Naming Home Videos

Techie-v2

Techie-v2

Hi all,

Just wondering what is the best way to name Photos and Home Videos.

At the moment I have my photos named - Photos\Year\Month\Event\Photoname.ext

This is all very well and good as I can browse through my years and view photos but what is I wanted to Jut see pictures of a certain person I.e baby daughter from all the years. None of my photos are named properly, just the generic name what ever camera they came form gives them. Is there a better way to do it.

Same goes for Home Videos?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Techie-v2

Smaky

I would suggest to add tags to your photos, this may be a better option so you can filter by tags. Kind of a load of work if there are many photos in your library but will provide flexibility to do the filtering.

Use metadata manager to add the appropiate tags to your photos (Like family, landscapes, friends, etc.)

Chris Jones

How does media browser store metadata for photos?

For a more automated approach at least for people would it be possible to use software that can do facial recognition to generate tags? Organising photos is something i want to get around to as well, currently most of them are in the same Year/Month organisation.

Smaky

It does.... but for some reason the client does not show them for photos. I already open a thread asking this. Metadata manager would allow to assign tags to photos though.