Debian

Luke

sisatelperu

saludos a todos una consulta tengo instalado el emby la ultima versión, en la cual lo instale en una maquina virtual, la pc tiene 16 de ram y esta con window server 2012 y active el hyperv para instalarlo en linux para el debían, el detalle esta que cuando ingreso desde mi red en otro segmento o segmentos de red el programa de emby medio que se demora en responder, antes lo tenia de manera física no virtual, y no tenia problema, mi consulta es, alguno de ustedes virtualizo emby en linux y si tubiero estos problemas que yo tengo en que se demora en cargar luego al pasar unos micro segundo carga rápido, pero cuando hago ping al servidor de emby el ping es 1ms o maximo como 5 ms, espero que puedan ayudarme gracias

sisatelperu

greetings to all a query I have installed the emby the latest version, in which I install it in a virtual machine, the pc has 16 of ram and this with window server 2012 and activate the hyperv to install it in linux for the debian, the detail is when I enter from my network in another segment or network segments the middle emby program that is slow to respond, before I had it in a non-virtual physical way, and had no problem, my query is, some of you virtualized emby in linux and if I have these problems that I have in which it takes time to load after passing a micro second load fast, but when I ping the emby server the ping is 1ms or maximum 5 ms, I hope you can help me thanks

• 1 month later...
Luticus

Hi,

Saw Emby 3.4 is out but I can't install it in debian.  Apt shows no new packages available and downloading the .deb and manually installing doesn't work.

When I try to install the .deb I get:  sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.0.0_amd64\(1\).deb
(Reading database ... 56337 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack emby-server-deb_3.4.0.0_amd64(1).deb ...
Stopping Emby Server!
Unpacking emby-server (3.4.0.0) over (3.3.1.0+68.2) ...
Setting up emby-server (3.4.0.0) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/emby-server.conf ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init/emby-server.conf ...
usermod: user emby is currently used by process 2075
dpkg: error processing package emby-server (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 8
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u3) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 emby-server

It also seems that apt wants to auto-remove a massive number of packages after the install attempt, as if there's a dependency issue or something.  Not sure what's going on but I can't express enough how badly I want this release.  :)

Wanted to make someone aware of the issue.  If anyone knows of a workaround or if there's a fix in the works, I would love to know. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Saw Emby 3.4 is out but I can't install it in debian.  Apt shows no new packages available and downloading the .deb and manually installing doesn't work.

When I try to install the .deb I get:  sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.0.0_amd64\(1\).deb

(Reading database ... 56337 files and directories currently installed.)

Stopping Emby Server!

Unpacking emby-server (3.4.0.0) over (3.3.1.0+68.2) ...

Installing new version of config file /etc/emby-server.conf ...

Installing new version of config file /etc/init/emby-server.conf ...

emby-server

It also seems that apt wants to auto-remove a massive number of packages after the install attempt, as if there's a dependency issue or something.  Not sure what's going on but I can't express enough how badly I want this release.  :)

Wanted to make someone aware of the issue.  If anyone knows of a workaround or if there's a fix in the works, I would love to know. 

Thanks!

Hi @@Luticus at this point you can't upgrade into our new install package from the legacy install package. You need to just stay on one or the other. If you want to switch to the new one, you first need to uninstall and purge, and then do a brand new installation by following the instructions on our website download page.

Luticus

I tried a full purge and no joy, still getting this:

sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.0.0_amd64\(1\).deb
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.
(Reading database ... 52423 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking emby-server (3.4.0.0) ...
 emby-server

Luticus

Ok, I figured out what the deal was. 

Here are some steps that may help others:

Warning:  This will be a complete reinstall... BACK UP your premiere key (if you have one), you have been warned.

1.  Download the .deb for the stable version from emby.media's website

2.  Do what the devs say and do a FULL PURGE, it will pretty much not work otherwise.   sudo apt autoremove emby-server --purge (should work)

3.  Make sure you remove the emby url from apt sources.  Mine was in it's own file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d.  You can open the file and comment it with a # if you don't want to lose the url, then sudo apt update

4.  At this point you should reboot, Mine was breaking because there were still residual emby processes on the system blocking the install.  A reboot is the best way to ensure a clean deal, alternatively you could try to pkill them all.

5.  Attempt the installation (dpkg -i emby-server.versionstuff.deb), it may work now.  If you get an error again, use this command:  sudo dpkg --configure -D 777 emby-server
6.  Troubleshoot with that command by looking for lines like (chmod: cannot access '/var/lib/emby': No such file or directory),  which was the error I got, I had to make the directory (mkdir -p /var/lib/emby) which worked.

