Resume inoperative

AmericanCrisis
Go to solution Solved by AmericanCrisis,

AmericanCrisis

I'm using WMC with MPC-HC as an external player.  All my media is MKV rips (not ISO).  It seems that "most" of my movies don't have the resume option after I press "stop" and the movie backs out to the mediabrowser screen.  Basically if I press "stop" then I have to start the movie all over again.  

I'm not sure if this is related (I have to do more troubleshooting) but last night I was watching a movie and I pressed stop... came back about 10 minutes later and noticed that there was no resume and that the movie had a red check mark on it (showing that it was completed?) but I had only watched about 1/4 of the movie.  

I went into the settings for MBC and unchecked all the boxes under "indicators".  This did not get rid of the red check mark.  How do I get rid of the red check mark (thinking that it will allow resume once I do).  

Sounds like you don't have the external player configured properly.  Hiding the indicators won't change the status of the items.

Make sure you are using the proper type of external player (MPC-HC) in the configurator and make sure you have enabled the web interface in MPC-HC itself.  Finally, make sure your firewall isn't blocking that interface.

• Like 1

AmericanCrisis

Ok thanks for the reply.  MPC-HC is the external player that I'm using and it has seemed to work great thus far.  How do I enable the web interface in MPC-HC?

whitman27

I'm using WMC with MPC-HC as an external player. All my media is MKV rips (not ISO). It seems that "most" of my movies don't have the resume option after I press "stop" and the movie backs out to the mediabrowser screen. Basically if I press "stop" then I have to start the movie all over again.

I'm not sure if this is related (I have to do more troubleshooting) but last night I was watching a movie and I pressed stop... came back about 10 minutes later and noticed that there was no resume and that the movie had a red check mark on it (showing that it was completed?) but I had only watched about 1/4 of the movie.

I went into the settings for MBC and unchecked all the boxes under "indicators". This did not get rid of the red check mark. How do I get rid of the red check mark (thinking that it will allow resume once I do).

I have the same issue, using MPC-HC as my external playing in Emby Theater. All my files are mkv's and if I watch something for 5 seconds or 2 hours it marks it as watched.

Wish I could figure it out.

Whit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
AmericanCrisis

Ok I figured out how to get it to "resume".

I went to MPC-HC options and clicked on "web interface" on the left under player.  I checked the box "listen on port" and 13579 was already in the box to the right of it.  That seemed to work (but I also checked windows firewall to allow MPC-HC... there were two there under firewall and only one was checked).

• Like 1

I have the same issue, using MPC-HC as my external playing in Emby Theater. All my files are mkv's and if I watch something for 5 seconds or 2 hours it marks it as watched.

Wish I could figure it out.

Whit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I figured out how to get it to "resume".

I went to MPC-HC options and clicked on "web interface" on the left under player.  I checked the box "listen on port" and 13579 was already in the box to the right of it.  That seemed to work (but I also checked windows firewall to allow MPC-HC... there were two there under firewall and only one was checked).