[Emby-Server] General exclude of folders by name

Angel1835

Angel1835

Hi everybody,

Its a request that probably only hits synology user but i think it would help this media platform to become the best ever ;)

My problem is that the synology has folders in every media-folder with the name "@eaDir" and when i browse the Metdata-Manager and the TV-Section from my Emby-Server in any folder is a subfolder called "@eaDir" and i cannot delete it or make it invisible.

That "@eaDir"-directorys where made from several processes runnning on my DS, i can delete them but i dont know side effects.

I'm not good in progamming but i think the best way to solve that problem for DS users will be a set of personally choosen exclude word for excluding folders or names that i don't want to process in the media scan. This can also be used for excluding sample that some people deliver with their tv series.

Hope i can find some supportes that find this idea good.

Cheers

Angel1835

Angel1835

As a temporary solution while you wait for the feature you might want to consider following the Wiki instructions for Excluding files & folders.

Thank you for that. 

Now i will have a lock in the sh-scripts if there is a way to automaticly create ".exclude"-files

• 2 years later...
Pepes

Is there any way how to do it in Emby?

I have in Samba&NFS share folder which I share in emby and they're subfolders for tv shows and movies.

It would be very handy if it would be like in Kodi.

Otherwise I will need to put there 5 folders in Movies and 1 for Tv shows and in Kodi I have only 1 folder shared and excluded tv shows and for tv shows scraper I have 1 folder shared. :-)