Emby add-on for Kodi

scalda

cpaowner

I'm trying to get this to work, I entered my ip and username, however there is no password field so I just keep getting unauthorized errors every couple seconds. Am I missing something or is this designed for local usage only? In contrast, the other media browser plugin works fine for me. Thanks!

jluce50

I'm trying to get this to work, I entered my ip and username, however there is no password field so I just keep getting unauthorized errors every couple seconds. Am I missing something or is this designed for local usage only? In contrast, the other media browser plugin works fine for me. Thanks!

Try restarting Kodi. It should automatically detect your server when it starts up.

• Like 1

tehdartherer

Got the same problem, but auto setup fails.

The server is available over a VPN connection, but the auto setup gets the public IP of the server. Public access is blocked.

So maybe one has to force the server to a certain IP address? Forcing it to a unique interface is not possible as far as I know.

spuntiga

@xnappo: Thanks, renaming the advancedsettings.xml (it was emtpy) did the trick.  :D

Now I have an another problem.

First sync was fine, but now everytime the background sync starts (for debugging I enabled the dialogs) the background (fanart image) starts to flicker. Also if I go to my movies or to the tv shows, the "cursor" starts to jumping around.

If I should make a video of this behavior, please let me know--

denethor

Try restarting Kodi. It should automatically detect your server when it starts up.

This was not solved my problem.

So I removed the addon from file system and started from scratch. This time I did not set the server IP manually and let the addon found the server on network. But it only displays the users available on login screen and my user is hidden from login page.

In my case it is not possible to configure addon. If I set my server IP and user manually addon does not prompt for password. So either way I cannot logon to my server.

I am on clean install Kodi 14.2 RTM.

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

im85288

Thanks we will add the hidden user issue to the issues to solve, remember this is the first beta version so expect issues. For now to test what you should get you can un hide your user.

• Like 1

denethor

Thanks we will add the hidden user issue to the issues to solve, remember this is the first beta version so expect issues. For now to test what you should get you can un hide your user.

I know, that's why I install and love beta software ;) I already Un-hide my user just after posting the issue :) Edited by denethor

xnappo

@xnappo: Thanks, renaming the advancedsettings.xml (it was emtpy) did the trick.  :D

Now I have an another problem.

First sync was fine, but now everytime the background sync starts (for debugging I enabled the dialogs) the background (fanart image) starts to flicker. Also if I go to my movies or to the tv shows, the "cursor" starts to jumping around.

If I should make a video of this behavior, please let me know--

Thanks for the log.

@ @@marcelveldt @@im85288 - looks like the weird date thing again?

kodi value:2015-03-22 00:00:00 MB value: 2015-03-22 19:47:34

xnappo

Well - my OpenElec box is doing it too now and is very sad:

23:19:31 T:2939153216  NOTICE: Doing_Db_Sync: updatePlayCounts (Started)
23:19:51 T:2939153216  NOTICE: MB3 Sync -> updating property...lastplayed
23:19:51 T:2939153216  NOTICE: MB3 Sync -> kodi value:2015-03-01 00:00:00 MB value: 2015-03-01 18:26:29
23:19:52 T:2939153216  NOTICE: MB3 Sync -> updating property...lastplayed
23:19:52 T:2939153216  NOTICE: MB3 Sync -> kodi value:2015-03-01 00:00:00 MB value: 2015-03-01 18:26:29
23:20:44 T:2939153216  NOTICE: MB3 Sync -> updating property...lastplayed
23:20:44 T:2939153216  NOTICE: MB3 Sync -> kodi value:2015-01-30 00:00:00 MB value: 2015-01-30 02:46:01

Hmm. 
Edited by xnappo

scalda

Hey guys, 

I have moved over to the repo version of the add on, instead of the git hub zip on a clean install of kodi, and i keep getting episode duplicating and at the moment i haven't even had the episodes from last night add to kodi yet.

any ideas?

TIA Scalda

StealthDefender

I play a bit with the play count sync. When i set a watched or unwatched flag in Kodi it sync immediatly to the Emby Server!

But when i change something on the server Kodi dont recognize it! When do the addon a sync?

Greetz Stealth

Edit: every time i reinstall all new and the first sync of emby addln starts only the tvseries are imported to the kodi database!

When i restart kodi then the movie sync starts!

Edited by StealthDefender

inzombyac

My observations on play state syncing: I turned on the sync indicators and It seems like the play state sync is last, and that it does a full sync of the library first.  Took about 10 minutes of syncing before play states started coming over from the server.

saitoh183

Yes all artwork is.

Ok...so what could be the problem? since there are no extra settings to turn on banners in Titan

CBers

Stupid question, but if nfo files already exist in a "media" folder, why aren't they used instead of the sync creating new ones locally?

Wouldn't this also mean that you couldn't copy the database between PCs abd/or PIs etc?

xnappo

The NFOs are currently used just to 'bootstrap' and entry into the database.  Once it is in there, we directly update with data from the server.

The Kodi API only has calls to modify the database, not add a new item.

That said - we are looking at other alternatives.

StealthDefender

For me the important question is that the nfo files in the media folders are up to date! I have to test a bit with it and hope i am right that the addon save first the changes like watched/unwatched and progress in the emby database abd then the emby server write ghe changes into the nfo file?!?

Greetz Stealth

xnappo

Why do you need media folder nfo files?  Again- they are not used by this addon.

StealthDefender

Why do you need media folder nfo files?  Again- they are not used by this addon.

Keep up, no NFO file now, that was so yesterday :-) No scanning, just blatting to the DB, well for now anyway, might change in 10 min,

Sorry  guys but i think that .nfo files in the media folders are the last stand if something goes wrong at all! :D

If my server with the Emby installation take a journey to walhalla i have my .nfo´s to rebuild my database in seconds.

When i transfer my files to a new location i have all i need in there ( arts, metadata and so on).

Last but not least i  will keep my files open to every programm or platform and don´t want to live only with one option (programm) in the background.

What if the developers one day close all the work on emby, or make it commercial in any way?

Greetz Stealth

Edited by StealthDefender

StealthDefender

Nope, this addon is not a backup tool, it is a sync tool that syncs your Emby DB data to Kodi DB to allow you to have fast media borwsing and playback in Kodi.

I have tested now a bit with this around.

It work exactly like it is functional for me.

When i change the progress/watched/unwatched stat on my kodi test machine the addon sync to the emby server and the server write the change into the .nfo!

Hope this will never change in some way from the developers :D !

Thanx for your all great work on this addon and the skins. Now i think my search for perfect media solution comes to an end.

Two perfect worlds come together now in my opinion. :D

I keep an eye on this and probably try the new addon on my productive system in living room. The best test field is my family! :lol:

Greetz Stealth