At this point my installation went through, if yours does not then use sudo dpkg --configure -D 777 emby-server to track down any additional errors you may receive.

Be prepared to reconfigure emby, redo plugins, set up your encryption cert, and rescan all libraries (which for me.... really sucked... mine are huge).

Hope this helps everyone else in the same predicament. 

• Like 3

zendal

I had a headache with 3.4 crashing on collections also coming from the repo version.

Even after purging collections kept crashing and images would not display on nVidia Shield.

1. I did the purge again added only movie folder and let it scan.  
  2. Then turned on collections in Library-> Display. and scanned.
  3. Installed AutoBoxSets, rebooted server, refreshed boxsets, scanned.
  4. Added other folders and plugins. Rebooted and scanned.
  5. Synced with trakt.

It is now working on 3.4.0.4 I had issues with 3.4.0.0.

It was working on 3.4.0.3 also.

Any folder with empty images/metadata was crashing server.

I had a headache with 3.4 crashing on collections also coming from the repo version.

Even after purging collections kept crashing and images would not display on nVidia Shield.

1. I did the purge again added only movie folder and let it scan.  
  2. Then turned on collections in Library-> Display. and scanned.
  3. Installed AutoBoxSets, rebooted server, refreshed boxsets, scanned.
  4. Added other folders and plugins. Rebooted and scanned.
  5. Synced with trakt.

It is now working on 3.4.0.4 I had issues with 3.4.0.0.

It was working on 3.4.0.3 also.

Any folder with empty images/metadata was crashing server.

It's actually circular collection references that cause the hang. The beta has a fix for this and we'll be putting it out to stable by tomorrow. Thanks.

zendal

Luke your broke 3.4.1.0

It now crashes on home screen trying to display media.

Did stable not use the new virtualized path from beta?

018-05-07 20:16:41.554 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://censoredservername:8096/emby/Users/dd5d481e84e7405bbab448196ac50e68/Items/Latest?Limit=16&Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio%2CBasicSyncInfo&ImageTypeLimit=1&EnableImageTypes=Primary%2CBackdrop%2CThumb&ParentId=28b5d5b8bef4bd1f1914503b5c11ac91. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.139 Safari/537.36
2018-05-07 20:16:41.641 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.9.0.4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 16
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found
	File name: '%MetadataPath%/library/43/43d962ffb5b7b9e78a2bb0d34a6738d1/backdrop.jpg'
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, IFileSystem fileSystem, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean forceAnalyzeBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, DateTime dateModified, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, IFileSystem fileSystem, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean forceAnalyzeBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, DateTime dateModified, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
Edited by zendal

Luke your broke 3.4.1.0

It now crashes on home screen trying to display media.

Did stable not use the new virtualized path from beta?

018-05-07 20:16:41.554 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://censoredservername:8096/emby/Users/dd5d481e84e7405bbab448196ac50e68/Items/Latest?Limit=16&Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio%2CBasicSyncInfo&ImageTypeLimit=1&EnableImageTypes=Primary%2CBackdrop%2CThumb&ParentId=28b5d5b8bef4bd1f1914503b5c11ac91. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.139 Safari/537.36
2018-05-07 20:16:41.641 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.9.0.4
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 16
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found
	File name: '%MetadataPath%/library/43/43d962ffb5b7b9e78a2bb0d34a6738d1/backdrop.jpg'
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException

No it doesn't. It looks like you went backwards from beta to stable and that's not supported - at least not until the changes you have in beta make it into the stable release. 3.4.1 is just a patch release on top of 3.4.0 to address a few small things. It does not have the brand new development that exists in the beta channel. 

@@hsran, since you are running beta, please use the Testing Area at the bottom of the community to report your issue. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Topper69

Hi,

I’m looking for the arm64.deb package for Debian armv8 architecture. Apparently it’s not available including github.

I have tryed to force install the armhf package but fail to run.

Any clue ?!

Regards

Hi,

I’m looking for the arm64.deb package for Debian armv8 architecture. Apparently it’s not available including github.

I have tryed to force install the armhf package but fail to run.

Any clue ?!

Regards

What happened exactly with the armhf package?

Topper69

Hi,

First it refuse to install because not the same architecture (armhf /= arm64).

Second if I force install, not launch and crash. I’ll try to get a log.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
esso82

Hi guys, I run a simple debian server at home, few services, basically trying to get good at linux.

