MB on Kodi playback failed

jwbyers

jwbyers

Hi - I just set up a new PC with Windows 8.1 running Kodi 14.2 RC and the MB addon (0.9.823) for my mediabrowser collection.  I have another PC with Windows 7 and a Ceton Infinitv 4 set up on WMC with ServerSMC 1.0.0.56 build:1190 running along with a MB server version 3.0.5518.7.

I'm having a problem viewing my media browser files on the new PC and am getting a "Playback failed" notice saying "One or more items failed to play - check the log file for details."  I have the MB addon configured with the static IP and port of the server PC and have the Network User set up as the main user ID for the server PC (in my case it's "TV" no password).  I can view my collections and all the images/details show up, but I can't get anything to play.  I'm using the Confluence skin included with the MB repo.

I enabled the info level logging in the MB addon and tried to play the movie "About Last Night" to generate the error.  Quick background on the networking settings, the server is running on 192.168.10.250 with port 8096 and the admin user for that computer is "TV" with no password.  The recordings are saved on the server at D:\Movies\ or TVPC\\Movies.

Log from the incident is attached.  I tried restarting Kodi, the new PC, and the MB server but no change in behavior.  Also tried disabling antivirus in case that was messing something up but no change.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!  Thank you!

kodi.log

jwbyers

Does your clien have full access to the files or are you using http direct play?

MB uses three folders on the server D:\Movies, D:\TV Shows and D:\Recorded TV.  All three of them have folder sharing on with read/write rights to "everyone" as well as the "TV" user I mentioned.  I have an older Windows 7 laptop running a similar setup with Kodi, MB and PVR WMC and I haven't had any of these playback issues.  I also tried playing local files on the new PC and that worked fine.  How would I check if http direct play is on?

Thanks!

MSattler

MB uses three folders on the server D:\Movies, D:\TV Shows and D:\Recorded TV.  All three of them have folder sharing on with read/write rights to "everyone" as well as the "TV" user I mentioned.  I have an older Windows 7 laptop running a similar setup with Kodi, MB and PVR WMC and I haven't had any of these playback issues.  I also tried playing local files on the new PC and that worked fine.  How would I check if http direct play is on?

Thanks!

In MB Server did you added the content as \\servername\sharename?  If not, remove your D:\Movies shared and add is as \\servername\Movies.

• Like 1

jwbyers

Thank you both for the suggestions!  I changed my media folders' path from \\TVPC\Movies to \\IP,Address\Movies and added path substitutions for the actual folders (D:\Movies to \\IP.Address\Movies, etc.).  I also deleted the network credentials from the MB Kodi add-on and that cleared up the issue.  Works perfectly now, thank you!!!

• Like 2