v585 Subtitles no longer seem to work

FrostByte

FrostByte

Thanks for the help fuzz, I was thinking that may be it since yours said true.  These all did work before 585 for me.  I uploaded a 2 min sample and the srt to @chessdragon136 drive for him to look at.

• Like 1

fuzzthekingoftrees

A quick question about the movies that don't work, do any of them have english audio tracks? what about the ones that do work?

fuzzthekingoftrees

I loaded your file and replicated your problem, it looks to be on the server side.

I renamed the subtitle file, rescanned the library and now it works. Then I renamed it back and it still works so no idea.

55259b7f64b98_amlie.png

Edited by fuzzthekingoftrees

FrostByte

A quick question about the movies that don't work, do any of them have english audio tracks? what about the ones that do work?

It's really a mixed bag.  All my mkv files only have one audio track.  I only have two which still seem to work  One is German (Das Boot) and the other is English (The Pianist).  The ones which don't work have audio tracks English, French, Italian, Japanese and a bunch of other languages, but only one audio track per mkv.

FrostByte

I loaded your file and replicated your problem, it looks to be on the server side.

I renamed the subtitle file, rescanned the library and now it works. Then I renamed it back and it still works so no idea.

Oh my, hmmm.  I guess I have a lot of work ahead of me if that's what you did to get them to work.  That is so strange.  I'll report back after I try it here

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

@fuzzthekingoftrees  What exactly did you rename it to when you got it to work?  I've tried dropping the "foreign", adding it back in, changing it to "forced" and still nothing.  Though the webclient saw the changes of the forced flag.  I tried once to drop the year and the webclient couldn't even find the srt for some reason.

FrostByte

Just not working for me, I've renamed this thing 100 ways from Tuesday and still can't get the app to recognize the subtitle anymore.  Always gets a "-1" in app log and the following from the other report no matter how it's named.  I've tried several other movies which are not working also with the same result. 

"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","IsInterlaced":false,"BitRate":11887520,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":5,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":812,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.97602,"RealFrameRate":23.97602,"Profile":"High","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"2.35:1","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":41,"IsAnamorphic":false,"IsCabac":true},{"Codec":"dca","Language":"fre","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":1536000,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS","Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"srt","Language":"eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":true,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":2,"IsExternal":true,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":"F:\\Videos\\Movies\\Amélie (2001)\\Amélie.eng.foreign.srt"}],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[]

At least you were able to duplicate the error which makes me happy :)

chessdragon136

Ok pre 585 I used to check IsTextSubtitleStream and if true would stream the subs -> Since then on guidance of API changes I now check SupportsExternalStream - In your case, it is a text subtitle but doesn't support external stream - you'll need to check the server team on why this is the case, and how that setting is determined true or false

• Like 1

FrostByte

@Luke It appears that this may be an issue on the server side which isn't passing the correct value in SupportortsExternalStream from the API call for the Samsung app for subtitles since chess made changes when looking for a valid subtitle.  Do you know what makes the server pass back a "false" value for this one, even though IsTextSubtitleStream is true?  Not sure if this needs to be moved, or what?

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1