Name Scheme. Affecting Movie search.

monkeyslapper
Go to solution Solved by Koleckai Silvestri,

monkeyslapper

Wondering if the search engine can be fine tuned on the way it searches for movies. In general it works great. for myself the naming I like to use... /title (year)/title (year).ext for my names. When EMBY (mediabrowser server) uses this type of naming, the browser is unable to find the movie at all. I would have to go into the editor and remove the year from the title and search again.

monkeyslapper

post-26158-0-66552900-1427721772_thumb.jpg

Koleckai Silvestri

I think it is because the title is so long. Just remove the year from the title string in the window above and click Identify at the bottom. It should find it then.

I use the same naming scheme and my movies are found with near 100% accuracy. It is even one of the recommended ways to name movies.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1

monkeyslapper

I think it is because the title is so long. Just remove the year from the title string in the window above and click Identify at the bottom. It should find it then.

I use the same naming scheme and my movies are found with near 100% accuracy. It is even one of the recommended ways to name movies.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

Thanks for the info... But I don't think its the name is too long. When you remove the year date it will find the movie. Another example i can give you is using /starwars (1977)/starwars (1977).ext and still have the same problem. Its the matter how the engine accepts the file name. I was just hoping that there was a way that i can tell the search engine not to include the year with the file name, and for me to keep the name scheme. so when its doing its search it doesnt get confused and wait for me to correct something that not really needed... if that make sense...

Thanks

Monkeyslapper   

• Solution
Koleckai Silvestri

Thanks for the info... But I don't think its the name is too long. When you remove the year date it will find the movie. Another example i can give you is using /starwars (1977)/starwars (1977).ext and still have the same problem. Its the matter how the engine accepts the file name. I was just hoping that there was a way that i can tell the search engine not to include the year with the file name, and for me to keep the name scheme. so when its doing its search it doesnt get confused and wait for me to correct something that not really needed... if that make sense...

Thanks

Monkeyslapper

I built a directory with a stub and the server identified if for me. I use TMDB over The Open Movie Database though. Might try switching and if that doesn't work, then you'll probably need logs.
  • Like 1

monkeyslapper

I built a directory with a stub and the server identified if for me. I use TMDB over The Open Movie Database though. Might try switching and if that doesn't work, then you'll probably need logs.

Yeah that did the trick! using the TMDB. Thanks. 

Koleckai Silvestri

Also want to say Star Wars is two words so if you add a space, it should find it. May be that the API could be relaxed a bit but that would be something to bring up with the metadata providers.