Update kills performance of video playback

aggiematt1
Go to solution Solved by aggiematt1,

aggiematt1

Not sure what changed, but what used to play smoothly, now chokes during any video playback.  My system is still at 19%CPU usage during the playback, and the videos play smoothly outside of MBClassic,

Recently installed the update

Edited by aggiematt1

I got an invalid file trying to open that.

Try again, I was able to open it with no problem using 7zip.

I don't have any external zip programs.  Just using Windows.  Jon can you please re-attach in normal zip or just attach the relevant file without zip?  Thx.

I just see normal playback occurring (although I see it using a mapped drive instead of UNC).  Can you please further describe "chokes"?

aggiematt1

Typically after 30s to 2 mins the playback will all of a sudden freeze, 1 seconds passes, plays 1 second of frames, then another second or 2 of frozen video, then playback, on and off.  The Cpu does not spike and stays in the ~20s%.  If I were playing the video outside of Media Center It would play smoothly.  This just started this week.  never had an issue before.  

aggiematt1

Nothing changed since last week except the update.  I will look into updating the codecs, but again it play great outside of MBC.  

• Solution
aggiematt1

I installed the latest versions of K-Lite and it seems to have fixed the issue.  I guess it was just a coincident with mediabrowser.  Thank you for your help