Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

im85288

Maybe you misunderstood me ;)

I mean with extra arts the logos, clearart and this things. Not the extra fanart! :)

Greetz Stealth

Yes I did misunderstand you..all of those work correctly as they are imported from Emby and added to the local database..not sure what went wrong with your setup though.

StealthDefender

Is it a Windows machine? If so - then that is definitely the problem. Unfortunately you will need to kill your DB and start over. I will make this issue more clear in the first post (changed it to bold, it was already there :D) .

Yes it is a win 8.1 machine!

Try to reinstal kodi from zero and config all new, looking if this helps!

Is there need to config the advancedsettings.xml to import watched and progress flags?

There are definitely problems with it syncing lastplayed over and over. We are looking into it.

@

it continued for 4-5 hours until it eventually caused an error (seems the emby server crashed):

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 133, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 92, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                worked = librarySync.syncDatabase()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 57, in syncDatabase
                                                self.TvShowsSync(True, False)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 563, in TvShowsSync
                                                for item in episodeData:
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Edited by KRA

dark.neo29

Started using this as soon as I saw the facebook post. :-) Couple things I noticed so far...

TV, after watching a couple of tv shows & they were not marked watched. I can mark them watched but it's not doing it after watching on it's own. Some of the tv shows are missing posters & fan art that I know is in Emby.

Movies, while looking thru the movies & noticed hitting "i" for the info doesn't do anything.

Every where, when it seems to be updating in the background the background art flashes like a strobe light. I was getting some error too but I didn't read it as I was rebooting & only saw a flash of it in a window behind Kodi. Emby server is on that computer too so, not sure if it was Kodi or Emby Server complaining.  

Love it so far! So fast now & I can finally go back to my favorite skin. WOOOT! Huge improvement!

I am having the same issue with watched items.  I can manually do it but its not automatic.  Did you figure it out or is it a bug?

e123enitan

I have to commend the team for this awesome job, this is beyond my expectations, myself and family were so impressed with the fast pace of the movies retrieval/play, it blows our imaginations, it is like dream come true.

Although I am still playing around with my system I have not noticed any issue, like those which I have reported in past that of great concerns to me.

For anyone curious to know, not a great system but work fine
My box: Tronsmart Vega S89-H,  Openelec 5.0.6

My Installation processes

Rebuild OpenElect to default (it takes few seconds)

Downloaded/installed Emby Plugin- update IP address and user name, no password as this no setup in the server for my users

Restart Kodi, and reboot located server,  immediately the syncro process kicks off (I did not keep tab on the process time as I do expected this to take a while given the size of my collections (50 TV shows, 1000 episode, 2500 movies) the process was completed with no hiccups.

Finally
I downloaded/configured Titan Skin to my preferences, navigation was smoother and extremely faster than previous, so far all past reported issues gone, I noticed occasional spiked while back ground syncro in progress, I am sure with time this will be resolved

I have successfully completed 5 boxes with no issue so far, except for my window visa which I plan to configure tonight, I shall post issues as I come a crossed them, minor things like window dressing etc.

Everything works like Gem, keep up the great work 

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

riffy

I am having the same issue with watched items.  I can manually do it but its not automatic.  Did you figure it out or is it a bug?

I did notice that they are marked watched on Emby Server but it's not getting synced back to Kodi. Kinda odd since Kodi marks it watched, then Emby Server marks it watched, but then Kodi marks it unwatched a few seconds later. Then it gets stuck in a loop of syncing or something.

I've had to clear the video data bases a few times now. Start getting a lock up with Kodi & that seems to clear up the lock up for awhile.

riffy
I had to add: <dateadded>1</dateadded> to the advancedsettings.xml to get the dateadded right too. That wasn't added by the Emby plugin.

xnappo

Definitely on the list - but first we need to fix CPU usage/constant sync issues.

saitoh183

Definitely on the list - but first we need to fix CPU usage/constant sync issues.

gotcha!...I will move to this once that function is implemented :)

e123enitan

This is what I thought the first stage of the testing is all about, feedback on installation and report any bugs, in addition speed test, on the note of speed/cup usage.

