Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

Vicpa

Hi Chef

Plugin is looking pretty awesome !!!, :) Just about to start testing.

How about showing a "little love" to the music folks out there. Maybe it could be "Include Music" unchecked by default, :D ..

Thanks for your hard work!!!

-Vicpa

chef

Okay Vicpa will do.

Remember to refresh the browser when you navigate to the config page for the first time.

Edited by chef

chef

Chef,

With the build posted... I still have to manually refresh the browser. Your button is not working (IE). Although, after refreshing, I configured the plugin. I can confirm session start/stop, play and stop commands are working. This is the best build yet. Well done as always. I will test more before work tonight and report back.

The refresh button only refreshes the device list drop down/select box. When you log into a new device it should show up in the list after you press the button.

Should I have it refresh the whole page?

Xzener

The more functionality in the plugin, the more I want to drop my Grafik Eye and install just Z Wave dimmers. Keep up the great work Chef!

Xzener

The refresh button only refreshes the device list drop down/select box. When you log into a new device it should show up in the list after you press the button.

Should I have it refresh the whole page?

Yes. The button does not work, only refreshing the browser works (IE).

• Like 1

chef

Oooo, scarey build 666 allows you to edit your saved Scenes without duplicating them in the Configuration File.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

I'm now testing in IE and trying to fix some of the cross browser code issues.... trying is the key word there... ;)

• Like 1

techywarrior

Chef, I should have time Thursday and Friday to look at the code a little if you want. jQuery takes care of all the cross browser stuff for you so try migrate your straight JS to jQuery and it may solve a lot of the problems in other browsers.

• Like 1

chef

Have you guys ever noticed a lag in wireless because of your Vera device?

All my connected devices will stream emby alright, but anything perpetual needs to be set to a low resolution since Vera has been added to my network.

Of coarse I do have the latest server release installed which kind of coincides with my Vera hook up.

Transocding is taking a definite hit.

chef

I am a little disappointed.

The emby server knows it's servering media through DLNA, and it ecen knows I want it to server media to an XBOX ONE, but it won't raise playback events.

I even got awesome light dimmers for my family room and everything.

I am going to put a ticket in to the main devs for a feature request to implement playback events with DLNA.

Can you guys up vote the request to help me out?

Also, I have learned that each scene is set to a room and has to be iterated for our scene editing page. Right now it Only reads one room.

I wouldn't have figured it out, but I now have two room with zwave lighting and right now the plugin only lists one room at a time.

I have to fix that.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Xzener

Chef,

Does the server know when a DLNA device/client has started?? Reason I ask is because I too have an Xbone, I'd like to simply turn on/off lights when the Xbox has powered on/off. Is this possible with the app right now??

chef

Chef,

Does the server know when a DLNA device/client has started?? Reason I ask is because I too have an Xbone, I'd like to simply turn on/off lights when the Xbox has powered on/off. Is this possible with the app right now??

Yes the server knows when a Xbox one has logged into an account.

So in other words, you would have to start DLNA Emby through Xbox One Media player, in order to have the device show up in the server.

But the server won't raise events after that.

I think this is a serious matter that we should take up with the main developers. We needs to know if some of these functions are possible and on a road map of development, or if we have to wait for the Xbox one emby app to be released.

@@Luke I know you are a busy guy but could you please read this particular entry in this thread and possibly comment.

Edited by chef

Latchmor

Hi @@chef, just so you know Luke doesn't get @ 'ed posts anymore. I think because he almost scans all posts  :blink: so if you're desperate you'd need to PM him.

Cheers

• Like 1

chef

Hi @@chef, just so you know Luke doesn't get @ 'ed posts anymore. I think because he almost scans all posts :blink: so if you're desperate you'd need to PM him.

Cheers

Hopefully he reads this one. Maybe I will just pm him the link here.

the events you're using are the correct ones. there's nothing special you need to do with dlna devices.

chef

Sweet so we got an answer which is great!

DLNA should raise the events we need xzener.

I will go back and see where I have made a mistake, and see what we can get going with Xbox one.

Xzener

Well, no. I was hoping the server saw she I powered on the Xbone. I don't use it for Emby playback. It's ok... No big deal.

Edited by Xzener

Vidman

Well, no. I was hoping the server saw she I powered on the Xbone. I don't use it for Emby playback. It's ok... No big deal.

There is a wol/ping plugin for vera that you could use to tell when the xbone connects to your LAN as a possible work around

chef

There is a wol/ping plugin for vera that you could use to tell when the xbone connects to your LAN as a possible work around

This would be cool! Then we could tie it into the plugin interface.

Xzener

Done. BRILLIANT!!! Thanks Vidman!! A bit of a delay when turning off, no big deal. It works, I'm happy.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

techywarrior

Congrats Chef. I guess you figured out some more jQuery since you didn't PM me a cry for help last week :)

• Like 1

chef

What about some Fibaro - HC 2 integration ? :D

Let me research it and I will get back to you.

Do you have any information site you could pass along?