ROC 1.0.7.2 **NOW LIVE**

leedavies

leedavies

Several feature requests and a few bug fixes and general enhancements:

• Video backdrops and theme music now play just once and don't repeat as you browse into seasons etc
  • Trailers no longer play automatically when an item is loaded, or when the trailers tab is focused
  • Trailers stop playing when the current item changes
  • Details view now shows thumbnail image (if available) at far right of page, only showing the backdrop image if no thumb is available
  • Details view now uses gradient fill behind scroller to improve visibility
  • Details view layout spacing improvements
  • TV show status now visible in all views (except Coverflow - no room!)
  • Thumbstrip and Coverflow view performance now even slicker
  • A few scrolling speed optimizations
  • Clickable director list alignment improved

• Like 3

This update causing a crash with series with only one episode available. When there are more then one episode is in the season folder all goes well.

ROC%201.0.7.2%20crash%20whit%20one%20epi

ROC%201.0.7.2%20crash%20whit%20one%20epi

This version is not working well at all.

Weird screen on every first time you enter a serie. The next toime you open the series the thumbs are displayed well.

ROC%201.0.7.2%20weird%20screen.jpg

When I want to play an episode I get the same error as in my comment earlier above.

ROC%201.0.7.2%20error%20on%20play.jpg

mboehler

Hi Lee,

I upgraded to server version 3.0.5061.25570 last night.  I am on MBC version 3.0.90.0 B11-3.1, and I upgraded to Roc version 1.0.7.2 a few minutes ago.

On the EHS, the Recently Added, Unwatched, and Recently Watched all show "Not items available".  This happens for every collection.  If I select one of these (Recently Added, Unwatched, or Recently Watched), I get the dreaded "PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING The media browser 3 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center".  And then I'm forced to exit and restart.

Everything else seems to work fine.  I can enter Collections fine and play media and everything.

Any ideas?

leedavies

Hi Lee,

I upgraded to server version 3.0.5061.25570 last night.  I am on MBC version 3.0.90.0 B11-3.1, and I upgraded to Roc version 1.0.7.2 a few minutes ago.

On the EHS, the Recently Added, Unwatched, and Recently Watched all show "Not items available".  This happens for every collection.  If I select one of these (Recently Added, Unwatched, or Recently Watched), I get the dreaded "PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING The media browser 3 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center".  And then I'm forced to exit and restart.

Everything else seems to work fine.  I can enter Collections fine and play media and everything.

Any ideas?

I haven't upgraded to that version yet - my 'net connection has been offline for 1/2 day and it slipped will do it now.  Sorry for the inconvenience...

Fixes being tested right now and online for you guys ASAP.  

leedavies

I can confirm too that no available movies in recently added and unwatched tab are available Lee...

Yeah same here.  It's a really stupid little bug.  My bad.  Will ping you guys a URL to a pre-release build in a few mins so you can confirm sorted on your systems before it goes live for real....

• Like 2

mboehler

Yeah same here.  It's a really stupid little bug.  My bad.  Will ping you guys a URL to a pre-release build in a few mins so you can confirm sorted on your systems before it goes live for real....

Thanks!

leedavies

Right, links to a new build of ROC have gone to you guys, so check your Inbox on here for the link!

This new build has a little bonus in it too, that wasn't quite done in time for 1.0.7.2....  video backdrops and theme music are now supported in Media Browser Classic...  for TV shows AND movies....

Edited by leedavies
  • Like 3

Right, links to a new build of ROC have gone to you guys, so check your Inbox on here for the link!

This new build has a little bonus in it too, that wasn't quite done in time for 1.0.7.2....  video backdrops and theme music are now supported in Media Browser Classic...  for TV shows AND movies....

Man you are crazy!!!!!!!! movie backdrops at laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!!!!!!

Thank you!

Lee,

Can you send the pre-release build link my way also please?  Having the same issues as everyone.  Thanks!

Me too. Invalid application when I click on a TV series episode to go into its detail view. I posted a note over in the thread for similar issue for Crystal.

gutterpunk13

I installed ROC for the first time today and I am having an issue with music and video backdrops. They played fine for a couple of minutes and then stopped. I've even restarted mb3 server and this will not play the backdrops.

Also there is a slight hesitation in the fade in of the backdrop image when you first open a TV series. Its like roc is looking for or trying to play the media but is unable to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by gutterpunk13

Me again..  :)  I just have to say: ROC 1.0.8.0 is AWESOME !!!! THANKYOU.

