Android Client - Release Candidate

CBers

elshagon

using the internal player.  Also tried it with HLS enabled and disabled, no difference.  Not even sure what HLS is?  

Edited by elshagon

Redshirt

@@elshagon I've seen your logs. I've hidden the post as I couldn't find a way to delete the logs and they contain your external IP address.

elshagon

@@elshagon I've seen your logs. I've hidden the post as I couldn't find a way to delete the logs and they contain your external IP address.

Thanks Redshirt, I was wondering about that as well.  Next time I guess I should PM them.  Hope to figure out why its not playing, probably something on my end but can't figure it out.

elshagon

So I was able to test this some more today and here's what I found.  

1.  At a restaurant connected to their wifi my media streamed fine

2.  Outside the restaurant on 3G my media wouldn't play, each time returning to the overview page

3.  Went to an area with 4G and had the same results as 3G, my media wouldn't play.  I ran a speedtest on 4G and got 28.95 Mpbs down and 9.94 Mpbs up, so there should not be any problem with the speed

So for me right now I seem to only be able to stream when connected to WiFi whether I be at home or on the road.  I'm on the Sprint network using the HTC 4G LTE.

Redshirt

I'm not sure what's going on yet. The logs you showed me yesterday indicated that the client had sent the playback request. I can't remember if the server log was only partial but there was no indication the server received the request. The server seemed to receive every other request otherwise you wouldn't be that f ar into the ui... may need to add more logging.

snake98

I would like to make a request  for basic finger jesters. fastforwad and rerewind. 

Example when your watching a show and you want to skip the intro, swip the finger from left to right.

1/4 will fast forward 30 sedoncs,

1/2 screen when be 1 minite

full streen would be 2 min,

and simulare for reverse on right to left

full screen 1 min,

1/2 30 sec

1/4 10 sec

and if you get time :-) up and down on the left and screen can control volume :-)

Thanks great program

Concept211

I would like to make a request  for basic finger jesters. fastforwad and rerewind. 

Example when your watching a show and you want to skip the intro, swip the finger from left to right.

1/4 will fast forward 30 sedoncs,

1/2 screen when be 1 minite

full streen would be 2 min,

and simulare for reverse on right to left

full screen 1 min,

1/2 30 sec

1/4 10 sec

and if you get time :-) up and down on the left and screen can control volume :-)

Thanks great program

+1 on the above request!  They are the same functions as the MX Player which is fantastic!

Redshirt

Interesting... There's other things that I feel are more important than that right now. Such as finishing remote-play for music & Chapters support. 

Have to see how strong public demand is for this.