Choose to save individual metadata & artwork to media folders

dominicM

You can choose on a per library basis if you want metadata to be saved with the media folders.

dominicM

You can choose on a per library basis if you want metadata to be saved with the media folders.

Where exactly are these options? There is nothing in Settings -> Library -> (select my library) or in any of the tabs (display, metadata, Nfo,Settings, Advanced). I have "Save artwork and metadata into media" disabled on all libraries as before the update but emby is still saving banner and poster with newly added media since the update!

dominicM

Click on a library and customize it per library.

I literally just said that I have "Save artwork and metadata into media" disabled it and I still get poster and banners saved. That's just rude...

Ok, I'm guessing it must have come from before you disabled that. If it happens again then please attach the emby server log from the time frame that it occurs. Thanks.

dominicM

Ok, I'm guessing it must have come from before you disabled that. If it happens again then please attach the emby server log from the time frame that it occurs. Thanks.

The thing is that is was always disabled, I never had any metadata in any media folders. Will see if it continues to happen with new media.

Regarding the new feature you mentioned, this is not what this forum thread was about. What I actually want is to save individual metadata such as poster, banner, fanart to media folders while the rest would remain in central emby location. In my case I want folder.jpg to be saved in media folders for file browsers to display.

It's not a new feature. I just wanted to make sure that followers of this old feature request were up to date.

If it was always off then I don't believe that emby is responsible unless perhaps there was a defect in an older version. It's difficult to speculate what might have happened in the past therefore it's best to just catch it if it happens again.

dominicM

Did not happen with a new import so I will assume it was not emby, other apps were updated too so maybe it was a bug or bad config...

I still hope the the requested feature in this thread is implemented in a not too distant future. It would be great if I could give download apps read-only permissions for security and emby can handle all metadata. Seems to me like having folder.jpg is very useful no matter what OS is used.

• 1 year later...
nitz.walsh

Hi,

Any development with this feature?

I actually want to save individual metadata such as poster, banner, fanart to media folders while the rest would remain in central emby location. In my case I want only the poster.jpg to be saved in media folders.

And above all, I would like the "thumb" not to be saved in the media folder...

Thank you very much for your fantastic taff!

Hi, we currently don't have these types of settings to be able to choose at the individual image level. It's possible for the future. thanks.

nitz.walsh

Thanks for the quick reply Luke. Without seeming ungrateful, is it considered to add this option or not? It's already 4 years old and it would save me a lot of manual download of posters. Once again, thank you for your work

It really depends on how much this is wanted by users compared to other things. Right now I would say there are still other things with more user demand than this. Thanks.

• 2 months later...