Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

JDizzy

Updating went without problems - lost my sets though?

Using openelec 5.0.8 and Mediabrowser Titan skin

I will update to 0.0.10 and see how that goes.

BTW - best thing since sliced bread!

SwanStream

However it may not work correctly on Windows clients. 

I assume that if after the reset, if I get an "OK" it worked... though I am on windows. Is there a specific error that would indicate we need to delete the db manually?

im85288

I assume that if after the reset, if I get an "OK" it worked... though I am on windows. Is there a specific error that would indicate we need to delete the db manually?

Yes if it says ok then things have worked correctly, it seems to be a bit hit and miss on windows but works every time on OpenELEC and OS X

StealthDefender

Wohoo, great news guys! On weekend i transform my openelec from the old plugin to the new and hope it works also that great like on my win machine.

And by the way arctic zephir also rocks!!!! :)

Greetz Stealth

• Like 1

JDizzy

Did you turn it back on in settings?

Updated to 0.0.10

Yes, I checked that first. You are talking about the Settings>Videos>Group movies in sets

Right?!

If so, yes, it was still enabled after the update but all movies that were in sets are now mixed in with the rest of the movies.

I turned it off, then on again, rebooted...still no sets

All was working in very first beta you came out with... if no one else having this issue I can dump everything and start from scratch (although I prefer not to) 

Edited by JDizzy

im85288

Updated to 0.0.10

Yes, I checked that first. You are talking about the Settings>Videos>Group movies in sets

Right?!

If so, yes, it was still enabled after the update but all movies that were in sets are now mixed in with the rest of the movies.

I turned it off, then on again, rebooted...still no sets

All was working in very first beta you came out with... if no one else having this issue I can dump everything and start from scratch (although I prefer not to)

No, go into the addon settings, under sync options, and turn it on there. Then give it about 15 minutes and it should be fine. The option is there due to some people preferring not to have their media showing as sets....but seeing that option you shown we may need to rethink that strategy and have it on by default. Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

JDizzy

Ok, checked the addon setting and it was, in fact, turned off.

And I was going to mentioned that on initial sync (with first beta), I saw it sync movie sets.

I did notice that starting with 0.0.9 it didn't automatically sync them.

Got to run but will check it in a while.

Thanks!

SwanStream

So after update to 0.0.10 should the whole "sha-zamm" discovery of TV/Movies happen all over again? I got the OK after install of the new version, but even after a restart there was no "updating/finding" of TV/Movies and everything was still there from befo.

im85288

So after update to 0.0.10 should the whole "sha-zamm" discovery of TV/Movies happen all over again? I got the OK after install of the new version, but even after a restart there was no "updating/finding" of TV/Movies and everything was still there from befo.

Yes it needs a complete fresh install, if you follow the manual reset instructions I provided you can be sure it did actually delete everything..or switch to Openelec :)

SwanStream

Yes it needs a complete fresh install, if you follow the manual reset instructions I provided you can be sure it did actually delete everything..or switch to Openelec :)

I followed the instructions, did the reset, got the OK, it said it would now restart, but didn't. I tried to restart, it locked up, I had to kill the app. Next I deleted the database file, and the directory listed in the first post. started Kodi, it found the server, selected the user, it started to scan, and within a second or two got a emby script error message quickly in the corner then nothing. Tried a restart again, it locked up, I killed the app, rebooted the pc and started kodi where I get the script error message again. This process was repeatable so I removed the add-on, wiped it's data, installed and turned on debug, went through the same steps.

Here's the log. Last few lines clearly show an error. Let me know if I can provide any more info. In the meantime looks like I'm DOA....

kodi.log

nekromantik

Im running OpenELEC latest version and installed emby add on. Put in my server details and it did not give any errors.

However nothing shows up in the skin under movies or tv shows and when you choose add on browser and choose emby it keeps showing config. Cant even browse folders.

Nothing has changed on my Windows Emby server.

Kodi log says:

GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?content_type=video
Edited by nekromantik

xnappo

@ It looks like the same error as I had. Please look into my thread for the possible solution.

Yes - same problem.  We will push a fix for this shortly, but easy to patch yourself.

xnappo

Im running OpenELEC latest version and installed emby add on. Put in my server details and it did not give any errors.

However nothing shows up in the skin under movies or tv shows and when you choose add on browser and choose emby it keeps showing config. Cant even browse folders.

Nothing has changed on my Windows Emby server.

Kodi log says:

GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?content_type=video

Did you maybe forget to change your skin out of 'MediaBrowser' mode?  This addon works very differently from the old one.

• Like 1

nekromantik

Did you maybe forget to change your skin out of 'MediaBrowser' mode?  This addon works very differently from the old one.

Thanks!

SwanStream

@ It looks like the same error as I had. Please look into my thread for the possible solution.

Thanks Tolotos! that fixed it. Damn umlaut! ;)

• Like 1

im85288

Version 0.0.11 is released with the above mentioned fix. 

Anyone who was not effected need not worry or do anything with this updated version.

Tolotos

@@im85288 Thank you!

It's near midnight here and I'm really need some sleep. I worked the last nights on my TVHeadend plugin for Emby.

I like to find 0.0.12 tomorrow morning fixing the CPU stuff ;-) 

Good N8 Tolotos

• Like 2

im85288

Awesome..can't wait to use your TVHeadend plugin for Emby, been waiting forever for that...if I can help in anyway just let me know :)

JDizzy

No, go into the addon settings, under sync options, and turn it on there. Then give it about 15 minutes and it should be fine. The option is there due to some people preferring not to have their media showing as sets....but seeing that option you shown we may need to rethink that strategy and have it on by default.

Thanks! Movie sets now working.

It would make sense to have sets sync by default. If you have none, it will just pass it by and I'm guessing, nothing harmed.

And, I'm guessing again, that if you have sets disabled through Kodi Setting>videos> that they will not show up even if they are synced......

I also noticed the 'flashing' seems to be gone as it updates after watching a movie.

Lastly, I was running 0.0.9 and when I did the reset to use 0.0.10, it asked if I wanted to delete database. When I answered Yes, I got a quick red colored script error in upper left corner of screen and Kodi seemed to lockup. I rebooted, it found the server and went through the login. After that, it synced all my data without problems. So it looks like I can pass on 0.0.11 fix for the moment.

Again, running Openelec 5.0.8

And THANKS again!

Edited by JDizzy

riffy

Did the other video sources disappear in this build? As in only Movies, TV Shows & Music Videos only show up now. Any other custom ones are gone. Can't seem to find them this time.

Syncing seems to work now for me. Makes a fire tv stick actually usable now. :-)