Pass through audio?

Jvtm

Just got the new app! Going to try it out later and get back with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
bret1958

Audio pass-through to HDMI, on native Blu Ray on win 10 a no go here, Is this or will it be possible I see no settings, options. Running out of choices for a Passable Win10 player.. that will pass on HD Audio and not trans-code. I have read the above thread but it mostly references MKV's. Thanks for any info.

Deathsquirrel

Audio pass-through to HDMI, on native Blu Ray on win 10 a no go here, Is this or will it be possible I see no settings, options. Running out of choices for a Passable Win10 player.. that will pass on HD Audio and not trans-code. I have read the above thread but it mostly references MKV's. Thanks for any info.

If you're talking blu ray folder rips without transcoding then your best bet is probably Theater or classic.  That's a format with very limited support.

bret1958

If you're talking blu ray folder rips without transcoding then your best bet is probably Theater or classic.  That's a format with very limited support.

Yes that is what I am talking about, Old school folder copies. Original format. No Trans-coding, or playing a degraded stream. Kinda defeats the purpose of a Home Theater. Thanks Look like I will be waiting along time.

Deathsquirrel

Yes that is what I am talking about, Old school folder copies. Original format. No Trans-coding, or playing a degraded stream. Kinda defeats the purpose of a Home Theater. Thanks Look like I will be waiting along time.

Not my decision as I'm not a dev, but given the dwindling support for that firmat in general you'll likely be waiting forever.  I'd really recommend converting those to MKVs.  There is no need to lose any audio or video tracks.  You can keep all the same data in a format that's widely compatible.

FrostByte

Agree with DS.  I passthru the main video and audio from iso into a mkv file and lose nothing as far as quality.  The app streams it to my HTS/TV with no issues

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...