Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

22 minutes ago, gmontem said:

I installed Emby Server onto a new Windows server. I then installed the Vera plugin. After restarting the Emby Server, the Emby Server crashed.

It looks like the Vera plugin is making a request to my VeraSecure's port 3480 which is probably closed. My browser receives a connection reset error when I try to navigate to http://192.168.11.224:3480/data_request?id=sdata. Is there something I need to setup from my Vera's web frontend to get this work? I tried re-installing the "Emby Interface" app for Vera, but that didn't help.

I attached the server log and the Vera plugin's XML file.

embyserver.txt 19.29 kB · 0 downloads VeraHomeAutomation.xml 271 B · 1 download

Looks like the way you access ports has changed after some Vera FW release. This request works with my Vera FW:

http://192.168.11.224/port_3480/data_request?id=sdata

4 hours ago, gmontem said:

I installed Emby Server onto a new Windows server. I then installed the Vera plugin. After restarting the Emby Server, the Emby Server crashed.

It looks like the Vera plugin is making a request to my VeraSecure's port 3480 which is probably closed. My browser receives a connection reset error when I try to navigate to http://192.168.11.224:3480/data_request?id=sdata. Is there something I need to setup from my Vera's web frontend to get this work? I tried re-installing the "Emby Interface" app for Vera, but that didn't help.

I attached the server log and the Vera plugin's XML file.

embyserver.txt 19.29 kB · 0 downloads VeraHomeAutomation.xml 271 B · 1 download

@gmontem 

Did you manually change the port and url settings for your Vera in the dashboard?

EDIT: There are some setting in your Vera to enable secure connection.

I'll do some testing and see if I can fix this.

Edited by chef

6 hours ago, chef said:

@gmontem

Would you try un-checking this setting in your vera dashboard and tell me if the issue goes away.

veraexample.png

Unchecking the setting seems to work!

Web browser navigating to 

http://192.168.11.224:3480/data_request?id=sdata

gives me JSON data.

It turns out this address still works regardless of security setting:

Something to consider in case the Vera guys decide to close ports in a future FW update.

But most important, your Vera plugin works!

image.thumb.png.db1f990e2ea8dbb33cf2a33075ab61be.png

Although I have a Vera Secure model and not the Vera Plus.

I will try to turn on my HTPC and run MB Theater so it'll show up as a network device. If you don't hear from me, you can assume my problems are gone.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmontem said:

Unchecking the setting seems to work!

Web browser navigating to 

http://192.168.11.224:3480/data_request?id=sdata

gives me JSON data.

It turns out this address still works regardless of security setting:

Something to consider in case the Vera guys decide to close ports in a future FW update.

But most important, your Vera plugin works!

image.thumb.png.db1f990e2ea8dbb33cf2a33075ab61be.png

Although I have a Vera Secure model and not the Vera Plus.

I will try to turn on my HTPC and run MB Theater so it'll show up as a network device. If you don't hear from me, you can assume my problems are gone.

Thanks!

Is there a way to give me the device type serial for a Vera secure? I was collecting device types and coding them into a list inside the plugin.

I hadn't met anyone with a secure version, so this is why it says "plus".

• 4 months later...
Vidman

using Chrome browser with emby server 4.5.4.0 running on a freenas server the plugin settings page is non functional.... nothing appears in any dropdown selector

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, Vidman said:

using Chrome browser with emby server 4.5.4.0 running on a freenas server the plugin settings page is non functional.... nothing appears in any dropdown selector

I'll see what's up. 

Vidman

i have all these options unchecked, does upnp need to be enabled(checked)?

On 2/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, chef said:

@Vidman

Can you please try unchecking this option in the vera dashboard and then see if the ui loads up okay

image.png.8e366004ee26c8487c877fc119b554a5.png

18 hours ago, Vidman said:

i have all these options unchecked, does upnp need to be enabled(checked)?

@Vidman I'll have to check that. 

The plugin is just making requests to the vera device through it's api. 

in the affected browser, could you try this url and see if the vera device is return "OK"

"http://YOUR_CONTROLLER_IP:3480/data_request?id=alive"

Edited by chef

Vidman
14 hours ago, chef said:

@Vidman I'll have to check that. 