Having said that, could I be a pain and ask for two things and it will be awesomely perfect

• The check box to move the top toolbar to the left is not working.
  • Could you add the Series name to the information displayed on the Recently Added, Watched and Recently Watched pages please.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Just one more question, will ROC be available for MB Theatre? I'm seriously thinking about moving away from WMC when MBT becomes available, but will really hate to lose ROC in the process.

leedavies

Me again..  :)  I just have to say: ROC 1.0.8.0 is AWESOME !!!! THANKYOU.

Having said that, could I be a pain and ask for two things and it will be awesomely perfect

• The check box to move the top toolbar to the left is not working.
  • Could you add the Series name to the information displayed on the Recently Added, Watched and Recently Watched pages please.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Just one more question, will ROC be available for MB Theatre? I'm seriously thinking about moving away from WMC when MBT becomes available, but will really hate to lose ROC in the process.

Thanks Jordy, glad u like the updates.

Re the toolbar not moving left for you, it seems to be working fine for me.  The toolbar only moves a little to the left (roughly the width of the date and time), just so it doesn't clash with the window minimize/maximize controls if you run MBC fullscreen.  Were you expecting the whoie toolbar to move right across to top left corner?

Or is is just not moving at all?  And on which page/view are you seeing this toolbar reluctance?

leedavies

Will ROC be available for MB Theatre?  Good question.  Well, MB Theatre is still in beta (soon to go into public beta I understand).  From the bits of info I've picked up on these forums, the API a theme needs to use to interact with MB3/MBT and your media collections isn't quite finished yet, and I believe there's a documentation phase to finish off too so we dumb developers can understand how to use it.  It's light years ahead of the limited capabilities we've worked with in MB2. and, to a lesser degree, MBC.  But it's not a shipped product and the API is still a little fluid, so it's hard to commit resources to building a theme for a beta version of a product that might be fantastic, but, IMHO, isn't ready for me to jump in and make a theme or any other plugins.  

I think after the public beta has at least started, we'll have a better idea of how well behaved MBT is in the wild and the rough effort/time investment to make an MBT theme.  We also don't know what the split of users between MBC and MBT will be - could be straight down the middle, or could swing more towards either client.  Time will tell.

So to answer your question of will ROC be available on MBT?  That's really down to whether/when MBT is ready for an upgraded ROC to start taking shape.  If the userbase makes theme development on MBT attractive, then it would be crazy to ignore it.

There are a few things I want to see in place soon after launch, like a web-based store, and shipping a few selected trial versions of plugins "in-the-box", just like many applications give you demos of related stuff you might like, without the hunt for the not-as-visible-as-we-plugin-developers-would like it to be "Plugins" section of the Dashboard.

I'm sure all this and more will come with time as the ecosystem grows.  Right now though, for me at least, MBT isn't quite ready for me to have a bash at creating a theme or plugin.  I've done the whole bleeding edge development game many times and I'm happy to let someone else enjoy the challenges of a semi-fluid API and lots of theme updates....  :-)

I know Luke has enabling the theme development API firmly in mind, so I'm sure we'll be hearing some great news in due course.

leedavies

I installed ROC for the first time today and I am having an issue with music and video backdrops. They played fine for a couple of minutes and then stopped. I've even restarted mb3 server and this will not play the backdrops.

Also there is a slight hesitation in the fade in of the backdrop image when you first open a TV series. Its like roc is looking for or trying to play the media but is unable to.

This is an odd one. When you say they played fine for a few minutes and then stopped, could you be more detailed about what you experienced....?

e.g. did you browse into a TV show and see the video backdrop start to play, then browse around a few seasons and episodes? At what point did the video backdrop stop playing?  When it had reached the end of the video or theme music?  They play just the once and don't repeat unless you back right out of the TV show and back in again.  

They did repeat an annoying number of times if you browsed around the same TV show for a while until this release - is that the change you've noticed?

leedavies

Me too. Invalid application when I click on a TV series episode to go into its detail view. I posted a note over in the thread for similar issue for Crystal.

Are you still getting this in the 1.0.8.0 builds that went live a short while ago?  Does this affect any episode you've tried, so multiple shows and seasons, or does it seem to be just one show or season causing problems?

Could you post a screenshot of the page you are on when you click on a TV series and then also grab a screenshof of the error message.   Post them both as a reply on here please so we can take a look...

leedavies

The delay showing the first backdrop image is now fixed in the 1.0.8.0 releases.

leedavies

This version is not working well at all.

Weird screen on every first time you enter a serie. The next toime you open the series the thumbs are displayed well.

ROC%201.0.7.2%20weird%20screen.jpg

When I want to play an episode I get the same error as in my comment earlier above.

ROC%201.0.7.2%20error%20on%20play.jpg

Are these issues all fixed for you in 1.0.8.0 ?