CANNOT Download & Install Application

Bach Patu

Hello, 

the link for a portable installation and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 part which references https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130 report 404 error from Microsoft 

It seems it is not possible to download this with Windows 10

I believe 4.6 is included with Windows 10 which is probably why it says that. i"ll see if i can verify that and update the instructions. thanks.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem. I retried the installation by running the file again and again. After reading here, I just tried another internet connection, Mobile instead of DSL, and bam! The setup ran fine without problems. It was indeed an internet connection issue. What caused it, I am not sure. Hope someone finds this helpful.

djsecrist

I think the hosting site blocks your IP after a certain number of connections per hour (or something similar). I suspect that the Emby automatic update checker was running (and perhaps retrying) too frequently. For you, when you changed Internet providers, you got a new IP and looked like a new person to the install server. So it let you download it.

I think the hosting site blocks your IP after a certain number of connections per hour (or something similar). I suspect that the Emby automatic update checker was running (and perhaps retrying) too frequently. For you, when you changed Internet providers, you got a new IP and looked like a new person to the install server. So it let you download it.

What hosting site?

Our update checks do not run anywhere near frequently enough to hit any sort of aubse blocks.