Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

spoopers

Anyone else having problems getting media imported?

I can import TV Shows ok, I wipe the ViedoDB and do a clean install with no sources set up in Kodi and all my shows import and sync with Emby but then it stops it doesn't add my Movie library, the mediaborwser_movies source is in the files section but it is empty.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Shane

Edited by shaneypoopers

StealthDefender

Anyone else having problems getting media imported?

I can import TV Shows ok, I wipe the ViedoDB and do a clean install with no sources set up in Kodi and all my shows are there but then it stops it doesn't add my Movie library.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Shane

Restart kodi then the movie scan beginns automatic! I took also a while to import movie sets, fanarts and extra arts like logos and something!

Give it a try ;)

Greetz Stealth

spoopers

Restart kodi then the movie scan beginns automatic! I took also a while to import movie sets, fanarts and extra arts like logos and something!

Give it a try ;)

Greetz Stealth

Yes I have tried restarting several times without success. It imports the TV Shows on startup but no movies.

saitoh183

I have not tried it.

@@Angelblue05 - have you?

Triyng this right now...will post back in a few when the initial scan is completed. 

The first observation i have is that i created a second kodi profile with the settings to keep everything separate because i assume the data scan by the addon must contain User specific info within the imported data.

Secondly when i switched to that profile, the addon prompted that it found the server and showed the choice of user for a split second and then went straight to the config page requesting that i enter the info manually (server/username)...i dont know if this is suppose to happen when you choose a new kodi profile for the first time.

So i filled out the info restarted kodi twice and now it is scanning in the data.

@@xnappo

Well after the scan finished the TV show section was empty, The Movies didnt scan in (even after multiple restarts but when restarted it says Added movies 41). The file sections shows Tvshows and musicvideos. Content of tvshows plays via files. I will do the new profile again but with the Log set to Debug for Emby.

551d905d87c1c_emby.jpg

im85288

Give it a try ;)

Greetz Stealth

Movie sets need to be set as an option in the settings and yes will take some time after the initial scan to complete. All other artwork is added during the initial first scan.

Yes I have tried restarting several times without success. It imports the TV Shows on startup but no movies.

Please post a log file as described in the first post. Or alternatively wait a bit as we will have a new version out soon with some fixes included.

Does it work on sql database?

If you mean MySQL then no and there is no real intention to get it working that way. This addon takes care of keeping all Kodi librarys synchronised with Emby therefore eliminating the main use case of a shared MySQL database.

• Like 2

saitoh183

I have not tried it.

@@Angelblue05 - have you?

Triyng this right now...will post back in a few when the initial scan is completed. 

The first observation i have is that i created a second kodi profile with the settings to keep everything separate because i assume the data scan by the addon must contain User specific info within the imported data.

Secondly when i switched to that profile, the addon prompted that it found the server and showed the choice of user for a split second and then went straight to the config page requesting that i enter the info manually (server/username)...i dont know if this is suppose to happen when you choose a new kodi profile for the first time.

So i filled out the info restarted kodi twice and now it is scanning in the data.

Here is log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiuo4asj9h3jgyc/kodi.log?dl=0

Not with this new test it seems that everytime i open Kodi , it redoes the inistal scan and then finishes but has no content in TV shows or Movies (the menus dont appear on the main screen)

spoopers

Not with this new test it seems that everytime i open Kodi , it redoes the inistal scan and then finishes but has no content in TV shows or Movies (the menus dont appear on the main screen)

Yeah same problem for me. No movies and a full scan everytime I start Kodi. I'll wait for an update before I try using it again.

im85288

TvTuner staff still does not work, right?

Tvtunes works fine as long as you install the Kodi tvtunes addon

xnappo

Are your Movie collections classified as type Movies in Emby?

Try restarting your server - you are getting a memory error:

16:23:28 T:20292  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 500 OutOfMemoryException
16:23:28 T:20292  NOTICE: emby DownloadUtils -> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 133, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 92, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                worked = librarySync.syncDatabase()
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 54, in syncDatabase
                                                self.MoviesSync(True, False)
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 105, in MoviesSync
                                                allMB3Movies = ReadEmbyDB().getMovies(view.get('id'), True, fullsync)
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\ReadEmbyDB.py", line 36, in getMovies
                                                jsonData = downloadUtils.downloadUrl(url, suppress=False, popup=0)

Some have reported this issue is gone/better in newer server versions.

Edited by xnappo

saitoh183

Are your Movie collections classified as type Movies in Emby?