The plugin is just making requests to the vera device through it's api. 

in the affected browser, could you try this url and see if the vera device is return "OK"

"http://YOUR_CONTROLLER_IP:3480/data_request?id=alive"

The Vera returns "OK" if i replace YOUR_CONTROLLER_IP  with my actual Vera ip address

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vidman said:

The Vera returns "OK" if i replace YOUR_CONTROLLER_IP  with my actual Vera ip address

Okay,  I'm looking into it further.

18 hours ago, Vidman said:

@chef Next issue: I'm only able to have 2 devices configured

What are the devices you aren't able to configure?

Keep in mind that we can't really differentiate between browsers because they change their ID's all the time.

You should definitely be able to have more then two.

Vidman

@chef ok so i set up a couple of dummy Vera scenes that toggle a dummy Vera virtual switch and setup your plugin to run the scenes when watching on my mobile (android mobile app). that worked fine. then  i set another device up (nvidia sheild-android TV app) and when saving that configuration it deleted my first trial device. (android mobile app) so i re-added the mobile trial settings and it deleted my other device(nvidia sheild android TV app) settings. so it seems i can only have two devices saved (the other is the original device that was originally already setup)

To be clear I am able to configure and save these settings ....and they work until I add a 3rd device, then the 3rd device is saved and works but the 2nd device is removed and no longer works

Edited by Vidman

2 hours ago, Vidman said:

@chef ok so i set up a couple of dummy Vera scenes that toggle a dummy Vera virtual switch and setup your plugin to run the scenes when watching on my mobile (android mobile app). that worked fine. then  i set another device up (nvidia sheild-android TV app) and when saving that configuration it deleted my first trial device. (android mobile app) so i re-added the mobile trial settings and it deleted my other device(nvidia sheild android TV app) settings. so it seems i can only have two devices saved (the other is the original device that was originally already setup)

To be clear I am able to configure and save these settings ....and they work until I add a 3rd device, then the 3rd device is saved and works but the 2nd device is removed and no longer works

Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks!

@Vidman I went through the code and found some problematic stuff.  I have pushed a new release.

This was the first plugin I had ever written, so... the code is old, and when I read, it I wonder what in the world I was thinking at the time.

Realizing that my skill has advanced substantially, I think this plugin needs an entire overhaul.

For now I believe I have fixed the issue with saving device profiles for now. But please let me know. I have tested it, and haven't found an issue.... (means nothing LOL).

I do plan on rewriting this thing. It probably won't look very different on the outside, but it will be better over all in the future.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank again for letting me know about this stuff.

Vidman

well after updating to the new release i can now have 3 devices showing, but it seems the one i set up to test isn't triggering the scenes (Android mobile app) i will not be able the check the other two devices until i fly home in a few hours. 

curiously after i updated to the latest release i noticed my previous 2 devices has disappeared, was this expected?

1 hour ago, Vidman said:

well after updating to the new release i can now have 3 devices showing, but it seems the one i set up to test isn't triggering the scenes (Android mobile app) i will not be able the check the other two devices until i fly home in a few hours. 

curiously after i updated to the latest release i noticed my previous 2 devices has disappeared, was this expected?

Ah crap! Its buggy AF. Hold on, I have to figure out what is happening.

I pushed another fix. I would remove any saved devices from the list, and recreate them.

They should stick, and not duplicate. 

Edited by chef

Vidman

installed 1.0.3.7 and restarted emby and still no devices are triggering scenes. deleted the 3 devices and reconfigured then again and still they are not triggering scenes

4 hours ago, Vidman said:

installed 1.0.3.7 and restarted emby and still no devices are triggering scenes. deleted the 3 devices and reconfigured then again and still they are not triggering scenes

inside: "/Emby-Server/applicationdata/Plugins/configuration" folder  there is a VeraHomeAutomation.xml file (this is the configuration xml)

please send me a copy of that xml, and a log file from when you tried playback.

not sure if you are using EmbyIntros, but we ignore intros, and only run the scene when the actual media item starts playing.

Edited by chef