Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

Hey @@MEB

I figured out how to have you doorbell trigger emby playback.

But Vera is wierd because it actually polls each device in its plugins (in real time too).

So, I was thinking I would poll a particular device during playback.

This means that when a media item starts its going to keep checking your doorbell every second for a trigger.

But, I don't know the actual stress this going to have in your network, or how it would imped streaming. Let's give it a shot.

I am close. I don't think my network could handle it, but I will mark the option as experimental.

Sounds good, ill give it a shot later.

You know how I said it was working great... well its been acting weird where ill be watching something and randomly my lights will start to turn on, its acting like emby gave vera the show stopped command. It usually happens after in the show im watching a scene transition so the screen is total black or its happening after a scene break in emby like when skipping through the thumbnails maybe emby is throwing a stopped code. Just some thoughts, maybe have the plugin wait a little longer before thinking its stopped. For now I just pause and unpause to turn the lights off again.

fantaxp7

That is disappointing

@@fantaxp7 could you click this link and see that the MiCasaVerde Server are returning your device information.

.https://vera-us-oem-authd.mios.com/locator/locator/locator

{"Devices":[{"PK_Device":35010886,"MacAddress":"00:0e:8f:d2:e6:e4","PK_DeviceType":1,"PK_DeviceSubType":2,"Server_Device":"vera-us-oem-device11.mios.com","Server_Event":"vera-us-oem-event11.mios.com","PK_Account":325542,"Server_Account":"vera-us-oem-account11.mios.com","InternalIP":"172.30.11.17","LastAliveReported":"2016-02-01 14:14:05","Platform":"MiCasaVerde%20VeraLite"}]}

The "InternallIP" is the local address of the vera. 

I have found the problem! @@fantaxp7

MiCasaVerde have added "Platform" to their UI7 class structure. 

However, it now begs the question:  why does it not affect anyone else's VeraLite Device Info fetching?

In any Case, I'll add that Property to the Class system, and I bet it fixes it right up.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

@@fantaxp7

Please download this version of the DLL below. Add it to the Plugin folder and restart the server.

If all goes well it will work.

If not you will be presented with a popup message which has an error code.

I'll need that error info, if I can please.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

fantaxp7

@@fantaxp7

Please download this version of the DLL below. Add it to the Plugin folder and restart the server.

If all goes well it will work.

If not you will be presented with a popup message which has an error code.

I'll need that error info, if I can please.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

Hey Chef,

Hate to say it nothing new. No message pop up.

Thanks 

Edited by fantaxp7

If the configuration XML isn't even being generated, then the plugin isn't loading when the server starts for you.

okay @@fantaxp7 would you mind sending me a log report from the server after you have started with the  vera plugin installed.

There is plugin logging in the server log. 

fantaxp7

okay @@fantaxp7 would you mind sending me a log report from the server after you have started with the  vera plugin installed.

There is plugin logging in the server log. 

I restarted, here is the log. 

I should mention since using your attached plugin, I haven't had an XML. I uninstalled my version and saw that the XML was still there so I got rid of it. Installed yours and no XML.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkck8wowq73lrrf/server-63590045072.txt?dl=0

Sorry to ask this of you @@fantaxp7 but the plugin DLL didn't load in that copy of the server log. Not sure why...

Could you post another one.

I will get this sorted out.

Well, after looking at this log, I can see that there are dependancies that the plugin needs from a Windows operating system. Sorry, but I am not sure freeBSD is going to run it.

How were you running the plugin before? Was it in a Windows environment?

Edited by chef

Sounds good, ill give it a shot later.

You know how I said it was working great... well its been acting weird where ill be watching something and randomly my lights will start to turn on, its acting like emby gave vera the show stopped command. It usually happens after in the show im watching a scene transition so the screen is total black or its happening after a scene break in emby like when skipping through the thumbnails maybe emby is throwing a stopped code. Just some thoughts, maybe have the plugin wait a little longer before thinking its stopped. For now I just pause and unpause to turn the lights off again.

Any ideas why the lights randomly turn on? Any logs you need?

fantaxp7

Well, after looking at this log, I can see that there are dependancies that the plugin needs from a Windows operating system. Sorry, but I am not sure freeBSD is going to run it.

How were you running the plugin before? Was it in a Windows environment?

When it was working, my server was previously on a windows machine.

I wonder if some of these dependencies are available with mono...could you possibly list what they are? Maybe the guys in the Linux area could help me out. Would be unfortunate if the plugin turned out to the Windows only, but certainly understandable. 

Thanks 

I started a new thread over in the API section of the community in hopes that someone with more knowledge will chime in and direct me to a solution.

What is interesting is how FreeBSD runs mscorlib.

But, System.Net namespace doesn't seem to be in the mscorlib, which would be a huge deal for this plugin.

I have hopes that we will find an answer.

• Like 1

Any ideas why the lights randomly turn on? Any logs you need?

@@MEB Just to confirm, are you playing a bunch of media items in succession? Do the lights turn on between items? Example: going from episode one to episode two?

Edited by chef

When it was working, my server was previously on a windows machine.

I wonder if some of these dependencies are available with mono...could you possibly list what they are? Maybe the guys in the Linux area could help me out. Would be unfortunate if the plugin turned out to the Windows only, but certainly understandable.

Thanks

Definitely the system.net namespace. But according to some online info, it isn't available, but is being worked on...

GlennNZ

Hi,

No experience in FreeBsd and port dependency issues - but your post in Dev forum does contain System.Net.WebRequest and WebResponse

Could you change code to:

Imports System.Net.HttpWebRequest
Imports System.Net.HttpWebResponse

&&

Public Shared Function GetStream(url As String) As String
            'GetStream = String.Empty
            Try
                Dim request As System.Net.HttpWebRequest =
                        DirectCast(System.Net.WebRequest.Create(url), 
                                   System.Net.HttpWebRequest)

Still not sure whether this is issue though:

- Is Mono Installed?  Because I would wonder whether that is the issue.

http://www.mono-project.com/archived/monofreebsd/

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