Android Client - Release Candidate

CBers

Redshirt

Not sure if this was brought up in the beta thread, but I can't get any streaming audio podcasts to work.  Hitting play rotates the screen like it's going to play a video, complete with media icons for a video, but it just times out the client.

It's the first I've heard of it. I just installed the podcast plugin and added the Ted Talks audio feed. MB is discovering theme all as video, even though there is no picture. Plus they play. So I'll have to look look further into this issue.

Xzener

Is it just me, or is the app not using CoverArt treated posters while browsing collections?? It shows the treated poster in details view.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Just got done with some rigorous testing with my Droid DNA. Gotta say, this app has come leaps and bounds since Alpha testing. Using the app, browsing is super fast over internet/WiFi. Streamed a DVD folder rip... Worked perfectly. Great work Red, keep it up.

CBers

I'm still seeing options changing state on my Nexus 5 when Scrolling to the bottom of the settings page.

If I check the com.mb3.android_preferences.xml

file, the settings are changed as I scroll.

Redshirt

if you can replicate it in another client then that leads me to believe it is a server issue.

That being said, it could also be something to do with whatever you are using to rip your movies.

Redshirt

in the android clients settings there's an option to disable hls. try playback with that turned off.

Thx, will try it out and report back

Did find a solution for now - MX player as an external player plays all of the files, seeking works as well.

-------------------

...No luck with turning HLS off - still crashes back a couple of seconds after pressing play.  Is this more likely to be a server issue?

Edited by jmelan

Just updated my Nexus 10 to 4.4 - still works perfectly!

Nexus 5 still has the same issue I reported previously with about half of my files - either crashes immediately on playback or when I try to seek. But the same thing happens when using chrome and accessing via the web server, so I do not think it has anything to do with the android client.

Thx!

Nexus 7 wifi (2012) - 4.4 via adb sideload

same as the nexus 5 - must be an LG codec issue??? (all of my samsung devices - S3, S4, nexus 10 work perfectly with all of my files)

navigation is great!! i just run into a problem playing back certain files with the internal player.  mx player as external player (with custom codec) works perfectly for everything

Edited by jmelan

CBers

I'm still seeing options changing state on my Nexus 5 when Scrolling to the bottom of the settings page.

Hi Redshirt.

Any thoughts on this please?

TIA.

Asus TF300T w/ stock 4.1.2 and Samsung Galaxy S3 w/ CM 10.1.3 and it works without issues. The app is almost perfect! Thx

Hey Red,  Just noticed tonight that when I use the android app to remote play an episode, the TV show theme doesn't stop playing when the remote button is selected. it plays out to the end, therefore competing with the start of the episode on the TV. It would be good if it stopped immediately when selecting the remote play button like it does if I play it directly on the phone.

thanks

Same here. I have to hit the back button immediately after changing settings to get them to stick. If I scroll they revert back.

Redshirt

Hey Red,  Just noticed tonight that when I use the android app to remote play an episode, the TV show theme doesn't stop playing when the remote button is selected. it plays out to the end, therefore competing with the start of the episode on the TV. It would be good if it stopped immediately when selecting the remote play button like it does if I play it directly on the phone.

thanks

Fixed for RC3.

• Like 1

blade005

Red. Great work on app. Couple of questions.

1. Any plans to support the Specials subfolder that can be included in a Movie folder for Extras, Making of video files?

2. Any chance that an option at the item level in Advanced Play could be added to select whether the Internal or an External player is used to play a file? Your internal player is working great, but I still have a large collection of file types that require transcoding and a performance hit on my HTPC using the internal player. The ability to select at the item level an external player like MX Player for certain file types would be a nice feature.

Thanks again, for all of your effort.

Redshirt

I'm aware of it, and it will get fixed at some point. It's going to be tricky to deal with as the usual support avenues (google, stackoverflow) have yielded zero information regarding the issue. There's an open github request here that you can watch.

Redshirt

Well there was never any doubt as google doesn't have a certification process, but I'm feeling really good about where these builds are going and have assembled the Play Store page for this client.

All that's waiting is for me to flip the switch and make it visible to the world.

5286e2d32bc45_20131116030311.png

• Like 4