bluray folder playback not working

glacket

glacket

Hi, I cannot get bluray folder playback working. iso playback works fine but I would like try folder playback so i don't have to mount iso's . I have the latest mbc3 client and server, win8.1, tmt6. I mapped the unc paths correctly, and my bluray folder structure is as follows; d:\media library\movies\fury\bdmv. I am sharing at the root and at the movies folder. everyone has read permission on share and all users have read ntfs permissions. I attached the log showing an error when trying to playback fury bluray folder. Not sure what I am doing wrong. dvd's and bluray isos play fine. Bluray folders don't work. I have read all the mbc bluray playback threads I could find and still no solution. any ideas?

MBClassic-21320151f513a6b5ce741ce955a38e5d2399601.log

WMC does not support BD playback.  If you install LAV as your codecs then we attempt to play it with some trickery but this may or may not always work (usually does but only with LAV I think).

I suggest you convert them to another container for better features and future compatibility with devices.  Software-based disc playback is pretty much dead as the whole world has moved to streamable formats.

glacket

WMC does not support BD playback.  If you install LAV as your codecs then we attempt to play it with some trickery but this may or may not always work (usually does but only with LAV I think).

I suggest you convert them to another container for better features and future compatibility with devices.  Software-based disc playback is pretty much dead as the whole world has moved to streamable formats.

Hi chief bottle washer,

Thanks for replying back. I understand that wmc does not support bluray playback. I use an external player for that(tmt6 or powerdvd 14). when i click play on a bluray iso, it mounts the iso using virtual clone drive, then opens tmt6 mce within wmc and everything is good. The way i understand it, is this can also work for bluray bdmv folders as well, accept virtual clone drive wouldnt be involved because nothing needs to be mounted. I should be able to click play and mbc should call tmt6 and play the bdmv folder. i can play bdmv folders directly in in tmt6 or powerdvd just fine. when i go through mbc first it does nothing. So your saying if i install LAV, mbc will then know to open bdmv folders using an external player(tmt6)?

Deathsquirrel

I'm pretty sure what he was actually saying was 'don't do that, it won't really work'.

You should run the rips through MakeMKV or a similar tool.  You can have lossless MKVs of every bit of the content, minus the menus, that play beautifully in most any client in just a few seconds of work per disc.

One2Go

Well chiming in here as it looks like that BD folder playback is becoming more and more difficult.

1. Do you want menus? Then your options are very limited. Custom Firmware on an Oppo 103 or other player and script trickery to launch this external player from MB3.

2. If you don't want menus then using Playlists to convert the BD to MKVs is the very best option.

The battle for this has not produced a winner yet and for me the first solution to do BD Folder playback gets my attention and most likely my money, but until all these Android streaming solutions have become ready for prime time I am sitting on the fence waiting for the Bleeding edge to finish racking havoc.

Edited by One2Go

glacket

The reason i am trying to stick with 1:1 blurays is because i prefer the menu's mainly for my wife. we use the features enough to justify it. It sounds like i am going to have to stick with mounting and playing the iso's for now until a better method is possible. I just wish i understood why i can play a iso fine using wmc>tmt6 media center plugin but not when using a bdmv folder. Its the same thing except i am not mounting the iso and its a folder structure. i read several other posts where users were playing bdmv folders just fine unless i misunderstood them.

You can make BD folder rips play in your external player if you wish.  Simply configure the external player with the configurator (look in your start menu).

glacket

I did that. maybe i did it incorrectly. I configured the "configurator" to play bluray,m2ts. Extender formats are .dvr-ms, .wmv. what am i missing?

Looks like maybe you've configured the player incorrectly or something else is incompatible.  Exactly, how did you configure the external player?

Also, TMT was discontinued so support for this going forward could be sketchy.

glacket

I have not made any changes to the external player. I have both powerdvd 14 and tmt6 on seperate machine neither will play bdmv folder from mbc just iso's. the only changes i made were in the configurator. i setup virtual clone drive to mount iso's and besides configuring the "configurator" to play bluray,m2ts, Extender formats .dvr-ms,.wmc. i set the argument to {PATH} /play. Thats it. If i open tmt or pwerdvd directly, i can play bdmv no problem.

There are two specific TMT external player types.  Did you try using those?  They do not require you to enter any parameters.

For the generic type I think the arguments just need to be "{0}".

glacket

I will try that, but i think the main problem is its not opening the external player. mbc acts as if it is an unknown format.

According to your log the problem was that there were unrecognized items on the command line.

Your ISOs were auto playing via Windows I imagine so there was no command line involved.

glacket

I am not sure i understand that part "playing via windows". when i hit play in mbc, the iso is auto mounting via virtual clone drive then loading into tmt6.

Windows has a feature called "AutoPlay".  This is why sticking a BD into a physical drive will start up TMT6 and start playing too.  The act of mounting the ISO is the same thing as putting a physical disc in a drive.

glacket

ok. yes i understand that. i turned that off. plus i think auto play brings up the desktop version of powerdvd and tmt. im using mce version. I will try the command {0} tonite. it would be awesome if it was that easy.

glacket

using the command {0} appears to be working at least in powerdvd. I will have to try tmt next. Thanks for all your help ebr! Emby is awesome by the way!