Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

xnappo

We can add back in the play from HTTP option at some point.  Want to make sure the basics work before complicating things.

tehdartherer

Got some problems with the credentials.

I don't get any password prompt and thus Kodi gives me an "Incorrect username/password, Reason: UnauthorizedAccessException" error.

Any idea why?

Edit:

The auto setup fails: Kodi finds the Emby server in my VPN, but gets the public IP and not the VPN IP of it.

Edited by tehdartherer

StealthDefender

Whats about the Extra Arts? Is there a need of the Artwork Downloader plugin in Kodi or do Emby addon import this!?

What is with new files (episodes, movies) they are new in Emby, would they shown on the fly then in Kodi?

Which collection sheme is supported (BoxSet Tag?)

I know a lot questions but i am a bit affraid of testing this withiut loosing all my data :)

Greetz Stealth

stueeey

interested to know if anybody has successfully setup 2nd profiles? 1st profile is working nicely... the 2nd profile however seems to crash towards the end of the sync process, reporting a 'emby addon error'. realise it's early days guys, really great work though, the 1st profile is zipping along real fast!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tehdartherer

Try putting in the correct IP address in the settings and restarting Kodi.

Putting the correct IP + username and unhiding the user did it for me. Thanks!

im85288

Whats about the Extra Arts? Is there a need of the Artwork Downloader plugin in Kodi or do Emby addon import this!?

What is with new files (episodes, movies) they are new in Emby, would they shown on the fly then in Kodi?

Which collection sheme is supported (BoxSet Tag?)

I know a lot questions but i am a bit affraid of testing this withiut loosing all my data :)

Greetz Stealth

Your not going to lose data :) Why not test on a machine that's not your main one to try these things out. You do not need to use artwork Downloader, new stuff is synced automatically, sets, tags for movies are supported..but what we want from beta testing is for people to report this to us. Btw sets is an option in the addon that needs to be enabled as not everyone wants them in their Kodi library.

• Like 1

StealthDefender

Ok i give it a try! :)

Looks very interesting. If this work then a wish comes true for me ;)

A great MediaServer in the back and Kodi in Front, yeah thats it!

Greetz Stealth

When I attempt to play a video (when outside of my network, using the DNS name that is correctly setup on the sever side)....it all works however when playing the video it is direct playing not transcoding which is an issue bandwidth wise.

Any ideas on this or it's not something (transcoding) you've gotten around to?

Will you add in the 'myPlex' Emby equivalent to this Emby Addon?

Many thanks

-SM

Doonga

After the inital scan anything I try to play says "The file is no longer available. Do you want to remove it from the library?" I double checked that my username/password is correct for the CIFS shares. It's doing this on two devices. Here's the chunk of log from hitting enter on a movie.

Edit: I did a Clean Library in Kodi then rebooted a couple of times, then it did a very slow rescan. But that seems to have fixed it. I wonder if it's because the CIFS username/password wasn't filled in yet when it did the initial scan.

23:54:17 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x24, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
23:54:17 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverDeactivated from xbmc
23:54:17 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnScreensaverDeactivated
23:54:17 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, screen saver/dpms woken up
23:54:18 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x24, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
23:54:18 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
23:54:18 T:139977304639232    INFO: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - trying to open device ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
23:54:18 T:139977304639232    INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0"
23:54:18 T:139977304639232    INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0,AES0=0x04,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x00"
23:54:18 T:139977304639232    INFO: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
23:54:18 T:139977304639232    INFO: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Using data format AE_FMT_S16NE
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Request: periodSize 2205, bufferSize 8820
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Got: periodSize 2208, bufferSize 8832
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Setting timeout to 201 ms
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Input Channel Count: 2 Output Channel Count: 2
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Requested Layout: FL,FR
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Got Layout: FL,FR (ALSA: FL FR)
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - ALSA Initialized:
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Output Device : HDA Intel
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Sample Rate   : 44100
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Sample Format : AE_FMT_S16NE
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Channel Count : 2
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Channel Layout: FL,FR
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Frames        : 2208
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Frame Samples : 4416
23:54:18 T:139977304639232   DEBUG:   Frame Size    : 4
23:54:18 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: OnClick called on 'videodb://movies/titles/201' but file doesn't exist
23:54:18 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
23:54:18 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit () ------
23:54:19 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x72, sym: 0x0113, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
23:54:19 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: OnKey: right (0xf083) pressed, action is Right
23:54:19 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x24, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
23:54:19 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
23:54:19 T:139977323587456   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
Edited by Doonga

Tommyboy660

Hi I'd really be interested in the beta of EmbY. Where do I find the install folders for the beta ? I think that there should be a much more user friendly area to find all downloads rather than having to navigate all throughout mediabrowser.tv or github.com. As well as Whatever page that is chosen to host the user friendly install links, I believe it would further benefit if the said links where then also highlighted & bolded, also located away from any & advertisements etc. that look similar to the links so that no one ends up downloading extra junk by accident, like so many other sites.

Galaxy Note 4 - The Apple Eater

SwanStream

Sounds like a promising package!

Tried the install according to directions, don't think I missed anything, but I'm getting a "URL erro:ArgumentNullException"

I've noticed in settings the username keeps going blank after I fill it in.... I suspect its related but how to fix?

The TV listing seems to have partially populated with shows, all from one of 4 disks in that library.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Config fields keep going blank after I fill them in at this point. 

Attaching logs. Thanks for any suggestions

kodi.log

kodi.old.log

SwanStream

You should not have to touch the config fields, when you first install it should auto detect your server and then list your users, if you select the correct user and it has a password you should be prompted for a password and then you should be prompted for a restart of Kodi.

