Video playing too quickly on Roku - works fine on unofficial channel

mbroku

pclausen

Same issue here.  All my media is mkv.  Changing my Rokus to stereo fixed it for now.  No issues on my  Emby Theater or portable devices.

pclausen

actually first try again with the updated zip file. if it's still a problem then please get me a sample file. thanks.

I have a collection of about 10,000 mkvs and every single one has this issue on 1.90 when the Roku is set to 5.1.  None of them have the issue when set to stereo.  I didn't check all 10,000 but probbaly about 50 random ones, some Blu-Ray rips, some DVD rips, some TV Show episodes.

I think it is safe to say the issue not not with just a few isolated mkv files.

I have a collection of about 10,000 mkvs and every single one has this issue on 1.90 when the Roku is set to 5.1.  None of them have the issue when set to stereo.  I didn't check all 10,000 but probbaly about 50 random ones, some Blu-Ray rips, some DVD rips, some TV Show episodes.

I think it is safe to say the issue not not with just a few isolated mkv files.

that doesn't matter. we focus on one specific example. that's how problems get solved. the rest will take care of themselves after that.

NickC4555

Same problem here using the Emby Roku app (not beta as far as I know, it updated itself). MKV files no audio, video plays quickly. The same files worked without any problem before the app upgrade and still do using MB Media Centre Light on the Roku.

dnicks

@@Luke, running 1.91 zip that same file plays fine now.  All other mkv's I've tried have played fine also.

Edited by dnicks

mbroku

OP here - sorry was out of town for a couple of days.

My original video playback speeds seem to have corrected themselves, but new issues have popped up.

1) Last night Emby would not let me resume movies, only watch them from the beginning. Trying to resume them causes the channel to crash. Today, if I push resume, it will only load trailers from the Trailer Plugin and then not start the movie at all. On occasion it would crash.

2) Live TV - Last night, like others here have chimed in, fast video playback with no audio on some channels, completely normal on at least 1, and with others it crashes Emby. Today - would not let me watch any channel at all. Emby would crash or just act like I had never pushed play.

3) Unofficial Mediabrowser Channel - allowed normal playback of all videos, but also would not allow Live TV anymore, either.

Thanks for the help!

server logs

Transcode

Edited by mbroku

mbroku

Anyone still having Live TV issues? I am no longer getting the fast forward no audio issue - just won't launch most channels at all.

bzlowrance

I had this issue with aac 5.1 audio, & was able to get the video to play at regular speed when switching the Roku to Stereo.

After fixing the k-lite codec's to use ffmpeg as the default audio codec, instead of LAV. AAC, 5.1 worked again, with the Roku set for DD/DTS

jhs39

I had this issue with aac 5.1 audio, & was able to get the video to play at regular speed when switching the Roku to Stereo.

After fixing the k-lite codec's to use ffmpeg as the default audio codec, instead of LAV. AAC, 5.1 worked again, with the Roku set for DD/DTS

I thought Embry used its own internal codecs and that making changes to a codec pack like k-lite no longer had any effect since Embry didn't use external codecs.  Am I wrong?