Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

SwanStream

Last night I noticed a partially watched from earlier in the evening didn't resume from last watched position but restarted at beginning. Didn't dig too deeply into testing it on other files, maybe others have seen that?

In my case the file was about 50% watched so should have worked, no? Maybe I missed a setting somewhere....

xnappo

All,

I have started moving issues out of here into individual topics so we can track issues better.

Please do the same. 

1. Look for topics that already exist prefixed with 'Emby for Kodi'

2. If needed, post a new topic prefixed with 'Emby for Kodi.

3. Remember to follow guidelines in 'How to Report a Problem'

Thanks,

xnappo

• Like 1

justpig

I installed the Emby for Kodi and it synced, everything was working great, until I changed the user in the Emby add-on. It would still show the previous users TV shows and Movies. I tried changing the user again but this time it crashed and removed all media acces.

justpig

I have since restarted Kodi and changed the user in the Emby add-on. This has resulted a complete resync.

Koleckai Silvestri

Was fairly easy to install. Took about 5 minutes to do so from the download of Kodi 14.2 to starting the initial scan. Installed the Aeon Nox and was watching movies in about 45 minutes from the start of the process. Most of that was the initial scan.

steve1977

Just tried. Installed, rebooted, username identified and I entered password. Sync dialogue box comes up. I was impressed. Unfortunately, after 2 minutes, I got an error message and the sync stopped. Please see log below. Thanks for your help!

http://pastebin.com/2zhjtfkw

Morphello

Just set out to try this, getting a script error attemping to run.

Windows 8.1 x64 + kodi 14.2 release + latest stable emby

Install the addon > restart kodi > addon starts > automatically detects server > select profile > OK > Script error.

Here's the part of the log file that spews out the error

18:49:37 T:4472  NOTICE: MB3 Sync Service -> starting Monitor
18:49:37 T:4472  NOTICE: emby 1 -> emby Connection Manager Called
18:49:37 T:4472  NOTICE: emby 1 -> emby server already set
18:49:37 T:4200  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
18:49:37 T:4472   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'cElementTree.ParseError'>
                                            Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 11, column 45
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\AtlasCore\Programs\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 133, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\AtlasCore\Programs\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 39, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                mayRun = utils.checkKodiSources()
                                              File "C:\AtlasCore\Programs\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 78, in checkKodiSources
                                                rebootRequired = KodiAdvancedSettingsCheck()
                                              File "C:\AtlasCore\Programs\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 162, in KodiAdvancedSettingsCheck
                                                tree = ET.ElementTree(file=settingsFile)
                                              File "C:\AtlasCore\Programs\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 611, in __init__
                                                self.parse(file)
                                              File "<string>", line 38, in parse
                                            ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 11, column 45
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

This is an existing install with a custom skin, but running normally. There is an existing database (which is, for all accounts, identical to my emby server). Do I have to delete my library within Kodi to have this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm so excited for this. I've been inching to use Emby Server for like 2 years now, but a proper front end has always held me back.

<3

justpig

I have tried using emby in another profile. It scans and then instead of completing keeps presenting a script error. Restarting does not fix this it just keeps saying script error. Is there a way to fix this?

stueeey

I have tried using emby in another profile. It scans and then instead of completing keeps presenting a script error. Restarting does not fix this it just keeps saying script error. Is there a way to fix this?

EXACTLY the same issue here...  additional profiles is a must in order to split my Family & GrownUps movies.  Am sure the Devs are working on it, it was achieved with previous Add-on. 

Can the dev confirm they are working on it?  (shall have to revert setup back to MB addon if not)  Thanks for all the hardwork on this, working great  with 1 profile !

Morphello

Temporarily rename your advancedsettings.xml file and try again.

This worked perfectly. Why?

I've got a few custom settings, but why would this make a difference?

EDIT: Ah, it makes its own advanced settings xml file. I guess it cant just tack on the setting it wanted in my already edited file.

Edited by Morphello

Putting the correct IP + username and unhiding the user did it for me. Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. I completely forgot the hiding usernames feature, and was pulling my hair out.

Unhiding the username fixed all my "URL Error" / wrong login problems. Finally syncing now.

xnappo

This worked perfectly. Why?

I've got a few custom settings, but why would this make a difference?

EDIT: Ah, it makes its own advanced settings xml file. I guess it cant just tack on the setting it wanted in my already edited file.

Yeah - it has to edit it and the current version has a bug with that.  You can merge them now.

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

It will long term, but I would wait for the next version before messing with it.

I tested it out using remote server over the internet. It all scanned and everything fine after a little troubleshooting on my end, but I'm getting the "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?" message when trying to open a video.

Can I assume this is to do with the remote play not being ready yet? jc.

Just testing/messing with it. This is a something I've been waiting for, for a loong time, and it looks great so far.

This and a better android app will be the final things that will make me uninstall plex completely. :)

Edited by Sek0n

StealthDefender

@@xnappo

One question, how about deletet movies or series? Are they also synced by the addon? In my opinion i dont need the refresh button in kodi anymore. Am i wright?

Is there a problem with my own advancedsettings.xml?

I have some tweaks there to import watched states and date addet things? This one i did not need also anymore?!

Greetz Stealth

xnappo

You can merge your advanced settings in.  If you change the setting in Kodi to have delete access, you should be able to delete now.

StealthDefender

You can merge your advanced settings in. If you change the setting in Kodi to have delete access, you should be able to delete now.

I mean if i delete a file manual from the folder. At this point normaly you have to delete it at kodis database!

Is this now managed by the addon!

• Like 1

stueeey

@@xnappo should/are 2nd Kodi profiles be working with this addon version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saitoh183

I have not tried it.

@@Angelblue05 - have you?

Triyng this right now...will post back in a few when the initial scan is completed. 

The first observation i have is that i created a second kodi profile with the settings to keep everything separate because i assume the data scan by the addon must contain User specific info within the imported data.

Secondly when i switched to that profile, the addon prompted that it found the server and showed the choice of user for a split second and then went straight to the config page requesting that i enter the info manually (server/username)...i dont know if this is suppose to happen when you choose a new kodi profile for the first time.

So i filled out the info restarted kodi twice and now it is scanning in the data.