Google drive error

skynet600
Go to solution Solved by hamstercat,

skynet600

When following the instructions of the Google drive sync service it says to enter your ip/mediabrowser in the JavaScript origins box but I get the following error and cannot continue

AUTHORIZED JAVASCRIPT ORIGINS

Cannot contain a wildcard (http://*.example.com) or a path (http://example.com/subdir).

I am adding exactly what it says to add.

thefirstofthe300

@@hamstercat

I am getting two errors when attempting to connect to Google Drive.

The first one is thrown by the server when I click save to save the client_id and client_secret:

2015-03-19 13:02:29.1966 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5557.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.18.6.1
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Mon Oct  6 20:46:04 UTC 2014)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Sequence contains no matching element
	System.InvalidOperationException
	at System.Linq.Enumerable.First<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage>,System.Func`2<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage, bool>,System.Linq.Enumerable/Fallback) <0x0011f>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable.First<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage>,System.Func`2<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage, bool>) <0x0003f>
	at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.DashboardService.Get (MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage) <0x0018b>
	at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
	at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage) <0x00410>

2015-03-19 13:02:29.1966 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /web/ConfigurationPage?googleDriveClientId=******************************************&googleDriveClientSecret=*************************
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5557.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.18.6.1
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Mon Oct  6 20:46:04 UTC 2014)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Sequence contains no matching element
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

The second one by Drive when getting sent to the Grant Access page.

device_id and device_name are required for private IP: http://192.168.1.95:8096/web/ConfigurationPage?name=GoogleDrive&enableForEveryone=true&co
Request Details
scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file
response_type=code
redirect_uri=http://192.168.1.95:8096/web/ConfigurationPage?name=GoogleDrive&enableForEveryone=true&configName=GoogleDrive
access_type=offline
client_id=*******************************************************

I have the cliend_id and the client_secret both filled in.

Edited by DaBungalow

yea, i wrote up the little instruction info popup, and it needs to be revised. we should have an update up shortly.

• Like 2

hamstercat

I only tested with localhost for now, I'll check why it's not working with an IP.

hamstercat

Problem #2 has been fixed, will release an update when I fixed #1 and the help text later tonight.

hamstercat

I'm adjusting the help instructions, a new version is coming up tonight.

Edited by hamstercat

hamstercat

New version uploaded. Should fix the error when saving the client id and secret, and granting access using an IP also works. For some reason using a domain still doesn't work, hopefully I'll get that sorted out.

The instructions were also updated, so starting from the beginning and deleting the old Google Credentials from your account is recommended.

• Like 1

hamstercat

There's a new version up, the instructions have been adjusted and should be more accurate.

skynet600

Many thanks.  Yes I see improvement.  Unfortunately I still can't complete the process.  I get as far as receiving my id, secret and uris but when I add this to the plugin settings I get invalid uuid error. In "Display name" I have tried project name, random name and uris.

AxelAxel3

Hey,

Still trying to get the new drive thing figured out as I think it is a really cool and useful feature! But, after creating the keys, saving them, and trying to grant access, I get the following error from google:

400. That’s an error.

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

A native application: Emby

You can email the developer of this application at: hidden

Request Details
from_login=1
response_type=code
scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file
device_name=alex
access_type=offline
redirect_uri=http://{hidden}:8096/web/ConfigurationPage?name=GoogleDrive&userIds=22cf0934c31a064b46efd2ec71688202&configName=alex
as=1a8cc90e54c93fb0
pli=1
device_id=alex
client_id={hidden}
authuser=0
hl=en
That’s all we know. 

EDIT: So since someone merged my post I seen that someone said it doesn't work with a domain name.. I am using a domain name. Any ideas?

Edited by alexander7567

Spaceboy

What has not been made clear anywhere yet is that you can only add google drive accounts by launching from the pc where mb3 is installed because it looks for localhost. I only realised this after struggling last night and then when I was about to fall asleep it clicked, I was trying to add my remoteip as a redirected uri but it wasn't having that. Hope this helps someone else

• Like 1

hamstercat

There's a new version that should fix the issue for those using a public IP or a domain name to access Emby when trying to grant access. Localhost or a private IP should no longer be required.

• Like 1

skynet600

Great thanks.  What name and code do we need to use when the create id process is saved?  I have tried my project name and I get a uri mismatch error.

hamstercat

The name can be anything, but the code must be what you get when you click on "Grant Access". You'll have to copy/paste it from the Google auth page that opens. A URI mismatch is kinda strange, are you getting that in the config page or the actual Google page?

skynet600

Well I only get the code portion after I get the error.  The code is not there when I first try to add an account.  There is no code entry in the list given when I created the ID.  I have ID, secret, uri.

Top left is the ID info for my profile.  Top right is what I see in settings for the plugin.  I matched the client id and secret in both.

Bottom left is what I see on trying to add an account (note no "Code").  On saving the account another browser tab appears as the bottom right image.  The bottom middle is what I see when I go back to the plugin settings after the error tab from google has opened.

I see no "Code" in any of this.

55102853b1002_sync.png

• Solution
hamstercat

With the images it seems the app you registered with Google is a web application, bit it needs to be an installed application instead. The instructions on how to do it can be found in the config page. Try again from the start and it should work (the part about obtaining a client id ans secret).

The instructions on how to create the app with Google were changed after the first release, so that's why you probably already have an app configured as a web app :)

• Like 1