Genres Not Showing Up

mithra62
Go to solution Solved by mithra62,

mithra62

I've recently upgraded from MB2 to MB3 and absolutely LOVE the direction and progress. Obviously, this being a beta I am running into an issue with Genres for all my videos.

The genres used to work nicely in MB2 but now only a couple genres show up (which makes Genre Cleaner pretty much useless). I had (in MB2) saved the meta data to a videos directory via XML (MB2 default?) but now only genres details stored in a videos meta data (in the actual video file and NOT in the XML meta file) is displayed. So, while I have TONS of meta data available to videos none of it is used anymore.

Is there a way to get the locally stored XML meta data files to be used for genres?

Thanks,

Eric

You aren't still on the old 'mymovies.xml' file are you?

What happens if you delete (or rename) one of your xml files and let MB3 fetch the data?

mithra62

Hi Ebr,

If I remove the XML file then MBR fetches a new one and the genres do work for that one movie. Do you think I'm going to have to manually remove the XML files for this to work?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by mithra62

• Solution
mithra62

Yikes! You're right; MB3...

Well, I did do a couple of other movies with the same result. MB3 downloaded a new meta file and also consumed the genre details.

As a test though, I went into a couple movies in MB3 that have the original XML files on the file system and used the refresh function (in the Neo theme FWIW) and the genres showed up as well.

Also, looking closer at the XML files, it appears they don't actually have a node for "genre", instead using "Tags" for the node. So it appears that it's my XML that's all jacked up because when I do the above "refresh" function it updates the existing XML files with the genre nodes. So yeah, my data sucks apparently. I imagine with MB2 it just made allowances for the "Tag" nodes or just fetched that data and stored it using other mechanisms that no longer seem to apply (which I get). Should be a simple matter of having a couple drinks and just refreshing the Movies one at a time.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Eric

• Like 1