Android Client - Release Candidate

CBers

Redshirt

program has already crashed twice while I was setting it up. Froze up and had to Force Stop it to exit. To find it on the Play Store I put it on my wishlist on the link provided here and then could find it on my phone.

The fact that it is not visible has already been discussed in this thread above. There are now two releases on the play store, the initial release and an update. Until I know what version you are running, what You were doing when it crashed, what screens were visible; I won't have enough information to troubleshoot the problem. Android client logs would be helpful.

Edited by Redshirt

Having troubles finding it in the store.  Searched for Mediabrowser etc but not seeing it.  What's the secret?

I'm wondering if the Play Store search terms are cached. Would make sense that they are. If they are it might take a day or so for it to start showing up in the search results. 

Having troubles finding it in the store. Searched for Mediabrowser etc but not seeing it. What's the secret?

use the link in this thread

Redshirt

I think gcw07 is right. It'll probably be a few days before it's searchable on the store.

Tu6Ga6El.png

I see the same thing with the play version. It's when you get to this screen, and click to manage.

Redshirt

Ah bugger. Google forced me to change the namespace of my app and I missed that one reference to the old namespace. Fixed for tonight's update

Redshirt

Just pushed my first post-rtm fixes. If all goes well anyone who's already installed the RTM version will  see the update within 2 hours

CBers

MediaBrowser Android client is now in the play store

The play store link is here.

I can access the app in the play store via your link, but I can't find it if I search for MediaBrowser Android client.

Not sure if it's location specific.

Edited by CBers

Redshirt

MediaBrowser Android client is now in the play store

I'll write a full blog post about it this evening and provide thoughts as to where the client is going to go from here in terms of features and such.

The play store link is here.

I'd like to thank everybody for being a part of this ride. I've had a blast and I hope you guys have too. Auto-update here we come :)

All beta/RC users must uninstall this client before installing from the store. Release apps are signed with a different security key than dev builds and the installer will complain if you try to install over top of the RC.

• Like 5

I've had no issue with the beta, bought the app. Won't launch!! :'(

Uninstalled rebooted. Reinstalled. No dice...

It cant be found in the store either. UK user.

Redshirt

let me see a client log for the failed launch.

Redshirt

Redshirt

Yep same, sorry for my ignorance. How do I get logs if app won't launch? Never had any issues before so I haven't needed to look at logs!!

COBpcnIl.png

log of above crash: http://paste2.org/bKMvEY20

Somehow this has to be related to the missing/upcoming shows. I see now, the missing shows in my season folder. The problem is, if I am missing an entire season, every episode of it, the season doesn't show that it exists, missing or otherwise. Only the seasons for which I have episodes show, and then inside these it shows missing only? This is not the way the web client behaves. Is this normal?

CBers

All beta/RC users must uninstall this client before installing from the store. Release apps are signed with a different security key than dev builds and the installer will complain if you try to install over top of the RC.

When will the latest RC expire please ??

Redshirt

COBpcnIl.png

log of above crash: http://paste2.org/bKMvEY20

Somehow this has to be related to the missing/upcoming shows. I see now, the missing shows in my season folder. The problem is, if I am missing an entire season, every episode of it, the season doesn't show that it exists, missing or otherwise. Only the seasons for which I have episodes show, and then inside these it shows missing only? This is not the way the web client behaves. Is this normal?

I know what both issues are. I'll take care of them tonight