OK, That didn't happen at install, I believe I got a script error but it disappeared before I could see more... So I went into config. Likely I buggered it up now, uninstall/reinstall and default don't seem to 'clear' it up. Likely I have to remove some files to start fresh without removing all kodi? Suggestions?

Hi bikesquid,

I had the same issues you stated above....I uninstalled MediaBrowser and Emby addons and then shut Kodi down...I then removed (completely deleted) the addons from my addons directory...started Kodi back up, installed the Emby addon and presto everything started to work with the prompts as per in the initial instructions...

-SM

SwanStream

would be interesting to see what error you are getting, a log file will help with that.

Logs attached to my first post (#43).

@@Scot - Don't see anything obvious in addons directory to delete. nothing either MediaBrowswer/Emby/Kodi... Thx for trying!

riffy

Started using this as soon as I saw the facebook post. :-) Couple things I noticed so far...

TV, after watching a couple of tv shows & they were not marked watched. I can mark them watched but it's not doing it after watching on it's own. Some of the tv shows are missing posters & fan art that I know is in Emby.

Movies, while looking thru the movies & noticed hitting "i" for the info doesn't do anything.

Every where, when it seems to be updating in the background the background art flashes like a strobe light. I was getting some error too but I didn't read it as I was rebooting & only saw a flash of it in a window behind Kodi. Emby server is on that computer too so, not sure if it was Kodi or Emby Server complaining.  

Love it so far! So fast now & I can finally go back to my favorite skin. WOOOT! Huge improvement!

SwanStream

The only other things in the dir are .dmp and xbmc_stacktrace_____.txt files

I'll be happy to post them if it'll help resolve the issue/dev cycle, but if this is an anomaly not worth looking into further let me know how to scrub the install and start a fresh and I'll retry and report back.

The sbmc_stacktrace files are all basically the same I think though thread adn process id's change.:

Thread 5848 (process 6128)
# 0 RtlInitUnicodeString
# 1 RtlFreeHeap
# 2 HeapFree
# 3
# 4
# 5
# 6 MHD_connection_get_fdset
# 7 tolower_l
# 8 MHD_connection_handle_idle
Edited by bikesquid

SwanStream

So I uninstalled kodi completely and reinstalled fresh, installed the repo, installed the embry add-on and nothing... till I restarted kodi, THEN it noted the found server, asked which user, and restarted again. Now I'm seeing a Syc DB process. Seems right....

So either the instructions on pg1 lack the restart Kodi after installing the add-on and before it'll find the server or my system is abnormal (possible). Either way I'm up and testing!

Thx to null_pointer for taking a look.

eskay993

Hello

Really love the idea behind this addon! I'm testing it on a fire tv running Kodi 14.2 and  Emby server running as a docker on Ubuntu server. Scanning works for a bit then crashes. It seems to scan TV shows ok, then gave a script error when it started movies. Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5mck8qtwhurwfx/kodi.log?dl=0

Checking Kodi, I can see various video sources under Files - media_server_tvshows, mediaserver_movies and mediaserver_musicvideo - Also under Files, TV and Movies show all my media in file mode - This looks to be complete, but my Library is empty. 

Any thoughts or recommendation on what I can try next?

Thanks

Here is the error itself:

10:45:57 T:1579831408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 133, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 104, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                worked = librarySync.updatePlayCounts()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 912, in updatePlayCounts
                                                kodishow = allKodiTVShows.get(item["Id"],None)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

StealthDefender

Installation works great. Some errors but after a restart of Kodi i was prompted to login with username and password.

Tvseries sync then correctly.

Movies are synced after a second restart!

What i am missing is Extra Arts they are appear only when i do a scan with Artwork Downloader!

Artsts scan and sync well. Collections with BoxSet tag are ignored in any way!

I test and play at the evening a bit with sync played stats and so on!

Is it possible to change the way new files would be recognized?

When i use the addon on a machine the first time all files would be new in kodis database.

Is there a way to use Embys tags of new files?

Greetz Stealth

xnappo

1. What i am missing is Extra Arts they are appear only when i do a scan with Artwork Downloader!

2. Artsts scan and sync well. Collections with BoxSet tag are ignored in any way!

3. I test and play at the evening a bit with sync played stats and so on!

4. Is it possible to change the way new files would be recognized?

5. When i use the addon on a machine the first time all files would be new in kodis database.

6. Is there a way to use Embys tags of new files?

Greetz Stealth

1. It takes a while for them to sync

2. BoxSets are an option in settings

3. Good

4. What do you mean? 

5. Maybe you are not using Helix 14.2rc1 + ?  This was a Kodi bug

6. Maybe I think maybe you are referring to 5 - this should work with 14.2 rc1 or newer

• Like 1

im85288

For 1) Make sure your Emby server is set to create the extra fanarts for full Kodi compatibility (In Metadata->Nfo). This saves on needing to use the artwork downloader to do the same thing.

StealthDefender

For 1) Make sure your Emby server is set to create the extra fanarts for full Kodi compatibility (In Metadata->Nfo). This saves on needing to use the artwork downloader to do the same thing.

Maybe you misunderstood me ;)

I mean with extra arts the logos, clearart and this things. Not the extra fanart! :)

Greetz Stealth

StealthDefender

@@xnappo

Thx for reply, give it a try! Could be the problem that on my testing machine there is an older kodi version!

4,5,6 i mean probably the same. Kodi shows me all my movies and series in alphabetical order as new files. Would be great if it shows like in emby there are the actuall movies and episodes.

Greetz Stealth

xnappo

Is it a Windows machine?  If so - then that is definitely the problem.  Unfortunately you will need to kill your DB and start over.  I will make this issue more clear in the first post (changed it to bold, it was already there :D) .

Edited by xnappo