Emby OUT OF MEMORY ERRORS

pir8radio
Go to solution Solved by pir8radio,

nagetech

I just started experiencing this myself, so went ahead and tried this 4GB Patch. Fingers Crossed :)

pir8radio

@@ebr did the masterminds figure out how/if this can be included in the normal releases? 

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

Soooooo..... DO i still need to patch every new release or has this been included in the new beta's?

AgileHumor

I haven't been patching...but OOM errors have gone away.

I think their was a memory leak in imagingmagik, and that was the solution vs giving app more memory. 

Complete guess...

pir8radio

Maybe, but I still have to patch due to my library size...  standing memory usage for Emby is about 1.3Gigs on the latest beta.   so when people start doing stuff and looking around i get close to that magic crash level...

pir8radio

1,300 movies and 13,000 episodes...no issues here.

150,000+ media files...   I'm not saying its an issue with the software, just the ability to contain the media database in memory (or whatever Emby puts in memory).   As luke and ebr pointed out this doesn't affect many Emby users, I was just hoping they would change the memory flag just as icing on the cake...   for that small percentage of Emby users that do have an issue.

• Like 1

Dibbes

I keep getting this issue ever since I started using Emby for Kodi back in March, getting the same errors. Restarting the service works for a bit.

As EBR said it may not be something impacting a large portion of the userbase, it may be a bunch of users that may experience this, just don't post it.

Tolerant

While playing DragonNest (Windowed) I noticed the game was becoming unresponsive / choppy and so were videos I was playing at the time thru WMC via external player using WMC-HC. As soon as I rebooted the Emby Server (Version 3.0.5621.4) on Windows 7 x64 that was using about half a gig of ram, it went back down to 200 megs of ram and everything was smooth as butter again. Not sure what causes the memory to keep climbing slowly but it does happen eventually.  Hopefully someone else can catch this problem happening and find logs that will show something useful.

pir8radio

While playing DragonNest (Windowed) I noticed the game was becoming unresponsive / choppy and so were videos I was playing at the time thru WMC via external player using WMC-HC. As soon as I rebooted the Emby Server (Version 3.0.5621.4) on Windows 7 x64 that was using about half a gig of ram, it went back down to 200 megs of ram and everything was smooth as butter again. Not sure what causes the memory to keep climbing slowly but it does happen eventually.  Hopefully someone else can catch this problem happening and find logs that will show something useful.

I think you may have a slightly different issue...   Some of us are consuming 1.6 gigs+ of ram from the get go and hitting the 32bit 2 GB limit windows sets for 32bit apps.   with the larger libraries it looks like emby stores some info about each item in ram, we are fine until one, two, or more people get on there and start moving around loading new info into emby's memory space which freaks out emby causing out of memory errors that pop up..  

Tolerant

I think you may have a slightly different issue...   Some of us are consuming 1.6 gigs+ of ram from the get go and hitting the 32bit 2 GB limit windows sets for 32bit apps.   with the larger libraries it looks like emby stores some info about each item in ram, we are fine until one, two, or more people get on there and start moving around loading new info into emby's memory space which freaks out emby causing out of memory errors that pop up..  

Although my issues are not as extreme I am seeing the same pattern. When I first load up and no one is browsing I am at about 125g of Ram, after I start up the browser and WMC, page around a bit the ram shoots up to 225. That is all well and fine, add in two more users and let the program run awhile and before I know it later that evening the server is up to half a gig and I start to experience performace issues that I never used to experience after being up for weeks at a time. I only have about 2500 movies, 250 series and a few albums so I can't compare to people with 250,000 items. However, this behavior does seem to mimic what is being discussed here as people say they are fine at first until the server has been running and people actually use it. -- No one is addressing the errors in the logs I have posted in another thread so it is a bit frustrating after a few days without a response when I go to the trouble of listing the issue, server version, windows version and provide logs showing many freaky errors. At least this thread is getting some attention which is why I contributed to the discussion with what I am seeing as a very similar issue.

skidmarks

Well I have run into the same issue...  Noticed my computer running the server has been extremely laggy.  Emby taking up about 1G of memory and usually no less than 60% of the CPU resources.  These are numbers that I am getting while the server is idle.  No streaming going on and no file scan in progress.  If I attempt to play a file from the server it will go about 40 minutes in before emby crashes.  I am using cover art, but will disable and see if that fixes the issue.  Will also download the beta. 

My current versions are:

App version 3.0.5621.4

Auto Box Sets 1.0.0.7
CoverArt 4.0.8.6
GameBrowser 3.0.5611.27617
Advanced Intros 1.0.4.0

From what I see this has no useful information in it, but I am NO expert on this side of the IT world...

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
System.OutOfMemoryException
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.Notifications.Notifications.<SendNotification>d__5b.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.Notifications.Notifications.SendNotification(NotificationRequest notification)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.Notifications.Notifications.<_taskManager_TaskCompleted>d__47.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__5(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Library size:  I have gone into plaid

*EDIT* Didn't realize there were 4 more pages of posts on this (damn MS).  It appears that I need to attempt the memory hack.  Will give it a shot and see what happens.

Edited by skidmarks

pir8radio

@@skidmarks the memory patch is only if you are running a 64 bit OS, which i assume most people are..

skidmarks

Yah thanks!  Running 64 bit.  Patched this afternoon and the server seems better.  Haven't actually streamed anything today...  Maybe later.  Working on the media library today.

Thanks for the heads up on the patch!

• 6 months later...