So what do you expect from users (to turn on debug to capture process time, CPU usage?), then supply reports (process log or screen shots or both)?

Please clarify as think this would ensure consistent approach to bugs tracking and reviews.

Thanks for your efforts

xnappo

Actually right now, I think we have enough info to go on from what has already been reported.  @@marcelveldt has some ideas, and we will let y'all know what we need going forward. 

Tolotos

Sorting by name (Sortname) and grouping in movie sets is broken too.

Edit: After complete reinstall of OpenElec currently all is working. Still testing more.

Edited by Tolotos

Dpickles

I've been playing around with this for the last couple of days and I have to say I'm really impressed so far. 

I've got this install on both my main htpc running openelec and my RPi2. The navigation of the library is so much smoother on the Rpi2 than with the previous addon, which I found unusable. I'll need to set this up on my other htpc for the kids over the weekend.

The only thing I believe is missing and I saw this mentioned earlier, is the ability to "force transcoding" and set the required bitrate. This is a requirement for one of the setups in my house currently and hopefully we'll be able to see this implemented once some of the other bugs are ironed out.

I'll continue to play around and see if there's any issues that come up.

I'm really excited for this as it's an excellent addition. Congratulations on the good work.

Thanks

Marcelo

Guys,

Regarding the data returning from movies just one litte comment.

For the cast it's returning the actor name and thumbnail but not the role information.

If that is possible it will be great.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Logs attached to my first post (#43).

@@Scot - Don't see anything obvious in addons directory to delete. nothing either MediaBrowswer/Emby/Kodi... Thx for trying!

Hi bikesquid

On OSX it is as follows (forgotten on Windows sorry but it's the standard locations for addon_data):

~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby

Deleting, reloading and following the inital instructions worked for me...part of my problem (I think) was that I had previously downloaded the Emby 0.04 addon....I had settings that wouldn't stick (changed in front of my eyes)....

-SM

dresden7

Great job with this addon! A lot smoother than the old addon. I think I found a bug though.

Installed on AFTV with fresh install latest Kodi 14.2

First thing I did was install beta repository and install the Emby addon. Restarted Kodi when asked and it began to scan. Finished scan but when I try to play a video, I get an error msg that it can't find the file and asks me to remove it. Realized I forgot to add smb network credentials. Added/ Disabled/renabled addon and restarted kodi. Still not working, same error but all of the metadata is showing correctly.. 

I started fiddling around and found that if i right click the item and click "Play from Here" the video will work. I started checking the default Kodi settings and see if anything made a difference. around with some more settings in kodi and found the error msg disapeared completely as soon as I went to

Settings --> Videos--> File Lists --> "Combine split video items" 

Spoke too soon. Play from here seems to play a random "movie". TV Shows work fine. Maybe something messed up the sync to the movies? When I go into the info the smb path is correct though.

Edited by dresden7

xnappo

See the sticky 'how to report a problem'.  Also try playing by browsing your network manually.

Iorifly
Installed and is working perfectly!

only "problem" is that it brings together the films in a compilation.

I'm using Windows 8.0 + 14 + kodi RC2 + MQ6

xnappo

Installed and is working perfectly!
   only "problem" is that it brings together the films in a compilation.

I'm using Windows 8.0 + 14 + kodi RC2 + MQ6

Did you see the 'tags' when browsing movies? You can use that to separate your collections.

Iorifly
ok.

Thank you, simply redo.

Even I by setting:

db sync indication = none

Play count sync indication = none

I view the message clearing the database.

tropicaljoe
Installed and is working great

One issue so far, Actor images for Movies populate perfectly within Kodi, however for TV shows no actor images populate in Kodi at all ( they do exist in Emby though )

I'm using Windows 7.0 sp1 + 14 + kodi RC2 + MQ5