SmokenOaken

SmokenOaken

I've been using google cardboard a lot as of late to watch my media via my Note 4 in Virtual Reality 3d. There are some decent apps for this, but none so far from what I can see with the ability to stream media to my phone. My favorite app the 3d application so far is Full Dive. 

Has there been any thought to build native support in to the Android Media Browser app to view streaming media browser content and 3D movies to a smart device in a sort of Virtual Cinema view. I think this would be a great addition to this already amazing product. 

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
shorty1483

Any news about this? 

Thinking about buying some VR glasses. But not having Emby to watch movies is a show stopper for me since a virtual cinema would be my main reason to buy.

shorty1483

I think it was mentioned in another thread some time ago. Some kind of virtual cinema activated by an user option would be awesome. 

I purchased a VR headset now with inbuilt headphones and fiddled a bit around to prepare everything for it.. ATM the solution is to run an external player in the Emby app. Since there are not much ones that support getting the stream from Emby, I ended with VRTV VR Video Player that supports that ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.chai.vrtv&hl=de ). It runs very well so far but internal is always better than external regarding playstate, multiple clicks etc.. The Player I use relies on the latest Cardboard SDK and VLC ( https://developers.google.com/vr/android/ ). So basically every app can incorporate it as far as I understand. Daydream is the new Android standard for VR but everything actual relies on Cardboard since just 6 phones support Daydream atm.

This is what It looks like. It's really like your sitting in a home cinema :D. I made the cinema screen a bit smaller for letting you see what I mean. Size of it can be adjusted in the room, and if I look at the areas on the sides and bottom of the screen I can control the playback options and setting with my view.

Edit: I recognized during search that there a VR cinema clients that support Plex directly.

597cd8e9e638c_Screenshot_20170729204051.

Edited by shorty1483