Gamebrowser not exiting for Windows Games

rigo8582

rigo8582

I use "back" to exit games launched through gamebrowser. Both emulators and pc games worked fine in gamebrowser II. Emulators launched in gamebrowser III exit properly.

In gamebrowser II using shortcuts worked great, it launched the game as well as steam and exiting would kill the game as well as the steam client, and also going back to gamebrowser.

In gamebrowser III the PC side of it isn't working quite the same. If I choose the actual executable of the game, some games don't launch properly because steam isn't running (Batman Arkham Asylum). I choose the shortcut it launches the game properly but I can't use exit the game using "back". This is happens with games that use a launcher executable thats different to the game executable.

Now for example I launch Jade Empire, using Jadeempire.exe. It launches the game properly and exits with no problem.

rigo8582

Heres one, I first launched Jade Empire and then used the quit key and worked as it should.

Then I ran Batman Arkham Asylum then tried to use the quit key. I didn't work, once I exit the game and exit steam big picture mode and automatically went back to gamebrowser after that.

• 1 month later...
Redshirt

Apologies for not responding sooner. The log shows that after you pressed the quit key there was still a process running "BmLauncher". I'll look into getting the client to ignore all processes when the quit key is pressed.