Android Client - Release Candidate

CBers

Google doesn't have a certification process?  No wonder there is so much unworking crap on play store.  Too bad Google doesn't follow Apple in that regard.

Too bad Google doesn't follow Apple in that regard.

I am glad they don't. That said I think there should at least be some sort of certification process meaning that you get a certified tag or something on the app.

Redshirt

Google doesn't have a certification process?  No wonder there is so much unworking crap on play store.  Too bad Google doesn't follow Apple in that regard.

I agree, the store is also full of malware because there is no process. Google removes stuff if someone reports copyright violations, viruses etc etc. Unfortunately the damage is already done before an item is removed. 

CBers

@@CBers @@jmelan (and others)

Turns out the switch resetting issue is a google bug. Not me :D I'll implement the workaround for RC3.

Thanks Redshirt.

Strange more people haven't reported it here.

Edited by CBers

I agree, the store is also full of malware because there is no process. Google removes stuff if someone reports copyright violations, viruses etc etc. Unfortunately the damage is already done before an item is removed. 

Personally I love that google is open.  Hate Apples closed down itunes store only ways. all of your Betas and RCs aren't possible on my daughters iPad unless I jailbreak it or you went with test flight.   

Apple Suck, Google Rocks :-)  (not a flame at the apple fans, the iStuff does have advantages

and btw.   your app rules, thank you

Xzener

Love your picture of how it will look in the Play Store... Can't wait for automatic updates of your amazing app. Keep up the great work Red.

Love your picture of how it will look in the Play Store.

That is a screen shot of the play store not artists interpretation.

On the latest RC with my new Nexus 5, which the app flies on by the way.

- Seeing 0.null for season zero episodes with no episode number.

- Next Up seems a little tightly packed. The bold text has some top padding which prevents the top of the text from lining up horizontally with the top of the image.  Also, I personally would use series name as the bold text, because as my eyes are scanning (not reading), I'm not really sure what i'm looking at.  If I slow down and read then of course it's fine as it is.

Personally, I would consider a Resume-style layout for next up, using Series name as the first line, and then "Season 4, Ep. 3" as the second line. That will make the episode image bigger and then I can always click through to read the overview. But that's potentially just a matter of taste.

in other news, if you have a new (2013) device with a high end screen, it's unbelievable how colorful, sharp and crisp this app looks on it. it really is something to look at.

Redshirt

On the latest RC with my new Nexus 5, which the app flies on by the way.

- Next Up seems a little tightly packed. The bold text has some top padding which prevents the top of the text from lining up horizontally with the top of the image.  Also, I personally would use series name as the bold text, because as my eyes are scanning (not reading), I'm not really sure what i'm looking at.  If I slow down and read then of course it's fine as it is.

Personally, I would consider a Resume-style layout for next up, using Series name as the first line, and then "Season 4, Ep. 3" as the second line. That will make the episode image bigger and then I can always click through to read the overview. But that's potentially just a matter of taste.

1. I'll fix the null text. Thanks. 

2. The top line of text is too hard to line up with the top of the image. CoverArt and Stark treatments mean I have no way of knowing what the visually perceived top of the image actually is.

It's not a big deal for me to change the look of the next up tab, or swap it out for the resume style tiles. Do any other users have input here?

I would prefer resume looked like next up  :P .

I find that next up is easy to read and to me looks neater. But really as long as it works (which it does) I don't think it matters 

CBers

I find that next up is easy to read and to me looks neater. But really as long as it works (which it does) I don't think it matters 

Yes, I agree.

Any chance of having photos ignored in the NEW tab please ??

Edited by CBers

CBers

But photos, like Fezzes are cool!

Not when you see some of the photos my 7-year-old daughter takes !

Perhaps options to customize between four different layouts? Also options to increase or decrease image sizes, and change the image type used. also options to change the different characteristics that are displayed under the image. also, some of my images are a little off from my liking, so an option to open a photo editor so i can crop each one individually would be great. 

Perhaps options to customize between four different layouts? Also options to increase or decrease image sizes, and change the image type used. also options to change the different characteristics that are displayed under the image. also, some of my images are a little off from my liking, so an option to open a photo editor so i can crop each one individually would be great. 

Wow... who was that using Luke's account... ;)

Redshirt

Options to the right... Options to the left.. Stuck in the middle with you. lol.

Redshirt

@@Luke Are you seeing this anywhere other than the homescreen tabs. I think I've fixed all references, just want to make sure.