Try restarting your server - you are getting a memory error:

16:23:28 T:20292  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 500 OutOfMemoryException
16:23:28 T:20292  NOTICE: emby DownloadUtils -> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 133, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 92, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                worked = librarySync.syncDatabase()
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 54, in syncDatabase
                                                self.MoviesSync(True, False)
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 105, in MoviesSync
                                                allMB3Movies = ReadEmbyDB().getMovies(view.get('id'), True, fullsync)
                                              File "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\ReadEmbyDB.py", line 36, in getMovies
                                                jsonData = downloadUtils.downloadUrl(url, suppress=False, popup=0)

Some have reported this issue is gone/better in newer server versions.

@@xnappo

I will restart as soon as i can but on my master profile, everything works fine scan and all but it was once i switched to this new user and did the scan that the issues arose

Started using this as soon as I saw the facebook post. :-) Couple things I noticed so far...

TV, after watching a couple of tv shows & they were not marked watched. I can mark them watched but it's not doing it after watching on it's own. Some of the tv shows are missing posters & fan art that I know is in Emby.

Movies, while looking thru the movies & noticed hitting "i" for the info doesn't do anything.

Every where, when it seems to be updating in the background the background art flashes like a strobe light. I was getting some error too but I didn't read it as I was rebooting & only saw a flash of it in a window behind Kodi. Emby server is on that computer too so, not sure if it was Kodi or Emby Server complaining.

Love it so far! So fast now & I can finally go back to my favorite skin. WOOOT! Huge improvement!

I have the "flash background" problem too, alot flashing and alot Hard drive activity when im suffering inside my theme (aeon nox xbmcmania] but not when media is playing. I think is something weird with fanarts and sync... Edited by achaw

spuntiga

I have the "flash background" problem too, alot flashing and alot Hard drive activity when im suffering inside my theme (aeon nox xbmcmania] but not when media is playing. I think is something weird with fanarts and sync...

For me, a complete reinstall of the addon has fixed this problem (I have also deleted the databases and the kodi data sources).

Edited by spuntiga

dragon2611

The addon has a problem if you enter an Incorrect username where it will constantly popup "Error"

Incorrect Username/Password

Reason: Unauthorised Access Expection

It's very hard to then correct the problem as the message is popping up every few seconds.

Edit:

Also there is a script failed error when you try and uninstall it.

Edit2:

Still throws Username/Password error even after a re-install, removed the old mediabrowser addon before installing, have not been prompted for a password.

This is on a fireTV

Edit3: AH-ha got it, it doesn't like it if there are no visible users, since my server is remotely accessable  I hide all the users form the login screen as soon as I un-hid my user the password prompt appeared and it started working.

Looks nice, Sync works nicely but I'll have to go back to using the older Addon until HTTP playback is supported.

Edited by dragon2611

justpig

I am experiencing a problem with the emby add-on. The content is not updating when new things are added. It does not update until I restart Kodi.

defiance77

I am experiencing a problem with the emby add-on. The content is not updating when new things are added. It does not update until I restart Kodi.

I got the same problem but since there is a new version coming soon and its early in development I will wait and see if its fixed. 

I love this new plugin and it will be amazing as soon as the initial kinks get worked out.

For me, a complete reinstall of the addon has fixed this problem (I have also deleted the databases and the kodi data sources).

How did you delete datacase?

I try with no luck...

Ps. Nevermind, i just did it. Thanks

Ps2. Didnt work. I will try to provide a log...

Edited by achaw

im85288

Version 0.0.9 is now available in the Beta repo.

IMPORTANT

This version changes a lot under the hood and needs a clean start to proceed. We have provided a reset option in the addon under advanced settings for this:

7e9q6Ye.png

However it may not work correctly on Windows clients. 

If it fails to delete and restart automatically you will need to delete your video database from:

- userdata/Database/MyVideo90.db (note version may differ if not running a Helix version of Kodi)

And remove the folder plugin.video.emby from:

- userdata/addon_data/

Once this is done restart and the sync process will occur again.

As usual please provide feedback on how this goes for you and report any problems or positive findings.

• Like 2

im85288

Quick update on above 0.0.10 is now released.

For those where the reset fails you now only need to delete the video database manually

- userdata/Database/MyVideo90.db (note version may differ if not running a Helix version of Kodi)

• Like 1

Great stuff guys!

Database currently sync'ing.

@@im85288 what skin is that ?

EDIT, aborted sync and updated plugin.

Edited by KRA

xnappo

Reminder: Please start new threads for problems so we can track them.

im85288

Great stuff guys!

Database currently sync'ing.

@@im85288 what skin is that ?

EDIT, aborted sync and updated plugin.

It's Arctic Zephyr - my custom version :)

• Like 1