Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

I'm still getting the "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?" when trying to open videos from my remote server. Was this in one of the releases since yesterday, or still a WIP? (I'm on the latest from the repo)

If so, no worries. I'm patient. This is an awesome addon. :)

Edited by Sek0n

mata7

I'm still getting the "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?" when trying to open videos from my remote server. Was this in one of the releases since yesterday, or still a WIP? (I'm on the latest from the repo)

If so, no worries. I'm patient. This is an awesome addon. :)

i got same message on openelec last version , play fine from the web player so i know the file is there

Edited by mata7

MSattler

Anything going on with the repository?  Trying to install 0.0.12 on a fresh Kodi install, it says downloading then stops, never downloads Sync.

Angelblue05

The version was just uploaded. It takes about 30 minutes for it to show up sometimes. Just have to wait (I'm waiting too...) hehe

Edit: This is taking a long time it seems, @@xnappo am I correct to assume it's on the way, or did it fail to update? :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

MSattler

The version was just uploaded. It takes about 30 minutes for it to show up sometimes. Just have to wait (I'm waiting too...) hehe

Ok, was starting to wonder lol.

xnappo

Repo should be fixed soon.  0.0.12 should help with CPU usage. (thanks to @null_pointer)

• Like 1

When using unmodded with the old plugin, there is 'In progress TV shows' which is equivalent to 'Next up' in the server. In this version I cannot find that short cut anywhere. Is it there or is there something I am missing?

StealthDefender

Installed the addon now on my primary home entertainment system running newest openelec version.

All goes well, first syncing took abot 2 hours on my i3 nuc!

Seems all functions are on the go and looks allright.

Only one thing i cant´t explain is that all episode thumbs are false! It looks like kodi extract them from the video file as ascreenshot?!?

The thumbs on the emby server are identical with the ones on tmdb.

Is it possible that the thumbs load in a while in the background or i am mess with an setting? :lol:

In the end i will congrat to this wonderful peace of work, go on guys!!!! ;)

Greetz Stealth

im85288

When using unmodded with the old plugin, there is 'In progress TV shows' which is equivalent to 'Next up' in the server. In this version I cannot find that short cut anywhere. Is it there or is there something I am missing?

It uses the native Kodi "Ongoing Episodes" which is skin dependant. In Arctic Zephyr this can be found (and selected) at the top of the screen:

JHyC1t1.png

1080XF has it in the Home screen as rotating posters...

So it depends on your skin, but I'm sure it's there somewhere

xnappo

I am locking this thread.  @@im85288 feel free to unlock for announcements.

Again, please start new threads with problems.  Prefix with 'Emby for Kodi' and follow instructions in the pinned 'How to report a problem.'

Edited by xnappo

im85288

Version 0.0.13 is now available, this version reduces the initial sync time for new installs but provides no additional changes for current users. 

im85288

Version 0.0.14 is now available with some HUGE speed improvements with the initial sync time.

xnappo

Yea! Repo actually updated to 0.0.15!  New version has much, much, much faster initial import - plus support for TV collections!

Not exactly sure if the TV show collections will require a fresh clean.. Try any let us know.  It will take 10 minutes or so to make the tags.

Please remember - this is very very beta (probably alpha) so if thing go amiss... sorry!

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

xnappo

0.0.16 had been released - and it is actually in the repo :)

- More speedups!

- Fixed TV tags

- If you don't specify the type of a collection, we now assume it is movies (but you should specify..)

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

im85288

Version 0.0.21 has been released

- Now can use the "Easy Pin" option on local networks for signing in thanks to @@Angelblue05

- For those who like to binge watch series I added an option to "AutoPlay" the remaining episodes in a Season. This works with the "Ongoing Episodes/Next UP" widgets found on many home screens and attempts to sort of emulate the way it is done with Netflix. If you have enabled the option in the settings after playback has ended a dialog will popup asking if you want to carry on watching the remaining episodes...this dialog will auto time out after 10 seconds and if nothing is done proceeds to add the remaining episodes to a playlist which is then played. 

JWKxNmw.png

AKAAFKE.png

• Like 6

marcelveldt

version 0.0.22 has been released to the beta repo

• added support for Kodi Isengard
  • fixed ratings for all media types
  • fixed episode thumbnails
  • some code cleanup and small typos fixed
  • Multiple profiles/users now working. You can setup each Kodi profile with a different Emby user.
Edited by marcelveldt

im85288

Version 0.0.23 is now in the beta repo.

With this version I changed the AutoPlay function a little bit.

What it now does is popup in the last 20 seconds of play and gives the option to cancel viewing the next episode. This repeats at the end of each episode rather than how it was before where it added the full list of remaining episodes to play.

This version also adds back the 'play from HTTP' option.  In a clean build it will ask you if you want to play from HTTP.  Otherwise change it in settings and your database will slowly change over to point to the HTTP path.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

xnappo

All - I have released version 0.0.24 - should be on the repo soon.

This version has a major change: at startup, a full sync is performed, however after that ALL syncing is done using websocket messages from the server.  This results in much faster updating, and way less CPU use.

HOWEVER - please report any data inconsistencies with logfiles.  In the log you should see the web socket events like this:

12:56:20 T:6984  NOTICE: emby WebSocketThread -> Message : {"MessageType":"LibraryChanged","Data":{"FoldersAddedTo":[],"FoldersRemovedFrom":["089c825b779f76546715052209621600"],"ItemsAdded":[],"ItemsRemoved":["f6d8feb1b61e24dd89e2d0ba96aa6fd9"],"ItemsUpdated":[]}}
12:56:20 T:6984  NOTICE: emby WebSocketThread -> Message : Doing LibraryChanged : Items Removed : [u'f6d8feb1b61e24dd89e2d0ba96aa6fd9']
12:56:20 T:5312  NOTICE: onNotification:VideoLibrary.OnRemove:xbmc:{"id":1103,"type":"episode"} 

Note: Right now only episode delete messages from the server are supported.  If you remove a movie or show using another client, that change will only be reflected on restart.

ALSO - there is a big change to the "plot" support - so the first time you run it is going to take a while to get the plots all fixed up.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Small update - version 0.0.25 is in the repo.

What's new:

• Fixed the option to reset your database, it should now work on every platform. You will be offered with the option to delete your database, followed by the option to erase your saved user information. Yay!
  • HTTPS is now fully implemented. (custom certificate not yet accepted - server self signed should work)
  • Custom settings for transcoding are now added in the add-on settings.
  • Fixed Kodi "hanging" when shutting down.

Please test and report back if there's a problem! If you need help, see How to report a problem in my signature! Thanks all :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 3

xnappo

Version 0.0.28 released:

• Fix updates during playback
  • Fix issues with deletes
  • Images fixes
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Version 0.0.30 released:

• New download system implemented - hopefully this will make the syncing process less lengthy.
  • Special character fix for Emby username.

Test and report back if there's an issue! There's an off chance you might need to start from scratch, but hopefully it won't be necessary. :)

Edit: Ok, the dependency should install with the addon now. Just retry reinstalling the beta repo version.

Edited by Angelblue05