when trying to open using Excel 2013.  However, if I click Yes to open it anyway it seems to look good

5582ed0b6f6bf_error.jpg

• Like 1

moviemadnessman

As frostbyte said, click Ok, and it will still open.  It won't show status images in the resulting file, but it will show everything else.  And the list is complete, not just the 60-500 items that your view is set to.  Then you can save it from there.

hifiaudio2

I got a different error, and no option to just say OK.  I will go export a new one and see what it said. 

moviemadnessman

Post screenshots as well...like I said, it obviously only just got added within the past 3 weeks, so it's possible that there's bugs along the line.

• 1 month later...
shorty1483

What would be really nice is the integration of the file path into the export list. Also (just for the Reports view) an increase of the number of shown titles on one page would be nice so that someone can export his whole collection for example into one xls or csv file without copy/paste.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
moviemadnessman

What would be really nice is the integration of the file path into the export list.  Agreed and suggested. Also (just for the Reports view) an increase of the number of shown titles on one page would be nice so that someone can export his whole collection for example into one xls or csv file without copy/paste.

In regards to exporting the whole list, it already does that when you click to export.  Though you can only view up to 500 items at a time, if you click to export to, say, excel, Emby will export all the items in the current search parameters (so if you have 1250 movies, viewing the report for list view: movies with no filters on, you will only see 100-500 items ... but when you export it, the xls file will have all 1250 items in it.

Sorry there was no reply sooner, did not get notified of a new post.  Hope this helps, if not, please provide more information with what you are doing, because as mentioned, the functionality that you have requested is already in the latest official server build.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

In regards to exporting the whole list, it already does that when you click to export.  Though you can only view up to 500 items at a time, if you click to export to, say, excel, Emby will export all the items in the current search parameters (so if you have 1250 movies, viewing the report for list view: movies with no filters on, you will only see 100-500 items ... but when you export it, the xls file will have all 1250 items in it.

Can you confirm this still works this way? I have in the past been able to export my whole library, but now what ever limit is shown on the screen that is all it will export to excel or csv, so the max I can export seems to be 500.

Happy2Play

Can you confirm this still works this way? I have in the past been able to export my whole library, but now what ever limit is shown on the screen that is all it will export to excel or csv, so the max I can export seems to be 500.

That is what I am see.  Report only exports whatever Item limit is set to.

Version 3.0.5724.5

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi,

For now you can export all your reports data if you choose the statistics options.

would you have some advice to improve the reports section?

Cheers

Happy2Play

Hi,

For now you can export all your reports data if you choose the statistics options.

Cheers

I still only get 500 lines in statistics.

Version 3.0.5724.5

Version 3.0.5724.5

I am seeing the same result. I know it did work fine before, I have the report. I just can't get another full listing.

Hi,

Cheers

What I would find very handy when selecting Episodes, is if it also listed the Episode number. (I find that easier to work with than the name)

• 2 weeks later...
moviemadnessman

That is what I am see.  Report only exports whatever Item limit is set to.

Version 3.0.5724.5

As of 3.0.5724.6, it only shows however many are selected in the report window (up to 500).  Seems something broke between my post on August 22nd and a month later on September 22nd.

Version 3.0.5724.5

The statistics window also only shows results based on the selection of the main filters, but curiously, because it only goes off of the list that it can see in the filter (with no way to do the whole list), even the information in the statistics is way off.  Using my reports as an example, it shows that my number 1 genre is Thriller with 165 movies, but I know according to my Roku that my top category is actually Horror with over 800.  I'm not sure what changed regarding the reports menu between the above dates, but it seems that while it fixed the issue of statistics showing nothing (and added an activities log, which is currently unsortable), it broke the export.

Also, just to reiterate in terms of suggestions, having TV season/episode number, as well as the option for the address for the movie or files (F:/Family Movies/Casper.mkv as an example) would be very nice.  It would also be nice if there was some way for the report to indicate if the file still exists or has been removed/changed since the report was last run, as this could be used to replace files that were either damaged, deleted, or lost if a hard drive failed.  I imagine that it would need to involve storing the report with all the info in the program location, then comparing and updating this file as changes are made (added subtitles, etc), and making entries that are no longer valid (moved/renamed files).  The more files it would have to check would increase the time, but maybe have that be a toggle option so that not everyone would need to wait on the comparison to be done if they don't want it to be, or have it as a scheduled task or something.

These are my thoughts, Mx3 out.

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play

If you really want a report with all your movies you can edit the "Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts\reports.js" (limit) to your size of your media.  Note it will get reset with every release and the more files it would have to check would increase the time.  Personally I changed the limit ran the report, then changed it back.

565e496a198c1_report.jpg

• 3 months later...
kingy444

If you really want a report with all your movies you can edit the "Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts\reports.js" (limit) to your size of your media.  Note it will get reset with every release and the more files it would have to check would increase the time.  Personally I changed the limit ran the report, then changed it back.

565e496a198c1_report.jpg

Currently running latest beta build (3.0.5906.0)

Appears that the icon with 3 dots (ellipsis?) in the picture above is no longer present. so I cannot filter or export reports. Has anyone else noticed this?

I also agree with point from  in that exporting should export all not just the current view

Happy2Play

Yes it appears menu options are missing from Reports in beta (5906) and dev.