Help me test my EMBY server?

pir8radio

pir8radio

I'm curious how much the good ol' EMBY server can take.....    Feel free to login to my server...  If you know of any security holes please don't use them to thrash my files....  Just login play some media and lets see if it crashes...    :unsure:     

guest.png

Edited by pir8radio

yardameus

Gave it a go.  All good on my end.  For a second I thought it was my library, except for War Games.  :)

KarterJK

everything in Movies, Music videos worked, Music only suggested an albums showed, artist didn't populate, however with over 45000 albums on file it might take a while... you could rival iTunes collection LOL

pir8radio

No server crashed with Out of memory error  new beta has been doing that once people start surfing through all of the library..  Should be back up now! @@AxeMan       @@KarterJK yea the new beta is having issues bringing up the large collection, I may have to revert back to the old version     Thanks for helping beat up the server everyone!!!  Keep it up!!   :)

pir8radio

Yea they are all ripped by me...  and RB...  I just recently started messing with blueray... yea, I'm behind times..  lol

looks fast ... i couldn't find very many that are full 1080p.. Kite was the only one - and it played well. 

AxeMan

Yea they are all ripped by me... and RB... I just recently started messing with blueray... yea, I'm behind times.. lol

O ok I also ripped mine but I always did it at highest possible. figured I could always transcode down if I need space.

So far I have a 25 terabyte array and I'm using less than half of it

pir8radio

Hum, sounds like i need to fedex you an empty drive or 4 and maybe a bribe of some sort.....   :ph34r:

O ok I also ripped mine but I always did it at highest possible. figured I could always transcode down if I need space.

So far I have a 25 terabyte array and I'm using less than half of it

Edited by pir8radio

AxeMan

Hum, sounds like i need to fedex you an empty drive or 4 and maybe a bribe of some sort.....   :ph34r:

LoL. you still have more movies than me. and way more music videos. you seem to have a sweet setup... my server is pretty weak. it's running in a win 7 VM. on a puny i7 960.

pir8radio

Played Kite and a music video. All clear. Very smooth indeed.

What sort of bandwidth do you have?

most recent speedtest.net result  (comcast) 

550dc1c852e29_4184386837.png

CBers

most recent speedtest.net result (comcast)

It's your upload that helps.

Mine is only 12Mbs upload.

CBers

most recent speedtest.net result  (comcast) 

It's your upload that helps.

Mine is only 12Mbs upload.

Just remembered to do a Speed Test:

4235166892.png

Longrifle

OK, I gave it a go, super fast response and all works great... only one thing... I could not download any content  LOL

• Like 1

pir8radio

@@CBers only faster than 92% of GB!? what is a normal internet speed over there 160 is fast!   :blink:     @@Longrifle yea I know, disabled it for guest..  Maybe we should trade eMBy accounts!   :)

Edited by pir8radio

CBers

@@pir8radio - I assume the other 8% use the same ISP as me, VirginMedia.

I believe this is currently the fastest speed in the UK for home users.

AZMedia1

We've been using another product for the last 3 years. This is my first visit back to MB since then. Things clearly have changed....Thanks so much for the opportunity to use the application in real time.  After perusing, I have a few questions, then some feedback. I was using Firefox 36 and in full screen most of the time.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. Is this the new MB/EMBY.... I don't entirely understand the new configuration...still based on Win Media Center?
  2. Is the full screen view what we would see on our TV screen?
  3. We have a 8 disk Synology server. Do we still need a seperate PC to run EMBY to our TV's?
  4. Can EMBY use trailers, backdrops, and posters from our local server and get the rest like actor images and metadata from the net?

TRAILERS: I noticed trailers were either hosted or it launched in a seperate browser window at Youtube. If a local trailer, the movie navigation bar was dead. No way to move the trailer forward to another point. Try trailer "Almost Human" for this experience. Also, in full screen, there was no easy way to see how to close or stop the trailer and go back to either Trailers or Movies section.

MOVIE VIEW:

In Movie View, I clicked on "Collections" tab. It froze there. I had to close Firefox and login again. Notice spinning icon in center of screen. NOTE: when not in full screen mode, alphabet appeared OK on right side of screen (see below).

x3smer.jpg

When in full screen and "Movie" view, only 36 posters (4 rows) of the "100" available posters appeared. I advanced to the 101-170 movies and the same thing, only 4 rows of posters appeared. If I scrolled down below these 4 rows it was just blank gray area. If I moved my mouse over this blank area, the black shadow mask would appear. In non full screen mode all posters would display correctly.

4u89p4.jpg

NOTE: When in full screen mode, alphabet on right side of screen was not viewable (above image).

CONTROLS:

If viewing a movie or trailer and use your browser back arrow, or back button on the mouse, the screen would freeze to blank. I had to close down the browser tab and login again. If you use the controls shown on the screen then everything works fine.

4hp7xk.jpg

I was a bit overwhelmed with the changes so many things didn't sink in. I kind of didn't like the black shadow panel that scrolls up, appears over each movie poster. This seemed to happen to fast.

Edited by AZMedia1

CBers

@@AZMedia1 - You need to install the EMBY (MediaBrowser) Server, then a client, such as Media Browser Classic(MBS), which runs inside WMC.

What you were seeing with @@pir8radio's setup was the server, with it's included dashboard/web client.

There is a stand-alone client being developed called Media Browser Theater (MBT), but will become EMBY Theater (ET ??).

Then there are clients for Android, Google TV (in development), iOS, Windows Phone, Roku, Amazon Fire TV (in development) and of course the web client (server dashboard) itself.

There are also server installations available for other OS's.

All clients are continuously updated and enhanced.

Have a read at www.mediabrowser.tv.

Edited by CBers