I bought a new AV receiver, which is able to stream music from DLNA sources, so after reading various reviews, I decided to give emby a shot ;)

And here I came across a problem right at installation. i followed the official install procedure (download, dpkg -i) from emby download page. Unfortunately I didn't even manage to install emby, here is the code from my console: (all done as su)

Preparing to unpack emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb ...
emby-server: urecognized service
Unpacking emby-server (3.4.1.0) ...
Setting up emby-server (3.4.1.0) ...
usermod: no changes
emby-server: unrecognized service
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
 emby-server

I noticed, there is no emby-server.sh in /etc/init.d after the install process failed, was it supposed to be copied over? Or where did it go wrong? Any ideas?

Thank you for possible solutions ;)

alucryd

What init system are you using? We support systemd, and unfortunately upstart as well because of ubuntu 16.04, but not SysV. Debian uses systemd by default since Jessie, but it looks like you're using SysV for some reason.

esso82

Hi alucryd, thanks for your reply, yes I am using sysV because my install goes on since wheezy was out. So I won't be able to install emby then?

Edited by esso82
  • Like 1

nicheplayer

Hi alucryd, thanks for your reply, yes I am using sysV because my install goes on since wheezy was out. So I won't be able to install emby then?

This is where I'm at, too. Apparently I need to be a rocket scientist to upgrade my server from Wheezy to (at least) Stretch, so I'm pondering options (one of which is to keep rolling with the old Emby server version). I'd love to hear what you decide to do!

esso82

This is where I'm at, too. Apparently I need to be a rocket scientist to upgrade my server from Wheezy to (at least) Stretch, so I'm pondering options (one of which is to keep rolling with the old Emby server version). I'd love to hear what you decide to do!

It's not very difficult to change to systemd I believe, my question is - why would you like to do that? So I guess, I'll have to keep hunting for my best dlna media server ;)

Topper69

Ok, I don't think we actually support armv8 right now.

Hi,

After a lot of time and effort, I finally succeeded to compile and make it up and running on aarch64 distribution. It is not an easy task and not recommended for beginner.

It required to manually install all dependency .deb founded in various sources (essentially Debian SID repo + some ubuntu deb compiled for aarch64.. + mono project repository).

Distrib : Linux rock64 4.4.126-rockchip-ayufan-239 #1 SMP Sun May 27 18:38:24 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

rock64@rock64:~ $ sudo service emby-server status
● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2018-06-21 15:15:15 UTC; 4 days ago
 Main PID: 17812 (su)
    Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/emby-server.service
           ‣ 17812 su -s /bin/sh -c umask $0; exec "$1" "$@" emby -- 002 env MAGICK_HOME=/usr/lib/emby-server MAGICK_CODER_FILTER_PATH=/usr/lib/emby-se
rver/aarch64-linux-gnu/EmbyMagick-6.9.6/modules-Q8/filters MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH=/usr/lib/emby-server/aarch64-linux-gnu/EmbyMagick-6.9.6/modules-Q8/
coders MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=500 max-heap-size=96m,soft-heap-limit=64m,nursery-size=4m LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/emby-server/aarch64-linux-gnu /usr/bin/m
ono-sgen --optimize=all /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/resta
rt.sh
2018-06-25 19:35:44.318 Info Main: Emby
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.126.239
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.12.0.226 (tarball Thu May  3 11:14:24 UTC 2018)
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
2018-06-25 19:35:46.433 Info App: Application version: 3.4.1.0

Things to notice to compile from source code :

*clone the repo or take the zip from the master branch. The zip in "releases" tab 3.4.1.0.zip is not truly the 3.4.1.0 version (see the SharedVersion.cs which version said as 3.4.0.0 ?)

*create a /bin/ folder at the root of Emby directory

*build command line :

xbuild /p:OutDir="~/Download/Emby-master/bin/" /p:Configuration="Release Mono" /p:Platform="Any CPU" /t:build MediaBrowser.sln

If errors during compile process, repeat the same command a few times until it finished it. It is strange, but in my case it took about x2 or x3 time without changing anything to succeed. 

*** FIX compile issue***

use this command

msbuild MediaBrowser.sln /p:OutDir="~/Download/Emby-master/bin/" /p:Configuration="Release Mono" /p:Platform="Any CPU"

Regards,

Edited by Topper69

• 1 month later...
s7relok

Installed 3.5 but it can't connect to internet itself because SSL error, see inner exception error...

Need to rollback to 3.3 to have a functionnal emby, 3.4 was ok but I can't find a package to install it for deb9