Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

gmontem

I sent you two PMs with two sets of log files, one with debug logging off, and the other set with it enabled.

I don't know what happened but after attempting to get logs with debug logging on, I noticed the Emby Devices list was finally populated. This is with your test plugin.

Having that interface app from Vera is okay. I'm using it too and it causes no issues. There is something else happening here.

Can you PM me some log files of your server loading?

Edited by gmontem
  • Like 1

chef

That's good news.

The newest version if the plugin is really quite different.

It has been completely reworked.

chef

Great News! I'm releasing a new version of this plugin!

There are a whole lot of new upgrades to the logic. 

It follows closely to the other plugins in the catalog.

Here are some screen shots:

5cedc84661231_veraHome1.png

5cedc85912b54_veraHome12png.png

5cedc8eb44304_veraHome3.png

Really excited about this releases!

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

BillOatman

I'm doing something similar with Hue regarding using scenes.  I see you have different ones for paused and unpaused which is a pretty cool idea :)  

• Like 1

chef

I'm doing something similar with Hue regarding using scenes.  I see you have different ones for paused and unpaused which is a pretty cool idea :)  

@@BillOatman

Here is how the pause events are wired up :)

public static void CurrentPlaybackProgress(object sender, PlaybackProgressEventArgs e)
        {
            var config = new PluginConfiguration();
            foreach (SessionInfo session in from session in SessionManager.Sessions 
                                            from device in config.SavedDeviceProfiles 
                                            where device.Name.Equals(session.DeviceName) && device.AppName.Equals(session.Client) 
                                            select session)
            {
                switch (session.PlayState.IsPaused)
                {
                    case true:

PlaybackPaused(e);

break;

case false:

PlaybackUnPaused(e);

break;
                }
            }
        }

The device in the Linq expression is one the user creates. Each time the Progress event is fired it looks for Paused Sessions and then compares info to saved profile data.

There is a 'gottcha' there! notice 'AppName' and 'Client' are being compared. Sessions call the AppName: 'Client', while other parts of the API call the Client: 'AppName'!  LOL! 

That switch statement calls the appropriate subroutine and it gets passed the EventArguments. PlaybackPaused(e) and PlaybackUnPaused(e).

The rest of the logic is handled in those subroutine functions.

Edited by chef

• 2 weeks later...
jasonwilliams

Hi All,

Here was my experience:

1. Installed plugin.  Devices populated

2. Created profile. 

3. Decided to start over - deleted profile.

4. Devices would not populate

5. Uninstalled plugin

6. Reinstalled plugin.  Devices populated

7. Created profile.

In short, it seems to have something to do with profiles.

Hope this helps!

• 10 months later...
PrincessClevage

Hi Chef,

The Vera home automation plugin has stopped working and when I click on “saved profile” it doesn’t show any setting.

Edited by PrincessClevage

chef

Hi Chef,

The Vera home automation plugin has stopped working and when I click on “saved profile” it doesn’t show any setting.

I'll check it out right away.

Are you on a beta version of emby?

chef

@@PrincessClevage

Can you do me a favor? Could you open developer tools in the browser, and click on the console tab.

Then try selecting the saved Profile and tell me what the error is in the console? It's definitely a UI thing, I just need to know what it is.

I can't seem to reproduce this on my end. :)

PrincessClevage

@@PrincessClevage

Can you do me a favor? Could you open developer tools in the browser, and click on the console tab.

Then try selecting the saved Profile and tell me what the error is in the console? It's definitely a UI thing, I just need to know what it is.

I can't seem to reproduce this on my end. :)

I can not see any error in development tool but the profile would not open while I had development tools open but I have performed some additional troubleshooting and found that the problem lies within the time restrictions setting I.e:

When I set a client profile for movie actions with no time restrictions the automation works but when I add a time restrictions nothing works, also when I delete the time entry the profile still does not work, I then tried deletion of the whole profile and create a new profiles and this still did not work so I deleted the profile again and then checked the config directory and the xml was still present with the profile details I just deleted. I then manually deleted the xml, restarted emby server which created a new blank xml then created a profile with no time restrictions and works again. Below are a couple of photos showing the profile with no icon, and showing after I select the profile no previous settings are presented

76b62f3474880ed3e8ae32c356693c05.jpg

7452de5f21e48d22fec47bf64698797e.jpg

chef

I have code fixes I'll submit tonight. I'm not exactly sure what happened. But I reworked done stuff. The code was old and it needed some updates.

• Like 1

chef

@@PrincessClevage Did you know that the "Save" button is actually different for each media type in the dialog? 

For instance, when you set Movies for a device, you must press save and then go to TV, set it up, and then press save.

this seems like a bad way to do this, and it needs to be changed.  Could this be the problem you are experiencing?

PrincessClevage

Possibly as each time I click save it takes me back to the plugin view and I have to enter the profile again. But the problem still remains that when I enter the saved profile no setting for movie are displayed but they are listed correctly in the xml. Are you able to repeat this on your system?

Edited by PrincessClevage

chef

I think the XML is corrupt.

I have a new version here, but what happens if you remove the config XML file from the configuration folder and restart the server?

Edited by chef

PrincessClevage

I think the XML is corrupt.

I have a new version here, but what happens if you remove the config XML file from the configuration folder and restart the server?

I have updated the dll and same tests with the same results unfortunately, even after deleting the xml. Is this reproducible on your system?

• 4 months later...

I installed Emby Server onto a new Windows server. I then installed the Vera plugin. After restarting the Emby Server, the Emby Server crashed.

It looks like the Vera plugin is making a request to my VeraSecure's port 3480 which is probably closed. My browser receives a connection reset error when I try to navigate to http://192.168.11.224:3480/data_request?id=sdata. Is there something I need to setup from my Vera's web frontend to get this work? I tried re-installing the "Emby Interface" app for Vera, but that didn't help.

I attached the server log and the Vera plugin's XML file.

embyserver.txt VeraHomeAutomation.xml