Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

chef
Lol! Woof!

Xzener, are you using session started event args?

Things might not be stable I agree. That is the exact behaviour I was asking fantaxp7 about.

It is random. I have to find how it is happening.

Edit: pause and u pause events are getting triggered randomly. Argh! I wasn't going to... But... Redshirt wrote a pause and unpause event in one of his plugins. I think I will use his code.

Hope that is okay @@Redshirt where ever you are...

The logs are in the server log for this day.

You'll have to open the log in notepad and "find" VeraHomeAutomation.

Would you like a log to be separate?

Edited by chef

chef

@@Xzener,

Holy Geez,

dude I feel kinda stupid...

each time Progress is sent from the Server it raises the PlaybackProgressEventArgs.

We take that event and record the amount of ticks that have passed in playback and save the number to a variable.

If the amount of ticks equals the last record,  then we know that the media has been paused... (Otherwise it would be more) ... you follow me?

But, what I didn't do is reset the variable to "0" when a new media item started. 

So, as it would stand...

Our conditions to calculate events would always return untrue.  These events wouldn't fire after starting another movie (like you reported), and also, when the movie run-time ticks finally caught up to the variable, it would probably flash lights and do some really weird stuff.

And so,  I think this fixes it:

(I don't seem to be having any issue...)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

Vicpa

Hi Chef

The server log is fine.

Be a trend setter, :)  Put it in a generic Plugins log. In my opinion there is already way to much in the "server" log.  If there was a separate Plugins log maybe the other dev's would move their logging there as they update their stuff. It would make it easier to trouble shoot and verify after debugging etc if all log entries add value. Granularity of logs is important as the Emby eco-system continues to grow. 

Anyway just my opinion Real nice work on the plugin!!

Thanks

-vicpa

chef

Hi Chef

Be a trend setter, :) Put it in a generic Plugins log. In my opinion there is already way to much in the "server" log. If there was a separate Plugins log maybe the other dev's would move their logging there as they update their stuff. It would make it easier to trouble shoot and verify after debugging etc if all log entries add value. Granularity of logs is important as the Emby eco-system continues to grow.

Anyway just my opinion Real nice work on the plugin!!

Thanks

-vicpa

I agree. I am going to move. The logs today into something separate.

I was having a heck of a time trying to find our plugin reports in the server logs.

Especially after cover art has logged several hundred lines. Lol!

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

I still experience a weird flashing of lights during initial playback starting.

Fixing it...

Edited by chef

chef

I am going to put the plugin back into the catalogue today, unless anyone has anything to report :)

Edited by chef

Vicpa

Hi Chef

I noticed a couple of things, don't seem to be show stoppers,

1) If you refresh devices after the initial browser refresh, the devices appear in the list multiple times.

2) The win8 app doesn't appear as a device. Have no idea why?

3) Saw this error in the server log. I have the plugin installed but haven't setup any devices or scene triggers yet. Don't know if it is important.

2015-04-21 07:32:45.7500 Error - SessionManager: Error in event handler
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.0.5588.0
 Command line: C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
 Processor count: 4
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: False
 Program data path: C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
 Application Path: C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Nullable object must have a value.
 System.InvalidOperationException
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Nullable`1.get_Value()
    at VeraSmartHomeAutomation.MediaBrowser.MediaBrowserEventArgs.PlaybackStarted(Object sender, PlaybackProgressEventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Events.EventHelper.<>c__DisplayClass6`1.<QueueEventIfNotNull>b__4()

Here is the plugin log Nice!!

VeraHomeAutomation.txt

Maybe down the line @@Luke can have the server initialize a generic plugin log with appropriate server details, versions etc, that you can have your plugin write to.

I hate to be anal but you seem to take suggestions in the spirit they are offered :) You may want to classify the log entries as info, debug, error, etc. the above section from the server log seems like the template that is being used for errors, Sure you are already thinking of that.

Thanks Chef!!

chef

Thank you very much Vicpa.

I will edit the logs accordingly.

Does the error that gets thrown in the server logs breaks e plugin?

The reason I ask is that, it would seem that the error is caused when playback of a client starts, but no playback events have been chosen In our scene editor. I think.

Thanks again,

Edited by chef

Vicpa

Hi,

Not sure need to test more. But you are correct. That is the scenario. Playback happens in the above played LiveTV in theatre , but no playback events selected.

I gave you a plug (pun intended :) ) on Ian's site.http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2015/04/20/z-wave-immersion-heater-project-home-automation-with-vera/

-vicpa

• Like 1

chef

I think what I will do is wrap the entire sub rouine in a try and catch. It may not be the most professional answer but it will stop the error from surfacing in the server logs. If it isn't breaking anything then it probably isn't important... {cringe}...

I will try to speak with the windows 8 app developer and figure out why that device isn't showing up in the list as well.

I also have noticed the duplication of devices in the selection box when the refresh button is pressed.

chef

Final go before we put it back into the catalog.

- I fixed the Vera logs being filled with irrelevant scene information.

This also fixed issues where irrelevant scene requests were being executed to the Vera Device, and causing server log errors. 

- Fixed duplicate names in the Device list in the configuration after the refresh button was pressed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

TODO:

- Add types to Logging

---------

It isn't in this version, but I have a beta which has some cool properties.

- You can choose certain times of the day when playback events won't trigger scenes.

- You can auto-update device information.

Works best for devices like web browsers (ie. Google pushes new versions  of Chrome and your Vera won't trigger events because the device ids/names don't match what      is saved). This is very experimental.

fantaxp7

I have a notice for an update to vera plugin. I update and have been told to restart. I have done so about 3 times and the message is still there.

FYI I did not remove after it was removed from catalog. Maybe that is my problem? 

chef

I also experienced the restart button not going away.

This is weird.

I will also attempt a fresh install and see if it helps.

If you loook into the plugin folder is there a rogue file there with no extention called "Vera Home Automation"?

Edited by chef

fantaxp7

I also experienced the restart button not going away.

This is weird.

I will also attempt a fresh install and see if it helps.

If you loook into the plugin folder is there a rogue file there with no extention called "Vera Home Automation"?

Yes there is. 

fantaxp7

I just deleted that and the .dll. No restart message after re-installing. However, no .dll file, just the blank file....

Edited by fantaxp7

chef

You mean the admin site is loading a blank file your plugin folder?

That isn't good.

Edited by chef

chef

I fixed it @@fantaxp7

The extension was missing from the Target file. I guess that is what I get from using the crappy version of XP at my work space.

• Like 1

Xzener

Chef, sorry... Been upgrading to W8.1 in my theater. Its been quite the ordeal. I can confirm the app is working well. Better than it was in W7, but cant say if that were due to your recent progress/updates. Well done, keep up the great work. The tile looks great btw, nice job.

• Like 1

BrettM

Hi All,

Will the addon work with any zwave  product ? or is it designed for Vera Home Automation only?, I'm from Australia so would need to see if Vera is available here,I think the most popular in Australia is Insteon.

Would be great if something for Insteon was available as well.

Thank would appreciate and feedback

Regards

Brett

Vidman

It is available in Australia, but the range of ZWave products available for this region is quite limited compared to the US

Edited by Vidman